Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thank you community

Id just like to thank the community for the help they have given me in my first steps in the world of NC. Some guy came and gave me some ammo and credits after I'd ran out of ammo. Another guy helped me find my way up the informant for the Mr Jones quest. I must also apologise if I didn't reply to what I suspect were pm's whilst I was rooted to the spot after becoming encumbered with the ammo and trying to figure out how to get out of this mess heh.
    No doubt I'll be seeking more advice and guidance throughout my journey.....now how do I craft ammo heh!

Kiss with DIS

Hi Nuvibe,

Glad to hear you are doing well for yourself. Just to answer your question about Ammo, you can recycle ammo providing you have put points in your Recycle sub skill under Dexterity. If you right click the ammo that you want to create, click show details and look at its Tech Level or TL, if the Ammo is TL10 then you need 10 points in Recycle, as the requirements of the ammo increase you will need to add more points in recycle you also need a Recycle tool which can be bought from Crytons.
    To use the tool you need to put this in the processor (F7), put the ammo you want to Recycle in the second box and then fill the processor with junk, the more junk you add, the more ammo you get... junk quality also plays a factor in the amount of ammo you create. Junk is looted from mobs, I.E Tufts of hair, guts and other random useless items.

I use Recycle on most of my characters, for a small amount of expenditure, you can really save the credits and stay out in the field longer. You can Recycle most consumables such as Medipacks, StamBoosters and drugs etc.

For a detailed guide please check the Tech Haven Network: http://www.techhaven.org/resources/t...ing-guide.html

Kind regards,

Also you need some recyle Lube Bought at cryton's as well there are small packs of 20 units or big packs of 200 units

Thanks all for the guidance...now I know to do those tufts of hair hat encumbered me heh

You can also make cheap armour from the tufts of hair and skin. It's a 3:1 ratio for the first level armour but I forget which is 3 hair or skin. The higher level armour needs biotech garbage but that drops from higher mobs. Recipes are on techhaven.org however.

Thank you for posting here to say it.

IMHO, there is no community like this, nothing compared to NC experience.

Thanks for further tips. Armour is next on my agenda. I have crafted myself some ammo so all's good

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvibe View Post
    Thanks for further tips. Armour is next on my agenda. I have crafted myself some ammo so all's good
    don't forget to make some health-packs, too. at least once you used up all candy bars, soda drinks and steaks you looted from your helpless victims. for armour and further weaponry (recycled guns will never be as good as player-made, but better than stuff you buy from vendors) check techhaven. and stamina boosters for extended running. quite handy for travelling the waste lands (which is viable at rank 10/10 or even below).

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    don't forget to make some health-packs, too. at least once you used up all candy bars, soda drinks and steaks you looted from your helpless victims. for armour and further weaponry (recycled guns will never be as good as player-made, but better than stuff you buy from vendors) check techhaven. and stamina boosters for extended running. quite handy for travelling the waste lands (which is viable at rank 10/10 or even below).
    On the subject of weapons is there a auction house of sorts to buy player crafted weapons? Do I need a repair tool to fix weapons? I found a guide that suggested taking driver but I took hacker...seemed more spy/assasin orientated hope that didn't gimp me heh!

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

On the subject of weapons is there a auction house of sorts to buy player crafted weapons? Do I need a repair tool to fix weapons? I found a guide that suggested taking driver but I took hacker...seemed more spy/assasin orientated hope that didn't gimp me heh!
    No aution house in nc. You basically advertise on the trade nc channel that u are looking for a conster to build weapons for u. At lower levels alot of high level consters will build for free....not all, but some. With the population being so low, after u gain some gametime and experience it may not be a bad idea to use one or 2 of your character slots to make a tradeskiller or 2 to support your combat characters.

As far as "gimping" yourself, u arent tied to the profession u choose. It only matters for your starter mission reward. Any spy weather u start as an assassin, infiltrator, rigger, driver or tradeskiller in the end will have the potential to do the same type of stuff. It all depends on what u want that character to do.
    Last edited by gstyle40; 20-12-15 at 15:56.
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Do I need a repair tool to fix weapons?
    forgot to address this. You need half the skill of the tech level u are trying to repair....but the more repair skill u have the better the results. You do need a repair tool, and for items above starter items u will also need rep lube. If u are leveling in the city, its not all that important to have this skill because u can always either find a repper in town (one u trust) or if u have a tradeskiller of your own whom reps would be best. It is however a very good skill to have if u are out in the wastelands leveling. That with recycle will keep u in the waste until its time to change weaps, but a well placed gogo with enough weps to cap u is the best solution. You go from wep to wep fast in this game, so keep that in mind. The higher level u get, the longer u will hold a weapon. Once u start using rares is really when u will start using a dedicated repper.
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Thanks for the tips. I did try cloning a med kit but failed. It didn't seem to have a level requirement so I'll research a little more. I was following a guide I found regarding the mission system. I took the mutant corporal mission as suggested and headed to the abandoned place near the subway at via rosso. I did find mutants but no corporals...blast!

the "level" of an item to be cloned ist the TL, i.e. if the health pack has a TL of 16, you'll need a recycling skill of 16 as well. on quick missions: you will level your mainskills (Dex, Int, with a spy or PE) faster without doing missions. but these mini quests are great for pushing lesser used skills like Psi for a spy or Dex for a monk. if you want to do missions it may be a good idea to check mission locations for kill objects. like you said: not all kinds of mobs are in that basement down the street.

Welcome to NC!

A quick tip: The TL (Tech Level) of an item can be discovered by right-clicking it in the inventory and selecting 'Show Info', the TL will be displayed at the top under the item's name.

To recycle you will need a recycle tool and a recycle skill of equal or higher TL/skill than the TL of the item you are creating.
    To repair something you will need a tool and repair TL/skill equal or higher than half of the TL of the item.

Repairing is not so important at lower levels. The chance that something will break before you have outgrown it is very slim. At the point that it is necessary, it requires a significant amount of points spent in it and is really a tradeskiller's profession.
    Focus on your combat skills and enough recycle skill to produce ammo and medkits.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Thanks for the tip going to see where I'm going wrong with medical kits so I can longer in the field

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast