Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

hi guys :wave:

how is everyone today?

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

Arrow

fine. no problem with - sl xD
    and i dont need to cry for äh 'nothing'....
    whatever
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

Quote Originally Posted by Terror_Nonne View Post
    fine. no problem with - sl xD
    and i dont need to cry for äh 'nothing'....
    whatever
    you have no problems with sl because you either dont pvp or dont play the game.

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Quote Originally Posted by tarasm View Post
    all a matter of opinion. some have a problem with it for their reasons, some dont. me personally i only pvp in zones that ill lose sL on chars i dont mind losing it on. if i loose sL on a clanned char then i run missions to get it back. the people who seem to have the most problems are the ones with a far more careless playstyle. and fewer chars to play with ect. It could be better, but it could also be worse imo.
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

Quote Originally Posted by tarasm View Post
    u know what? - l2p...
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

Well im really pleased this thread has stayed constructive. Well done everyone.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by gstyle40 View Post
    all a matter of opinion. some have a problem with it for their reasons, some dont. me personally i only pvp in zones that ill lose sL on chars i dont mind losing it on. if i loose sL on a clanned char then i run missions to get it back. the people who seem to have the most problems are the ones with a far more careless playstyle. and fewer chars to play with ect. It could be better, but it could also be worse imo.
    what the man says. voice of reason.

The point of the thread has nothing to do with old play styles and previous actions of people regarding their pvp behavior, which most people seem to be missing completely. It has everything to do with the future of this game and if you even want it to have a chance to become somewhat populated again. A one time negative soul light reset would 100% increase the population, if they do nothing about the soul light the game will definitely stay the way it currently is... DEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    The point of the thread has nothing to do with old play styles and previous actions of people regarding their pvp behavior, which most people seem to be missing completely. It has everything to do with the future of this game and if you even want it to have a chance to become somewhat populated again. A one time negative soul light reset would 100% increase the population, if they do nothing about the soul light the game will definitely stay the way it currently is... DEAD.
    Those players don't have negative SL for no reason. If you are going kill a friendly runner 1, 2 maybe 3 times in a row you don't will have a such -SL that the game becomes "unplayable" for you.

They obviously gank / grief friendly runners for some reason. I guess just for fun. We'd lost a lot runners in the past because of such griefplay.

So my question is... What keeps those people griefing another friendly runners again after a soullight reset?

PK carefully and be aware of the consequences.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Give mechanics that punish said behaviour with tangible ways to repair the damage.

It is a big vicious circle and it starts with the base mechanics.

"Runner A and B are enemy to C so when C logs on they can fight him and not lose any SL.

When Runner C is not online A and B disregard any chance of fighting him and begin to argue and fight among themselves. They lose SL.

Nobody realised that C quit because he couldnt put his le back in and was constantly being farmed by A and B but now he has gone to play World of Warcraft and hug elves and so A and B are back to fighting one another."

Soullight is good for the game but bad for the players. It is currently used to stop people fighting outside of Ops without penalties. The problem is the game population is so small that people will struggle to find a fight anywhere outside a safe zone. So if they find another runner its like woohoo guns out and game on!

If there was a higher population then more fights would occur among "enemies" and less reliance on "neutral" runners would occur.

The problem is you cant change measures to suit a small population that will make a larger one more hostile. This would further encourage open griefing the world over. The SL system should be used to stop noobs getting ganked in sewers it should not stop fights from happening elsewhere. If someone takes out their LE then they should accept the fact that they are potentially going to be shot at and even perhaps killed.

If this gives rise to griefing then other measures should be emplaced in order to prevent this. With the game's current situation and its development state I do not see a SL reset as much of a fix. It will be like putting a plaster on a gun shot wound.

However if the fundamental base mechanics were altered I think you could make a serious attempt at balancing the system.

For example - split the mechanics in half.

Soullight protects noobs from being ganked in the sewers - if they have no LE in ofc (along with the LE and its protection methods/costs to XP and money gain). So current rules apply for noobs and runners under level 30 (if this last part is feasible).

Make current guard/copbot aggro mechanic take its cue from Faction Sympathy rather than SL.

So this way if someone does begin attacking neutral or friendlies they will demolish their faction sympathy with that faction and run the risk of aggroing guards etc.

Make said guards/copbots instakill just like they should be (apologies if they are currently - havent played in a while).

Add a good quality system of repairing faction sympathy/soullight and make it financially viable and potentially risky but rewarding.

So for example - a quick easy fix of sympathy might involve someone having to trek around the wastelands to go to locations to complete a run of 2-3 missions for a LARGE dose of sympathy (10-20 points per completion repeatable) or give them endless missions to do in the HQ (research cubes style without the enormous cash bonus) but only give 1 sympathy per mission handed in.

These missions would both be applicable at -99 faction sympathy.

__________________________________________________________________________________

If all of that is too complicated then just add some -99 sl missions (like the res cube missions) and let people do them in the hq instead. Sure they will go around "griefing" some more but thats what this game needs. Action, pvp, a good gun fight or two. The carebears quit in 2004, the people who still play want to fight so let them. If they dont want to fight then they have the LE.

Runner A can log an alt from an opposing faction.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Yep but then you can also just have a moan there are still only ten people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Those players don't have negative SL for no reason. If you are going kill a friendly runner 1, 2 maybe 3 times in a row you don't will have a such -SL that the game becomes "unplayable" for you.

They obviously gank / grief friendly runners for some reason. I guess just for fun. We'd lost a lot runners in the past because of such griefplay.

So my question is... What keeps those people griefing another friendly runners again after a soullight reset?

I think this just about sums up the KK mentality. Good Luck...

(*I dont even have any chars with negative SL)
    Last edited by Faid; 18-01-16 at 20:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post

Quick Question I know its going off subject a little

If a player has 100 SL and is killed by a friendly running does the amount of SL he losers change from someone with say 10 SL ?

How about that soul light reset.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast