former king of saturn

The player base dwindles because new blood is so hard to come by, not only because old players stop logging in. This is an effective way for them to push the game forward and I hope the experience is something very different than what we have seen in the past.

There is a lot to change about the game and what is important to me is the continued visibility of changes. What would make me a believer again is a schedule. Devs should be able to feel the gratitude of hitting schedules and marks even if they are small in scope. I don't want "the patch," I want patchES.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    The player base dwindles because new blood is so hard to come by, not only because old players stop logging in. This is an effective way for them to push the game forward and I hope the experience is something very different than what we have seen in the past.

There is a lot to change about the game and what is important to me is the continued visibility of changes. What would make me a believer again is a schedule. Devs should be able to feel the gratitude of hitting schedules and marks even if they are small in scope. I don't want "the patch," I want patchES.
    The new blood will just leave again after they figure out that the core game is broken. I do agree that the new player experience has gone from rather archaic to somewhat better to extremely bad and stays there for the moment. I do however think that this experience will just give someone a false impression of what will come afterwards.

I was also really surprised and apalled to see the amount of effort you put into the new player experience.

This is nice to have if you work on User acquisition.

Nice to have not necessary. NECESSARY IS ADVERTISMENT, YOUTUBE GUIDES, TWICH CHANNELS all the goddamn new Media Stuff.

But you told us multiple times that player acquisiton is not your current goal anyways!

So excuse me, i value the effort that went into the new starter area but:

What the hell is going on guys?

Do you even have a development Roadmap?

A ´priority List?

Considering the effort you put into this project for the graphical part (desiging a starter area, setting down NPC's)

- Wouldn't this effort be better invested in the high res project?
    - In redesigning parts of the game which will be visible for everybody?

Considering the substantial effort you put into mission building:

- Wouldn't this effort be better invested in evening out the usefulness of the different Epic Quests?
    - In Designing new WoC Quests?
    - In adding shit which actually improves the complexity and depth of the game?

And WTH is going on with the balance Project? Where is the transparency?

I asked Bragi in the Bone Enforcment Thread a specific Question on the 22-03-16, it's a month later and still no answer. Do I have to start a PN-Pestering-Campaign every time I want to contribute something to the Project?

And where is Zoltans answer on letting the community help with the damn coding, if he's fucking drowning and manpower is low as we get told all the time this at least deserves a response.

Sorry for the tone but this was definitly not what I expected.

Answers or Riot!
    Last edited by Odimara Orca; 21-04-16 at 10:14.

I actually think this game needs less... not more quests. If i wanted to play a theme park game I would play wow. Quests are extremely time consuming and hard to get right. They also get old very quickly so its quite the wrong approach to put your time on if you have limited resources. Even WoW suffers from quest fatigue and they basically have limitless resources. No one expects a lot of quests in NC... use that to your advantage.

Also: Communication, communication, communication.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    I actually think this game needs less... not more quests. If i wanted to play a theme park game I would play wow. Quests are extremely time consuming and hard to get right. They also get old very quickly so its quite the wrong approach to put your time on if you have limited resources. Even WoW suffers from quest fatigue and they basically have limitless resources. No one expects a lot of quests in NC... use that to your advantage.

Also: Communication, communication, communication.
    Most of the Epics are useless.

Redesgin them = More Content for everybody

More WoC Quests = Content for some Classes which dont have WoC things right now (Meele)

Content is always good.

And if we'd get somewhere with the balance project we might also adress depth (losing hope rapidly though)

Redesign should be priority 1, we keep hearing the same excuses about hard coded issues and lack of manpower while at the same time if we want to help, if we want to contribute we get ignored. Make up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    Most of the Epics are useless.

Redesgin them = More Content for everybody

More WoC Quests = Content for some Classes which dont have WoC things right now (Meele)

Content is always good.

And if we'd get somewhere with the balance project we might also adress depth (losing hope rapidly though)
    I am not sure if you ignore what I am saying or if you disagree: Quest design is difficult and takes a lot of work for something that will outstay it's welcome rather quickly. I for one don't care for quests after the first time. I can endure them a few more times but after doing them for years on end I just want to puke for the lack of impact of uncovering yet another EPIC conspiracy. Quests are pointless if they don't have a lasting impact and they probably never will because you'd need some seriously sick AI that designs them and incorporates their outcome into the game world. I guess that same AI would much sooner wipe the human race from the face of the earth.

Quests are content but not the right kind for the game itself and for the man power behind them. Missions are fine because they don't pretend to have any lasting impact. They are the busy work that is short enough without the fluff. That doesn't mean we could use more mission variety... and they could also be somewhat more limited (with higher rewards) based on how many are done in a given time... but that's just game design flavor.

Again: Content is hard and time consuming. Fixing shit is maybe not nearly as much fun but 'shit' is what most of the nc population is doing for most of its time. Focus on that! Use your resources wisely.

I am not sure if you ignore what I am saying or if you disagree
    I disagree.

Grinding and and timesink mechanics are essential for MMORPG's.

If you want an everchanging type of content provided to you, this is not the right kind of game for you.

Especially considering the Age of Neocron.

The Team should stick to what Neocron is good at. PVPing, Item Grinding (Special Items through Epic/WoC Quests) and Leveling.

Also before calling me out on "not reading your posts" you might want to actually write something useful in them.

Like what is the "shit" you refer to?

The revamp and depth? Do you even read my posts or do you just disagree?

I disagree.

If you want an everchanging type of content provided to you, this is not the right kind of game for you.

The Team should stick to what Neocron is good at. PVPing, Item Grinding (Special Items through Epic/WoC Quests) and Leveling
    You really do confuse me. You are talking about QUEST redesign, no? Quest grind is nothing Neocron will ever have. Quest grind was only coined by WoWs over reliance and overabundance of quests. I do agree with (mission/mob) grinding... but I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying. Either you really do have a hard time understanding English or my English is much worse than I thought.

Back for the moment

I disagree.

The Team should stick to what Neocron is good at. PVPing, Item Grinding (Special Items through Epic/WoC Quests) and Leveling.

Also before calling me out on "not reading your posts" you might want to actually write something useful in them.

Like what is the "shit" you refer to?

The revamp and depth? Do you even read my posts or do you just disagree?
    eNTi registration date July 2003
    Odimara Orca registration date February 2015

0_o

You really do confuse me. You are talking about QUEST redesign, no? Quest grind is nothing Neocron will ever have. Quest grind was only coined by WoWs over reliance and overabundance of quests. I do agree with (mission/mob) grinding... but I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying. Either you really do have a hard time understanding English or my English is much worse than I thought.
    I'm talking about the redesign of the Quest Rewards for existing epic runs and implementation of additional WoC quests.

As far as I understand you: You dislike a focus on this kind of content but you'd rather have them fix 'shit' (whatever that means)

I'm talking about the redesign of the Quest Rewards for existing epic runs and implementation of additional WoC quests.

As far as I understand you: You dislike a focus on this kind of content but you'd rather have them fix 'shit' (whatever that means)
    Well I agree with you on the redesign of the quest rewards... but that will have to wait until the re-balancing project is finished imho. Also ADDING additional WoC quest is exactly my point of wrong focus of resources. Those quest are a huge undertaking and are merely late late end game. It certainly needs to be done but I don't think that NOW is the time for that when 'shit' is broken.

The quotes are deliberate. By "shit" I mean all the stuff we reported in the Brainport and the Bug forums. Everything that people do all the time. The grind as you put it is part of that. Mission are a part of that. Rare hunting and the re-invigoration of MANY zones is a part of that. PvP of course, but that too will have to wait until the re-balancing. The economy is a huge part of "shit" people "do" all the time. All these things are incremental changes rather than redesign and they affect most of the player base. New and old alike.

As for "useful things"... I mean specifics should go into their own respective threads on the Brainport/Bug forums. The dev team stated that many times and I agree that they need to be sliced up into digestible portions. I just don't agree with the mode of delivery and the feedback loop.
    Last edited by eNTi; 21-04-16 at 11:46.

Well I agree with you on the redesign of the quest rewards... but that will have to wait until the re-balancing project is finished imho. Also ADDING additional WoC quest is exactly my point of wrong focus of resources. Those quest are a huge undertaking and are merely late late end game. It certainly needs to be done but I don't think that NOW is the time for that ..
    Take a look at my Post: This is specifically in the Context of the new Missions Designed for the starter area.

Take a look at the Team organisation: Coder != Graphic Artist =! Mission desginer.

You can't simply cross assign the people.

A Mission Designer can't fix Bugs or play with Damage Values.

But he can invest in missions which make more sense.

Take a look at my Post: This is specifically in the Context of the new Missions Designed for the starter area.

Take a look at the Team organisation: Coder != Graphic Artist =! Mission desginer.

You can't simply cross assign the people.

A Mission Designer can't fix Bugs or play with Damage Values.

But he can invest in missions which make more sense.
    This MIGHT be true but judging from former posts of the dev team it seems that mission design is tightly interconnected with coding and you will also need graphic assets for new quests. So i respectfully disagree that they can all work on different parts of the game. Especially Zoltan who seems to be the only one really touching the code of the game. I might be wrong of course.

I also think that there is some overlap in specializations and things the dev team does. So I guess some people are able to tackle different parts of the game. They still have only so much time to do so...

The community was always of differing oppinions on what Needs to be done and fixed how quickly and what has or hasn't this or that priority... as Long as I can remember.

So is anybody really surprised if the Team is doing Things just their own way instead of trying to please everyon at the same time? Not even paid full-time developers do that... because they simply know better what they are dealign with than anyone could who isn't in the loop.

Listening to the commuity means to change focus on a weekly basis...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast