Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    Afaik, the afro model was lost at some point. If you have an NC2 beta client, let us know.
    A twitter shoutout?

What about turning it to community contribution? just release the data necessary to create new hairstyles, clothing, etc, review it within the team and implement it as you see fit? or are there obstacles we don't know of?

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    What about turning it to community contribution? just release the data necessary to create new hairstyles, clothing, etc, review it within the team and implement it as you see fit? or are there obstacles we don't know of?
    This would be amazing.

I'd whip up some next gen shit for melee weapons
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

What about turning it to community contribution? just release the data necessary to create new hairstyles, clothing, etc, review it within the team and implement it as you see fit?
    Neither i have the time to check, clear and implement them all, there are also legal things that prevents this kind of contribution. I also started that out some time ago and it became a dead end because of missing feedback.

or are there obstacles we don't know of?
    Yes, creating new assets and textures is the easy part

There is quite some stuff in the pipe for that kind but it requires a lot of groundwork to get thing ingame quickly in the future. Touching a model also means new UVs, animation editing, ingame implementations.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    Having said all of that, I do miss the NC1 models/skins. The PE sunglasses, the tank white shirt with suspenders, the almost mutated looking monk skins, etc.
    Drake: Agreed

-

More customization: I beg you to proceed with caution here. Generally people will say that more customization = always better, but they don't notice how detrimental it can be to a game's atmosphere, because: not all players are artistic, and some will make bad-looking characters because "it's funny" or they don't care. Allowing players to become a unique avatar that fits in the game's world is great, provided that it indeed fits in the game's world.

It's already pretty easy to make a bad looking character currently in NC2 with most of the hairstyles and mustaches etc. It wasn't really possible to make a bad-looking character in NC1 because the hairstyle was painted onto the face textures, and because of that, always matched. The only way (afaik) you could make a really stupid looking character in NC1 was by abusing the color sliders, like a bright green shirt with bright magenta pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    A twitter shoutout?
    Specifically it would be the closed beta client. I managed to source the open beta client a while back via some fierce Google-fu, my requests on Twitter were sadly a dead end. All of the open beta assets are things we already have, sadly sans-afro.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12