Default Kirk has no hope for NC 3

Here are new statements from Kirk lenke regarding NC3 (in german). But what about NC2CE?
    "dears, it will probably remain a dream. We had financing on paper, but, however, investors turned out to be a joke.
    All work on the prototype, with already functioning and Unreal Mission System Tech was stopped and I doubt that it can start again, because there's just no money." (my translation)

I cant see FB at work.

Can you transcribe or just cut and paste it? Its good that you have posted it but it is pretty monumental for the community and I can see this thread either getting a load of "well thats that then" style replies or fanboi explosions.

Investors turning out to be a joke worries me the most tbh. I hope kirk has heard of crowdfunding but I really do worry if its not him thats the joke.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by facebook
    Kirk Lenke Ihr Lieben, es wird wohl ein Traum bleiben. Wir hatten quasi eine Finanzierung auf dem Papier stehen, aber die Investoren haben sich als Blender herausgestellt.
    Die Arbeiten am Prototypen, mit bereits funktionierenden Missionssystem und Unreal Tech wurden eingestellt und ich bezweifle, dass es noch einmal starten kann, denn Gelder gibt's einfach keine.
    8 Std.
    Neocron Fan Club
    Neocron Fan Club Danke für dieses ehrliche Statement.
    Sehr Schade, dass es so gekommen ist „frown“-Emoticon.
    Es war bzw. ist vom Spielerlebnis einfach das beste Game....Mehr anzeigen
    5 Std. · Bearbeitet
    Kirk Lenke
    Kirk Lenke Das macht wohl wenig Sinn, da wir bei dem Prototypen mit Placeholdern gearbeitet haben und den Schwerpunkt aufs Coding gelegt haben.
    5 Std.
    Neocron Fan Club
    Neocron Fan Club Achso, ich hatte gehofft ein bisschen Remaked Neocron zu sehen.
    5 Std.
    Kirk Lenke
    Kirk Lenke Das wäre Bestandteil des Großen Ganzen gewesen „wink“-Emoticon
    5 Std.
    Gert Lindengruen
    Gert Lindengruen 11/10, würde
    1 · 12 Std.
    Dirk Wendt
    Dirk Wendt Immer, wenn ich so etwas sehe, keimt in mir ein Hoffnungsschimmer auf.
    3 · 9 Std.
    Anil René Böhm
    Anil René Böhm Ehm wie wäre es mit crowdfunding !!! Und bitte erzählt mir nicht das das rechtlich nicht geht !! Dieses Spiel ist einfach da beste
    3 Std.
    Mario Burgard
    Mario Burgard Was wäre das klasse... Da träumt wohl auch ein Teil des Teams von etwas ganz Großen.
    9 Std.
    Jens Metzig
    Jens Metzig Sehr schöne arbeit und was NC angeht einfach immer am Ball bleiben, irgendwann ergibt sich da schon eine möglichkeit „smile“-Emoticon
    5 Std.
    Christopher Weber
    Christopher Weber Neocron ist ein Leuchtfeuer für die SIFIC MMORPGs es darf niemals sterben
    2 · 9 Std.
    Markus Bange
    Markus Bange wenns nen kickstart zu NC 3 gibt brauch ich direkt mal den link bitte „tongue“-Emoticon
    2 Std.
    Denni Extbreakz
    Denni Extbreakz Schickes Teil. Ja, NC darf niemals sterben und ohh das Spiel is ja soo toll. 2% Aktiv - wo seid ihr ?? „smile“-Emoticon
    Kirk, das sind keine tollen News „frown“-Emoticon
    6 Std.
    2 Antworten · 2 Std.
    Markus Höltgebaum
    Markus Höltgebaum Wieviel müsste den ein Investor investieren für das Projekt ?
    4 Std.
    Erich Balling
    Erich Balling Ein richtiger Duke braucht keine Power Armor... „smile“-Emoticon
    1 · 9 Std..
    raw copypaste.

Dang I can't wait for a translate of that !

If investors aren't signing in then you need to find others.

Investors aren't the issue. It must be Kirk's passion is no more for NC :-/

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

whats about kickstarter?
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    Dang I can't wait for a translate of that !

If investors aren't signing in then you need to find others.

Investors aren't the issue. It must be Kirk's passion is no more for NC :-/
    Image 2.png

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonbeck View Post
    google translate is terrible sometimes

This is not good but can't say I'm shocked. Kirk has been quiet for a while.

As for crowd funding I think that comes with its own pitfalls. Not every game that gets backed on kickstarter gets made or gets made to the standard promised. Let's be honest and look at some harsh truths, the population that play is low how many serious backers can we get? A new MMO costs millions and who here can tell me they have that stashed down their couch?

Is it any wonder that investors have bailed or have no interest?

You are essentially saying " Hey back this game which never made it as a huge commercial success before, that has a diminishing community, has to compete with other MMO's in an increasing saturated market and has ties to a name that has terrible reviews associated with it. Investment opportunity of the year!"

Truth.

Have more luck creating an entirely new I.P. We all love neocron here but it has an image problem and some serious baggage. We are stuck at an impasse. Can't get a new neocron and current neocron is practically retro, yet we still get these modern hipsters to play it
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    google translate is terrible sometimes
    It is terrible, who ever translated mine (probably google too) said the investors "have a blender" rather than "have emerged as blender".

It was pretty bad in this case. I speak no German but travel to DE and CH often from the US and it usually gets me by. I just hate when I go to a restaurant and no one speaks English and I have no cellular service! I just point at something and its always good.

I mostly posted the screenshot for the pics for William

We can always hope one of us hits the big lottery... I know if I did, I would look into resurrecting NC.

Indie developers make games on shoestring budgets all the time. If you just changed the name of the game and kept the core mechanics you'd be fine.

Like that pile of shite exile online tried to do.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Indie developers make games on shoestring budgets all the time. If you just changed the name of the game and kept the core mechanics you'd be fine.

Like that pile of shite exile online tried to do.
    Very true but Neocron is something quite ambitious if your an indie developer. This isn't your rougelike 32-bit game backed on Kickstarter.

To make neocron 3, or at least a fully fleshed out version that can be a profitable project, you need a studio. You need a host of coders, animators, designers and testers, plus any other thing I've left out. Then you need a lot of time to develop it while making sure everyone gets paid and development is on track.

Then you need to find a way to keep it going. Microtransactions out the arse will do. That's what everyone else will do so you have to compete. Subscriptions wont cut it when you've got loads of free MMO's out there, so you get a cash shop going but you also need to draw in a new crowd.

Advertising out the arse and you will need to pander to your new audience so you will have to change aspects of the game to suit them.

My point is that the neocron we know and love is from a different age. A new Neocron...well get those COD kiddies and microtransactions and that is Neocron 3.
    Last edited by Hell-demon; 10-12-15 at 23:21.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

fuck no, dont say that hell-demon, we dont need that korean style microtransactions shit!!

say no to cash shops!

But realistically how would Neocron make it's money? Even Eve online now sells cosmetic skins for ships and cosmetic items for players and that still has the subscription model.

It's just a sign of the times. MMO's need cash shops. A new neocron would have one. What kind of cash shop is the crucial part.

Pay 2 win?

Or pay for conveniance and cosmetics?

The latter is better.

While there is tons of "Free MMO's" out there, non of them are cyberpunk. This game may never appeal to more than a few thousand (more for than enough to keep the game feeling populated) it all comes down to how big money they want to make. I feel a niche crowd would happily pay a subscription to play an updated Neocron. So if they charged £8.99 for say 5000 people then your pulling in around 500k a year.

The main issue seems the initial investment to get the game up to scratch and advertisement. Hard to estimate that though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast