Default Running from Neocron City to MB as 0/2

neocron_mb.jpg

One the the most-asked questions on help chat is "can someone take me to MB?". Besides the MB cyclops bunker being overrated imho (i prefer the outzone, main sewer or swamps, either with a chance of rare carcass drops), it's a very common level spot for low to mid chars. So i asked myself: "is it possible to run from NC to MB as a 0/2?" I took up the challenge and there are spoilers ahead. Don't read on if you want the full adventure.

So when i arrived at my apartment as a 0/2 rifle spy (my preferred char class), i didn't start shooting right away but just check some crates and sell the valuables for GR money, and left the city through the main gate minutes after coming to life. In my backpack i had some ammo for my Dex 2 street rifle, a few stamina boosters, some candy bars and a small health pack. I didn't even bother buying the single most important item for a starting char: the cheapo TL 30 recycling tool, which will turn garbage into resources and sweet exp points. Because i was in an impatient mood, craving for adventure. Yay!

Since i know my ways around in NC, i headed straight north to Crest Village to tag the GR, and after that even more northward to reach Tech Haven. Down in the vault i finally bought me that recycling tool, made a slightly better street rifle from some wood and stuff, cloned stamina boosters, ammo, and health packs and left the concrete underground for the wastelands.

There are two "less dangerous" ways to reach the Military Base: One keeping strictly to the western rim of the Wasteland, crossing through Point Red and Tawkeen and enjoying the vivid lifeforms of the swamplands all the way up to the MB. The second would be heading straight north from TH, passing Hawkins Uplink and turning west as you spot Emmerson Factory. Head on west, pass Chester Lab and turn north as you reach Sieger Uplink. This is where things are getting dangerous, as you're in Warbot Country now. Keep our eyes open and avoid all critters carefully, tag the Battle Dome GR and keep running north until you reach the icy waters of the northern ocean. The beach may be looking innocent and dwelled by helpless crabs, but there's still a small chance of meeting Warbots or any of their minions. Keep right next to the waterline as you're walking west until you get to the cliff line, where you turn south, cross the zoneline from K 01 into J 01 and - voila - you reached the Military Base, still being a 0/2 noob. In any case, check you faction relations before entering the MB or TH, and visit the sewers in either settlement for your entertainment.

Have a happy and productive day, everyone!

Kiss with DIS

Nice post btw

Another less often used method, providing you are up for the adventure of course is trying the venture warp facility.
    This does involve a little bit more cash and a lot of luck, but it can get you pretty close if not directly into the MB zone. It can also take you to the opposite side of the map full of nasty fire mobs, but it can be worth the risk as you can tag some handy GR's while out in the field and may make the journey slightly shorter.

It is a method I use on my own low level characters although it is often hit and miss.

Challenge accepted! When I get a chance to get in there if all else fails on my character recovery, trying this out it for good times.

Took the Venture warp route Made it almost to Techhaven

Nah, dats care bear playstyle! Do not pass Go. Do not collect 200NC. Go straight to the Venture Warp and end up in J16 or Ceres Mine
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Kiss with DIS

Well, last night I Venture warped on my low level poker (5/3), he cannot use a decent weapon, he cannot recycle, he has no armour either.
    Warped in at the top of G03 in the middle of the swamp surrounded by various unpleasant poison mobs and other critters. After some swimming and monster avoiding I made it to Regents Fortress in more or less one piece.
    Now for the rest of the journey....

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    neocron_mb.jpg

One the the most-asked questions on help chat is "can someone take me to MB?". Besides the MB cyclops bunker being overrated imho (i prefer the outzone, main sewer or swamps, either with a chance of rare carcass drops), it's a very common level spot for low to mid chars. So i asked myself: "is it possible to run from NC to MB as a 0/2?" I took up the challenge and there are spoilers ahead. Don't read on if you want the full adventure.

So when i arrived at my apartment as a 0/2 rifle spy (my preferred char class), i didn't start shooting right away but just check some crates and sell the valuables for GR money, and left the city through the main gate minutes after coming to life. In my backpack i had some ammo for my Dex 2 street rifle, a few stamina boosters, some candy bars and a small health pack. I didn't even bother buying the single most important item for a starting char: the cheapo TL 30 recycling tool, which will turn garbage into resources and sweet exp points. Because i was in an impatient mood, craving for adventure. Yay!

Since i know my ways around in NC, i headed straight north to Crest Village to tag the GR, and after that even more northward to reach Tech Haven. Down in the vault i finally bought me that recycling tool, made a slightly better street rifle from some wood and stuff, cloned stamina boosters, ammo, and health packs and left the concrete underground for the wastelands.

There are two "less dangerous" ways to reach the Military Base: One keeping strictly to the western rim of the Wasteland, crossing through Point Red and Tawkeen and enjoying the vivid lifeforms of the swamplands all the way up to the MB. The second would be heading straight north from TH, passing Hawkins Uplink and turning west as you spot Emmerson Factory. Head on west, pass Chester Lab and turn north as you reach Sieger Uplink. This is where things are getting dangerous, as you're in Warbot Country now. Keep our eyes open and avoid all critters carefully, tag the Battle Dome GR and keep running north until you reach the icy waters of the northern ocean. The beach may be looking innocent and dwelled by helpless crabs, but there's still a small chance of meeting Warbots or any of their minions. Keep right next to the waterline as you're walking west until you get to the cliff line, where you turn south, cross the zoneline from K 01 into J 01 and - voila - you reached the Military Base, still being a 0/2 noob. In any case, check you faction relations before entering the MB or TH, and visit the sewers in either settlement for your entertainment.

Have a happy and productive day, everyone!
    No Damage on my drone, had a great contructor and researcher on this, any alternatives? (I'm a droner)

I did the run many moons ago but in reverse. Created a CM alt but wanted to get to where I had my primary apartments, resources and friends were. Got all the way past the swamps when I got turned into a Giant Dragonflys bitch. Too fast and deadly for an 0/2 runner. If I remember correctly, I did level my Constitution upon death.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Threat45 View Post
    No Damage on my drone, had a great contructor and researcher on this, any alternatives? (I'm a droner)
    Way to difficult to start up and the bugs, I'll try next month, have fun all!