Default How often you have sync/dc problems?

One thing that puts me off exploring this game more is the frequency of sync problems followed by dcing. How often do other people experience this? Luckily it's a quick process to log back in but ruins the atmosphere the game has created.

It used to happen to me, maybe 1 in 15 times. It's much more frequent now thanks to the "new world request failed" errors that everyone's been getting recently.

Sync issues have existed forever and I'd think if it could be fixed it would have been sometime in the last 13 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan @ Twitter
    Oh! Tell you what! It seem I've found the annoying chat-/desync bug
    Hopefully..
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Kiss with DIS

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvibe View Post
    One thing that puts me off exploring this game more is the frequency of sync problems followed by dcing. How often do other people experience this? Luckily it's a quick process to log back in but ruins the atmosphere the game has created.
    It used to happen to me on a regular basis, the problem was due to hardware.
    If you have a cable connection or if you have an ISP which provides a cheap router, change the default router to a better one, in my case it was down to a Virgin Super HUB, if you have the same type switch to modem mode and the problem will go away... then buy a better router.

Note this problem also caused in-game chat to stop working, I would also sync to world creation error if I spent too much time in a zone, from what I can gather the problem is caused by UDP packet loss, I guess some routers are not good at handling UDP and the game engine is over sensitive to their loss, but I am far from being a expert on those matters. All I can suggest is try the above and also ensure you have set port forwarding for Neocrons ports.. But, from my experience this will not have any effect.
    Last edited by DIS; 27-12-15 at 17:05. Reason: more details.

Ty Dis for the tip. Actually I do have a virgin superhub. I don't have any problems with other games I play, including Fallen Earth, Elite Dangerous and Swtor. I'll see if I can tweak a few things.

Kiss with DIS

Ty Dis for the tip. Actually I do have a virgin superhub. I don't have any problems with other games I play, including Fallen Earth, Elite Dangerous and Swtor. I'll see if I can tweak a few things.
    Neocron is the only game that has issues with the SuperHub at my end, if you have a direct connection to your PC try Modem mode, you should find it will work a treat.... just no one else can use the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    Neocron is the only game that has issues with the SuperHub at my end, if you have a direct connection to your PC try Modem mode, you should find it will work a treat.... just no one else can use the Internet
    Lol Dis my son would kill me heh! By the way what is the next sniper rifle I should be aiming for... Can't find anything better so far and I hate hitting aggressor captains for 23 damage

Kiss with DIS

Lol Dis my son would kill me heh! By the way what is the next sniper rifle I should be aiming for... Can't find anything better so far and I hate hitting aggressor captains for 23 damage
    You should probably be looking at guns such the Medicant rifle and Assault rifle, they do decent damage and are quite easy to build, if you are on message me, I should be online with one of the characters listed on my profile, I have loads of rifles I can donate

Hey, I've coded a new proxy from scratch. if you wanna try it open your UPDATER.INI and replace all IPs you can find against this one: "85.10.211.24"

-> Start the client directly / without the launcher.

But keep in your mind this is just an early version.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Kiss with DIS

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Hey, I've coded a new proxy from scratch. if you wanna try it open your UPDATER.INI and replace all IPs you can find against this one: "85.10.211.24"

-> Start the client directly / without the launcher.

But keep in your mind this is just an early version.
    Hi Zoltan, testing it now for you... will let you know on the results ASAP!

thanks!

Kiss with DIS

thanks!
    Okay update, I think this has fixed Zoning problems and chat issues Thanks Zoltan, I will keep using this new IP and play the game as normal with my old router, will update you over the next few days.

Thanks!

Kiss with DIS

Quick update, did several zone tests...

Firstly got a ride from NC to MB.. not a single Sync issue.. perfect...

Then stayed outside of MB for at least 20-30 mins... Zoned back to MB.. no Sync issues. Also chat was working without issue the entire time.
    This is all done using older router that would always have issues previously.. so far so good.. anyone with sync or chat bugs should try Zoltan's solution and report back

Regards,

thanks!
    So to try this how does one start the game without the launcher...and do you have to start the game like this every time?

Kiss with DIS

So to try this how does one start the game without the launcher...and do you have to start the game like this every time?
    Thats right, just start the client.exe p.s happy new year

Thats right, just start the client.exe p.s happy new year
    Having prbs finding the correct client.exe. The one I click opens a prompt window asking for the disc and won't bloody close heh....Happy New back at ya!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast