Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    Reducing rate of active item damage on creed/increase damage. The healing light which i'd say is it's rifle counterpart out performs it massively.

Edit: Unless this was done for a reason in the interest of balance?
    i don't think we should mention weapon balance stuff in this thread. if anything this needs to be addressed in a separate thread for each weapon. also the balancing of those is still on going. before they finished the base line there's no need for that either.

This thread is exciting to read, but without Triv or Zoltan capturing these its going to become another thread of endless lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    This thread is exciting to read, but without Triv or Zoltan capturing these its going to become another thread of endless lists.
    also without us knowing what is actually being considered and viable we will keep making the same threads for the same topics over and over burying a lot of good stuff in a lot of noise.

1) Melee weapons need some love, both in damage output and visual representation. It must be annoying to hear me (the one player who mains as a melee combatant) harp on it over and over again, but it's honestly the biggest problem for me. I can't effectively farm (to level to WoC, I literally found 1 mob and camped it over and over again for hours on end), and the weapons I use look, well, not very good. The katana model is damn near invisible it's so small and flimsy; would love to see the weapons around 2/2.5 times the current size. Give them some substance.

2) Mob Animations don't always show up; there are plenty of instances where the mob will simply stand still and look as if it's ignoring you while your hp drops. Really hard to convince people to play the game when it's lacking animations.

3) Secure Sectors - I get the point of them, I just disagree with the point. Would certainly put a little scare factor in every place that you went if you could still fight or get jumped anywhere. If this isn't a point up for debate, then may I ask for the nightclubs to no longer be secure sectors?

4) Being able to jump zones/gen rep out in the middle of a fight is super lame. I recommend a debuff of some kind that prevents you from leaving the current sector you're in while taking damage; have it last x amount of time (say 10 seconds) and refreshes every time you're hit. That way, you have to avoid taking damage for 10 seconds before you can zone out.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

- The "Dude where's my car" minigame isn't fun. My Hovertec is still out in some zone being camped by Y Replicant Commanders. I have no idea where it is. It's been a few days.

- The Inventory weight bug. Sometimes I'll empty out my inventory except my armor I'm wearing and the Free Space # or whatever seems too low. So I relog and its back to normal.

- Twice I've been zooming along the coastline in C-12 and zoned South to get kicked to the login screen and returned to my apartment. See attached screenshot.

NCbug.jpg
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    1) Melee weapons need some love
    please read the entire thread. the dev team already knows about the weapons and melee. the new baseline hasn't been established so there really is no point in bring this up in here. this is not what this thread was meant for.

2) Mob Animations don't always show up; there are plenty of instances where the mob will simply stand still and look as if it's ignoring you while your hp drops. Really hard to convince people to play the game when it's lacking animations.
    report this in the bug section.

3) Secure Sectors - I get the point of them, I just disagree with the point. Would certainly put a little scare factor in every place that you went if you could still fight or get jumped anywhere. If this isn't a point up for debate, then may I ask for the nightclubs to no longer be secure sectors?

4) Being able to jump zones/gen rep out in the middle of a fight is super lame. I recommend a debuff of some kind that prevents you from leaving the current sector you're in while taking damage; have it last x amount of time (say 10 seconds) and refreshes every time you're hit. That way, you have to avoid taking damage for 10 seconds before you can zone out.
    you really didn't read the thread. again... this isn't something that's easily fixed. maybe in code but those are design decisions that are as old as nc and also integral to the experience. if you want to talk about their validity make a separate thread for each.

Quote Originally Posted by mystery8 View Post
    - The Inventory weight bug. Sometimes I'll empty out my inventory except my armor I'm wearing and the Free Space # or whatever seems too low. So I relog and its back to normal.

- Twice I've been zooming along the coastline in C-12 and zoned South to get kicked to the login screen and returned to my apartment. See attached screenshot.
    bugs belong to the bug sub forum?

it's really hard not to recommend putting everything in it's own thread when people just ignore the idea behind one like this. use your brain people. i do think you know the difference between a qol quick fix and a bug you lazy bastards.
    Last edited by eNTi; 07-04-16 at 09:37.

What eNTI said, already the thread is losing its '10 minute fix' list.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    •Possible to display character rank on character selection screen?
    •Give the option to turn off the permanent pokeball reticle on the screen.
    Further clarity on user interface.

Much of the RPOS (quickbelt, character info, chat, top menu, top menus F1-F11 windows and container windows (GoGuardians, Mobs, Boxes etc)) require deep code changes to implement. For that kind of change we'd need decent availability of primary development resource (i.e. Zoltan). For that reason changes to those UI elements are beyond the scope of the "10 minute fix" nature of this thread. This also applies to the main menu beyond the text displayed on it.

Terminal and activation windows (e.g. apartment key, vehicle key, apartment access, and CityCom windows) do not have such complex requirements for their appearance and layout. Dependant on the change some of those would be applicable for this thread. Just remember that suggestions here should be to improve quality of experience and polish to be considered. An example of this would be the mission select screen being enlarged to show 6 missions instead of 3, to make selecting the right mission less frustrating.

Crosshairs/reticles you can modify to a degree yourself.

I'll return to the thread and respond to more posts in due course. I've certainly not forgotten about this thread.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 08-04-16 at 21:46. Reason: main menu clause
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Audio

• Change the sound of the SMG. It makes a pathetic weak pellet gun sound. I’ve put a silencer on my Liberator SMG and it is louder than the standard sound. What?!
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

•Brilliant soundtrack bar the royalty free club music. It doesn’t fit and is overused in some of the faction headquarters. I’ve heard the music used in an online video to sell sex toys once. Honest. There’s like two songs that play constantly at most faction HQ and it drives you nuts. Maybe have it play at a few bars and clubs?
    This one is personal preference really...

•The normal sized rats that roam the streets of Neocron don’t roam. They are stationary and hump the ground. Find one the little critters and observe it stuck to the spot thrusting into the ground. What gives? Bug? Or were they tweaked due to a map limitation?
    Known issue. Related to clipping code. This was the cost of significantly improved player positioning. They'll get fixed eventually but it's not a ten minute fix and we risk opening that particular can of worms.

•The rewards for the twilight guardian epic are pathetic. I’m not saying change the quest just give us more than some cash and some useless grenades. Every other faction gets imps and vehicles. Give a trophy maybe. Either use the literal model there is of a trophy or a Drom trophy. Just give something more.
    Yes the reward is a bit useless. What takes this out of scope is that we'd need to produce a solution to address those who have already completed the mission. We are aware of this though. This and that grenades really do need making worthwhile at some point...

•Tanks are missing 2 skill points. Could really help newbies when 2 points is nothing to scoff at.
    I'm not familiar with this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampslord View Post
    -The chatbox and the run toggle. I always found it annoying that the run toggle is link with capslock. I always forgot to press enter and turn it off so i dont write like i'm screaming.
    You can reassign 'Run Lock' to a key of your choice in the main menu.
    -Chem vendor. Have the chem sort alphabeticly maybe? Jsut to make it easier to find the one we need.
    At the moment we can't dictate the sort order of vendors I'm afraid.
    -maybe add a way to repeat tradeskill so you can do stack instead of having to always put back whatever in the processor. Example, if i'm building a load of wp1, having to drag a bp in the processor, click the little "number selection window" (with the processor windows moving around this one sometime get under and), start the process, rinse and repeat is annoying. Being able to put a stack of bp in the processor, and it stay there, you press the start button and it just go and build them all.
    Out of scope of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by McgregorKA View Post
    Perhaps music...<snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i wasn't lying when...<snip>
    Please see this post if you've not already read it.

Hopefully my next post here will be a little brighter than this one.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

There is only ONE thing, that really...really needs to be fixed ...honestly ...the most annoying and almost gamebreaking ...fail aligned door-texture in the Twilight Guardian HQ ^^
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...
    Time to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Yes the reward is a bit useless. What takes this out of scope is that we'd need to produce a solution to address those who have already completed the mission. We are aware of this though. This and that grenades really do need making worthwhile at some point...
    Tactical Grenades

Black Dragon 'Drugpot' Handgrenade

weak fuzz screen for everybody that's hit (large area) (not stackable, and shouldnt last to long) - it's a flash bang

Twilight Guardian 'AntiPSI Accoustic Screamer' Hand Grenade

one time strong PSI and Stamina drain (small area)

City Admin 'NCPD Doorbell'

Blows fusion animation 5-10 times in RAPID succesion - its a flashbang (Please give me that!)

Diamond Real Estate 'Eviction Notice' Hand Grenade

Smoke Grenade Wide area, stays for a long time.

If you cant properly make smoke: Give us a Stacked Poison effect. It should not be possible to have line of sight. Else it's useless.

This would make for some fun tactical options

Please, use the main Brainport forum for full blown ideas and proposals and read this post for the purpose of this thread.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

former king of saturn

Papercut#1
    One shouldn't be allowed to use a GR to travel to that same GR.

Papercut#2
    Activating GRs should be free and automatic when one clicks them. The only people the cost of GRs impacts are noobs. Stop punishing them just because they are a noob and/or you have some delusion about not handing people the game.

Papercut#3
    Fusion Cannons animations are so offensive to the eyes everyone ignores them or blacklists those using them. Replacing the animation with one that doesn't make sense would be a a significant improvement.

Papercut#4
    Para spell sounds are the things of nightmares and aneurisms. Please oh please oh please god and reza and zeus and regant please please please god make it stop.

Papercut#5
    Audio queues when receiving damage aren't firing. Can you put in the Quake 3 hit sound for now if nothing else is working?

More papercuts to come.

User Interface

•The rewards for the twilight guardian epic are pathetic. I’m not saying change the quest just give us more than some cash and some useless grenades. Every other faction gets imps and vehicles. Give a trophy maybe. Either use the literal model there is of a trophy or a Drom trophy. Just give something more.
    sic
    I would agree to that, but not only TG is lacking a good item. DRE is lacking a good reward either. The Grenades may not be good but, what do i need a Appartment in OZ which looks crapy AND have a lot storage boxes, when i can buy a unfurnished Appartment that looks good and can have a lot of Storage. It is'nt worth playing DRE in this game anymore. The Fac-DB and the EPIC-Reward is not realy good. An how much Appartments is one Runner buying? The FSM just having Via Appartments isn't good at all.

Some things that might work:

• Move the small and mid Via appartments to the Appartment Vendors in Plaza. And let the big expensive one at the fsm.
    • Take better Fruniture away from the Furniture Vendors and place it to the FSM (GoGu, Storages, cause they are needed quite much)
    • I dunno if it is Possible, but it's DRE, why not making DRE only Selling Clan Appartments for ALL Factions. And remove them From the FSMs at the other Factions.

I mean some things a DRE-Runner needs is at MB or BD HQ. Why not making something others need like Storage Space, Clan Appartements, DRE only selling it.

I don't know if changing Selling Items of the Vendors is a lot of work.

Best Regards,
    Jason

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast