I am sorry to bump an old thread but I havent seen it properly in some time and sat down today with my NC head on.

Maths is not my strong point I am afraid so please forgive me.

However that aside I would very much like to simplify what bone reinforcements do in NC. I think reading the wall of text above from Odimara Orca is all well and good but a self-confessed maths chimp like me is not going to want to work out what all of that stuff actually means.

I would propose as a general theme to have bones rigidly reinforce one aspect of a character - their defence. Going down the lines of all of this tradeskill stuff and everything else will convolute the issue and start people talking about a million different topics at once. Some of the ideas above were brilliant but I would prefer to deal with one issue at a time.

For me bone implants make the player more like a Terminator. In order to balance those benefits the maximum level bones need to be available to all classes. I would recommend capping the requirements for ALL bones at a level achievable by all classes.

For example 40 Con can be reached by everyone - have the TIER3 bones be usable at up to this level but no higher. Have all of the bones then give a bonus to runspeed (agility and or athletics in equal measure) and body health/endurance. This benefits ALL classes but favours none.

Some classes gain experience in some skills faster than others (Tanks con for example levels quicker than other classes) so will naturally level up quicker. This will lead to mid level imbalances sure but i think this is a necessary evil.

If you want to then go down the route of Dex-based subskill bonuses for dex-based bones replace the bonuses 1 for 1 with PC/RC/whichever.

this way people can make a choice between more health/run speed and more damage output. Keep it simple.

I think 65 points or whatever the bone set gives currently is enough. The game would need an nc1 style runspeed hard cap for the above suggestion to work and it would need to be clearly documented as to what this is but it makes it easier to understand.

I would also want to have individual pieces (bones) giving their own benefits as they do currently but be interchangeable with others - so for example if I wanted to go full health bonuses I would use the health line whereas if I felt I wanted to spec more endurance I could swap out one of my health bones for an endurance bone.

I would want to have the freedom to choose and tailor my style as i saw fit and not have to worry about maluses or anything of that nature.

I would also like to see new bones brought in that give combat bonuses EQUAL to the store bought health/endurance/agility statistic. 10 pistol combat is worth a metric tonne to me more than 10 endurance and I would happily farm the viper king for this however as a baseline I think leaving things the way they are is best.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

TLDR version

Edit for clarity:

I would keep the bones as they are but change all values to only give Health/Endurance/Agility/Athletics.

I would have 2 lines of bones - speed line (Health and End) and stamina line and (Agi Ath).

Have these run all the way up to Experimental.

I would keep the Xray bones line as they are - perhaps add a psi resist line to match them pound for pound (presuming psi damage will be a viable damage type in the future). I would compare the values of Xray bones with their equivalent armour pieces to compare the values of the total resist. I would make the other bonuses on Xray bones in line with the above (Health + Xray for example or End + Xray).

I would introduce a set of bones which are mob drop only but from ALL 120/120 mobs in the game and have these replace 1 of the 2 stats from the store bought lines with a weapon skill adding buff. Akin to what the Bat Queen Arm and Chest do currently but in line with the bonuses given by store bought equivalent.

Edit again:

In terms of gloves - this old thread covered it well.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...ght=hack+glove
    Last edited by William Antrim; 15-07-16 at 13:21.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    TLDR version

Edit for clarity:

I would keep the bones as they are but change all values to only give Health/Endurance/Agility/Athletics.

I would have 2 lines of bones - speed line (Health and End) and stamina line and (Agi Ath).
    Maybe I'm nitpicking but did you mix up the lines? Endurance mainly increases the Stamina Points and HLT the lifepoints... so those would be for the Stamina Line, no?
    AGI and ATH make you go faster so they are the Speed Line for my understanding.

In general I think it makes sense to Focus bone enforcements on defense and survivability. I wouldn't mind this Change. Not sure about the uberPVP Setups tho. They would probalby Need adjustments to other implants, depending on the balancing. Or combat gloves :P
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

I think that the hand slot should be able to be a glove with weapon/spell type specializations as well as a means for using Psi spells. like a boost to apu spells, or a boost to heavy combat, while also allowing for spell usage. I know that the tank isn't any good for using spells, but even so, what about the rare heavy weapon PE? maybe a little over the top, but I think that even a tradeskill glove with usage of psi ability could be used. maybe at a higher skill level, or even an added requirement for the skill that holds the specified point accumulation. maybe even possibly needing an amount of a specific skill point distribution to the thing it is about to boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Maybe I'm nitpicking but did you mix up the lines? Endurance mainly increases the Stamina Points and HLT the lifepoints... so those would be for the Stamina Line, no?
    Yes. I was at work and rushed the post out. Drachen gets the prize. Please reverse the 2 lines on the TLDR section. I meant health and endurance being the stamina line and the agi and ath obviously being the speed bones.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12