Your sarcasm is more tired and old than your jokes torg.

If it was a case of people couldn't move at the citycom/dungeon for LE players taking all of the mobs you might have a point. The problem is there isn't. So your point is moot.

You aren't even shutting the door after the horses have bolted, you're probably just asking what colour we should paint the door.

It is just this sort of narrow-mindedness which has led to the demise of Nc. Thankfully you weren't directly involved but almost certainly you have contributed.
    Last edited by William Antrim; 13-12-15 at 11:36.

Changing some of the fundamental aspects to the structure of the game may indeed bring a few players back but then what? Does it get reversed when populations are higher? If so won't that push players back out again? What should the population be at before we change it back to ensure there are still suitable numbers after some players leave? How long will it take to reach that population level? Will it have been so long that nobody will want to go back to the normal SL system because they're used to it and feel like they're being nerfed/punished? How many players might leave because of the initial change to SL?
    We all love this game, we profess it often enough on these forums alone, but each of us would like to change one or two aspects of it. Problem is, it won't be NC any more.
    Some "Crusades" have been taken up on these forums to drastically change the game and a couple of them may have resulted in a very watered down change to be made. More than a couple have ended with the initial "Crusader" being banned. My advice would be to aim for something less drastic then the remainder of the community and indeed the remaining Devs will feel more comfortable with that change.
    Before you ask, no, I don't have any ideas, but then I don't have an issue with the current system so have given it no thought.
    Finally, given that there seems to be a shortage of resources for the game, I really don't see this being given the green light any time soon.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Please don't forget why the soullight system got altered in Patch #182. There were a bunch of players which had turn Neocron into a Free-For-All Deathmatch pk'ing everyone everywhere. Consequences? None... just being afk 'for a while' until the soullight is getting fixed by the game itself.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

And now you struggle to find anyone online let alone anyone who may actually want to fight.

If these are the two extremes then there must be a middle ground.

That middle ground could be something along the lines of changing the soullight reward per mission to plus 5 for example instead of plus 1.

A minor change which mathematically makes a huge difference to the amount of missions needed to run.

Hopefully it is one which is easy to implement and supports PvP amongst neutrals without removing the needed mission grind completely.

You don't need Donald trump to fix Nc but I bet he would help.

Agreed, but let us finish the balancing first please. I really want to finish and deploy the damn huge patch. Erm btw,... I prefer the NC1 SL / Faction system btw - Now you can slap me for this ;p
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Changing some of the fundamental aspects to the structure of the game may indeed bring a few players back but then what? Does it get reversed when populations are higher? If so won't that push players back out again? What should the population be at before we change it back to ensure there are still suitable numbers after some players leave? How long will it take to reach that population level? Will it have been so long that nobody will want to go back to the normal SL system because they're used to it and feel like they're being nerfed/punished? How many players might leave because of the initial change to SL?
    We all love this game, we profess it often enough on these forums alone, but each of us would like to change one or two aspects of it. Problem is, it won't be NC any more.
    Some "Crusades" have been taken up on these forums to drastically change the game and a couple of them may have resulted in a very watered down change to be made. More than a couple have ended with the initial "Crusader" being banned. My advice would be to aim for something less drastic then the remainder of the community and indeed the remaining Devs will feel more comfortable with that change.
    Before you ask, no, I don't have any ideas, but then I don't have an issue with the current system so have given it no thought.
    Finally, given that there seems to be a shortage of resources for the game, I really don't see this being given the green light any time soon.

ummm changing fundamental aspects of the game wasn't mentioned once in the thread. i dont understand how your post fits anything were discussing. we are talking about a one time soul light reset to bring back some players, maybe even time it strategically with the patch release to bring back players who wouldnt otherwise comeback due to the boring mission grind.

edit: devs correct me if im wrong here but a soul light reset wouldn't require much resources...

SL is a fundamental aspect of the game. But are you honestly expecting people to come back for a one-time reset? If they've left because of negative SL why would they come back only to leave after a couple of days because their style of play causes them to lose SL? It'd just be demanded every month. The same happened with the double xp weekend. We got a nice boost (I think because of people test server patching) and then everyone starts whining that it should be double xp all the time.
    If it's a one off then it'll end up pissing people off even further when they can't get a reset again and again or it becomes a semi/permanent thing and there are essentially no more consequences.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by tarasm View Post
    ...we are talking about a one time soul light reset to bring back some players, maybe even time it strategically with the patch release to bring back players who wouldnt otherwise comeback due to the boring mission grind...
    Exactly this. Nothing more/less. Its a simple act to help a few who may want to come back. Like I said earlier, even if it only helped a few people that would be (percentage wise) a good boost.
    No one thinks that this is going to revive anything... its just to potentially get a few more people in game until something changes that will hopefully attract even more.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonbeck View Post
    Exactly this. Nothing more/less. Its a simple act to help a few who may want to come back. Like I said earlier, even if it only helped a few people that would be (percentage wise) a good boost.
    No one thinks that this is going to revive anything... its just to potentially get a few more people in game until something changes that will hopefully attract even more.
    x will bring back n people. Replace x with, "double xp", "triple xp", "soullight reset", "char transfer", or simply other stuff which helps lazy guys

Quote Originally Posted by tarasm
    edit: devs correct me if im wrong here but a soul light reset wouldn't require much resources...
    As you can see in your own thread it will require resources - The community's opinion about this matter is cleary divided. So if you'll get your sl fixed that easy a lot of people are getting pissed too of course - People who fixed their sl the hard way by doing those (shitty) missions.

Apart from this, resetting SL server wide isn't as easy as you may believe.
    Last edited by Zoltan; 14-12-15 at 19:28.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Apart from this, resetting SL server wide isn't as easy as you may believe.
    Just announce a time and a place, then have a GM manually reset the 20 or so players who play this game. It's been done before after events and only takes a few minutes...

Faid I see you got the point. Very well.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Just announce a time and a place, then have a GM manually reset the 20 or so players who play this game. It's been done before after events and only takes a few minutes...

the problem with this is, it can potentially miss a big group of players who infrequently visit the forums or can't make the time/date. imo needs to be server wide for max effectiveness to bring back players who quit playing. the players who are playing don't need a soul light reset

Idea for a cash shop if it ever comes: paid soul light reset

Mebbe they could put something on the launcher that says write an ingame ticket for your one time SL fix and manually do it that way. I'm just trying to save Zoltan some work here so he can focus on his balancing project, a server wide fix isn't possible, or is too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Mebbe they could put something on the launcher that says write an ingame ticket for your one time SL fix and manually do it that way.

I like it +1

Negativ SL was all time a problem to fix it,but it works if you spent enough time for it !!
    May ask ur friends to support you and u have a few nice Eventdays for free

If u dont have friends and always alone you should think about why u have so horrible negative SL and dont ask the Dev to make a reset,deal with it .

wintah

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast