Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    A fix to the bug which resets the position of the RPOS windows on occassional crashes. It also unchecks most of the chat custom channels
    Will have a look. In the meantime, try the following workaround: arrange the windows how you like and then set the file rpos.ini as write protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasguno View Post
    The specific problem is that the reticle is on the glider itself. With a first person mode, that wouldn't be a problem, but in third person, it means you sort of wave the reticle around on your glider till you randomly highlight your target. It isn't a COMPLETE handicap, but it's pretty bad.
    I just had a look at it. Actually in 1st person the issue is even worse. Because of the cam positioning, your view is then within the engine. This might affect other models too, and I am evaluating whats the best way to fix it.

Btw. You can use the command /set ctrl_externaldist -100 to free your view. The cam then moves just infront of the engine.
    Just as a quick workaround.
    But be cautious. I don't know if this has other sideeffects with the steering i.e.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper
    A fix to the bug which resets the position of the RPOS windows on occassional crashes. It also unchecks most of the chat custom channels
    Think I got that bastard. It is in testing right now.
    It's not fixing the bug that triggers it tho, as I don't have any way to reproduce it atm.
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    Look how third person looks.

Then try to maneuver a Punisher through caves and you know why it needs fixing.
    It's on the internal test server.
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Thanks Farril

Quote Originally Posted by Farril View Post
    I just had a look at it. Actually in 1st person the issue is even worse. Because of the cam positioning, your view is then within the engine. This might affect other models too, and I am evaluating whats the best way to fix it.

Btw. You can use the command /set ctrl_externaldist -100 to free your view. The cam then moves just infront of the engine.
    Just as a quick workaround.
    But be cautious. I don't know if this has other sideeffects with the steering i.e.
    I've been using /set ctrl_externaldist 0 which works ok, until you fly, and then your view is bouncing inside the aircraft model. Also, you have to retype the set command every time you get out of the glider. It's workable, but pretty bad. An ACTUAL first person mode would solve the problem. That is, of course, from someone who knows not a thing about coding.

Active all chat channels by default so new players don't miss anything, I assume this is a change to the default ini files?

Unless I am missing something, "/set_externaldist 0" no longer does anything anymore, in a glider, making them pretty rought to use. Went from bad to worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasguno View Post
    Unless I am missing something, "/set_externaldist 0" no longer does anything anymore, in a glider, making them pretty rought to use. Went from bad to worse.
    Never Mind, I was doing it wrong. "/set ctrl_externaldist -100" does the job, as before.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234