Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    The NC IP is also partially owned by the bank. It is probably entirely owned by the bank tbh and there is a bankruptcy order on the parent company. Any attempt to make a new game would also have to settle that debt to make use of any of the IP.

The current team is too small to do anything and clearly doesnt have the will beyond tweaking the current game and playing about with code under the hood and Kirk is not an entrepreneur. Anyone who blames the "investors" is clearly lacking a clue.

In short the game needs a project lead who has the will, motivation and business acumen to see it through. I havent seen that here at all. I think zoltan seems to be happy to just plod along being a code monkey and going "aw shucks, well i tried" when the server dies.

I had this conversation with him once before on these forums and lo and behold the thread got deleted.

Edit: I looked at the Kickstarter link - Who the fuck is Obi Jim Kenobi. He lost all credibility there.
    ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Neocron 3 published on kickstarter making as much money as Star Citizen would be perfect.

Why is the gaming community so wrapped up on magical sword and fairy games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Quote Originally Posted by ashley watts View Post
    Neocron 3 published on kickstarter making as much money as Star Citizen would be perfect.

yes, all those magical swords and fairies in star citizen are really annoying.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

It has been a long time since I was last on here, and I know that this post is a bit dated. But reading this did remind me of a game that is currently in development called Technolust. They had two successful kickstarter campaigns and the work that Iris is putting into the game is outstanding for a small crew.

http://irisvirtualreality.com/un-por.../technolust-2/

Quote Originally Posted by dark_reaper View Post
    It has been a long time since I was last on here, and I know that this post is a bit dated. But reading this did remind me of a game that is currently in development called Technolust. They had two successful kickstarter campaigns and the work that Iris is putting into the game is outstanding for a small crew.

http://irisvirtualreality.com/un-por.../technolust-2/
    Looks good but it seems when you go to the steam green light page there's nothing since 2014. Also appears to be just single player?

Yeah, it is a single player, but they have been constantly working on the game. Technolust is also primarily developed for VR.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley watts View Post

Because there were three games with exorbitant success in the past .... Neverwinter Nights ....first MMO concept - Fantasy setting based on stories, Ultima Online ....fantasy concept and Everquest....surprise...fantasy based.

And from this time on, any developers and fanbases see Fantasy, Fairies, Elves, Orcs, etc is the key to make the money.
    No one needs to think about something new, just take something old, give it a new look and a prolly promising name...and voila, a "new" milestone in gaming history is set.

Anyone ever played EQ2 parallel to WoW ?
    They were released with a difference of 16 days ....and both have the same gameplay, the same setting.....god damn even the bugs and errors are the same...

The only way to get a Neocron III ist not to build a Neocron III .....it is to get the guts of good old NC, sit down and make something completely new with them (on paper first), add some new mechanics and build a complete new game, with a new fresh name.

I've been in so many Scifi/Cyberpunk themed forums, communities, sites, games ....and one thing is always the same.....they are crying about an awesome scifi/cyberpunk mmo.

btw, for all those watching around and searching for new worlds....
    Project: Genom Is a "new" Star on the Scifi market and actually in early alpha stage, but it looks promising.
    http://www.pgenom.com
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...
    Time to die.

NC3 was always a pipe dream. But sometimes it's nice to dream...
    “Last of the freelance hackers and Greatest swordfighter in the world.”

It's sad to read, that the new start of NC failed due to "fake investors". :-(
    Satzzeichen absichtlich wegzulassen ist gegenüber dem Leser eine grobe Unhöflichkeit, da es das Lesen des Textes massiv erschwert.

Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arcaine View Post
    Because there were three games with exorbitant success in the past .... Neverwinter Nights ....first MMO concept - Fantasy setting based on stories, Ultima Online ....fantasy concept and Everquest....surprise...fantasy based.

And from this time on, any developers and fanbases see Fantasy, Fairies, Elves, Orcs, etc is the key to make the money.
    No one needs to think about something new, just take something old, give it a new look and a prolly promising name...and voila, a "new" milestone in gaming history is set.

Anyone ever played EQ2 parallel to WoW ?
    They were released with a difference of 16 days ....and both have the same gameplay, the same setting.....god damn even the bugs and errors are the same...

The only way to get a Neocron III ist not to build a Neocron III .....it is to get the guts of good old NC, sit down and make something completely new with them (on paper first), add some new mechanics and build a complete new game, with a new fresh name.

I've been in so many Scifi/Cyberpunk themed forums, communities, sites, games ....and one thing is always the same.....they are crying about an awesome scifi/cyberpunk mmo.

btw, for all those watching around and searching for new worlds....
    Project: Genom Is a "new" Star on the Scifi market and actually in early alpha stage, but it looks promising.
    http://www.pgenom.com
    Indeed, that's why there are so many "Zombie open world survival" games plague the gaming industry. Once someone saw DAYZ making money every single peanut wanted to start making the same type of games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Crowdfunding is the only way I ever see NC3 coming about, and I would expect it to come from virtually none of the people currently working on the game.

The only way I ever see it happening would be the full development of a tech demo, say a recreation of Plaza 2 from NC1. Aggy cellars, weapons vendors, apartments, etc. This could be done by a small team of people in say 6 months. 3-6 dedicated folks working on it in their off-time.

That would at least get people an idea of what it would be like and would show proof of concept. Once you have a proof of concept you need to shift all attention and effort to marketing. If my adventures in entrepreneurship the last few years have taught me anything, it's that the sooner you can get money coming in the better off you are, regardless of fit and finish of product. As long as the consumer understands it's a developing product they don't give two shits. They are happy with the vision in their head of what it may become.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

If you took the good parts of Elder Scrolls Online and set them into a Fallout style world you would probably get something akin to NC, the problem is I do not work for Bethesda.

It is almost 2019 anyway now.

All of the good cyberpunk took place in 2019.... maybe then we will get our wish, or just balancing will be finished.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

[QUOTE=William Antrim;2234134]If you took the good parts of Elder Scrolls Online and set them into a Fallout style world you would probably get something akin to NC, the problem is I do not work for Bethesda.

I am sorry, but I lost it reading that... There was nothing good about that game, which is why it died off within a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzon View Post
    I am sorry, but I lost it reading that... There was nothing good about that game, which is why it died off within a month or so.
    While not being something I would consider a good MMO, ESO is much better than most of the trash MMOs that have been coming out since WoW. And saying it died off within a month is ludicrous bullshit.

For all that u need ppl which have a vision and be able to create a company or have one.
    This is not a thing what you can do in your freetime,ppl need money to can life with his family or whatever they are.

NC3 is a nice dream,is a vision ofc but without the real background you will lost.

win

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast