Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

Arrow

yeah, currently is rly empty... resser/conster/poker.. this is a problem.
    not where i can get help...
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

Quote Originally Posted by Terror_Nonne View Post
    yeah, currently is rly empty... resser/conster/poker.. this is a problem.
    not where i can get help...
    How long has this game been free to play in its current state? I'd like to try it but would hate to be alone....For a first timer is it an interesting cyberpunk mmo? Do you think the game will continue and not get its plug pulled if I enjoy it heh

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

still best mmorpg in the world...
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

Quote Originally Posted by Terror_Nonne View Post
    still best mmorpg in the world...
    This!
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

You can ask game mechanics questions on the forum and most will be answered rather deftly. There are lots of guides to help with general flavour and overview stuff. Plenty of people lurk without posting.

If you have specific questions about services etc in the game now (ie you need a constructor/other tradeskill) then you can only spam the help channel and wait i am afraid.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    You can ask game mechanics questions on the forum and most will be answered rather deftly. There are lots of guides to help with general flavour and overview stuff. Plenty of people lurk without posting.

If you have specific questions about services etc in the game now (ie you need a constructor/other tradeskill) then you can only spam the help channel and wait i am afraid.
    Well I took the plunge and downloaded the game. I've only ran the tutorial twice to get a feel of the game and a quick look at the starter area. Firstly the music draws you in...secondly the interface and mechanics issue definitely retro. Corpse run to get your backpack back...really? Weapons deteriorate in seconds? Graphically as long as a game to me has atmosphere I can forgive that aspect but anyone who has played an mmo in the last few years will find certain things such as being out of ammo, weapons broke and a corpse run very alien to them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvibe View Post
    Well I took the plunge and downloaded the game. I've only ran the tutorial twice to get a feel of the game and a quick look at the starter area. Firstly the music draws you in...secondly the interface and mechanics issue definitely retro. Corpse run to get your backpack back...really? Weapons deteriorate in seconds? Graphically as long as a game to me has atmosphere I can forgive that aspect but anyone who has played an mmo in the last few years will find certain things such as being out of ammo, weapons broke and a corpse run very alien to them now.
    at least. the tutorial doesnt teach you a lot. you may want to skip the "starter area" (MC5) and head for the Genreplicator (Transmitter/Teleporter) to jump to your starter apartment. head out and find a sewer level 1 to kill some rats and spiders or talk to the bald guy in front of your app. the corpse run thingy isnt ingame anymore (for a long time), just the notice stayed with us. weapon deteriorating isnt a real problem as its pretty slow, and you soon will level up and want bigger guns. buy those from other players or buy the low-quality version from a vendor, have it blueprinted by a (player) researcher and rebuilt by a (player) constructor. NC is relying heavily on social play, maybe more than some other MMOs. if in doubt ask on ingame help channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    at least. the tutorial doesnt teach you a lot. you may want to skip the "starter area" (MC5) and head for the Genreplicator (Transmitter/Teleporter) to jump to your starter apartment. head out and find a sewer level 1 to kill some rats and spiders or talk to the bald guy in front of your app. the corpse run thingy isnt ingame anymore (for a long time), just the notice stayed with us. weapon deteriorating isnt a real problem as its pretty slow, and you soon will level up and want bigger guns. buy those from other players or buy the low-quality version from a vendor, have it blueprinted by a (player) researcher and rebuilt by a (player) constructor. NC is relying heavily on social play, maybe more than some other MMOs. if in doubt ask on ingame help channel.
    Thank you very much Torg for the info. Does everyone enter the same starter area or is that decided by faction...I think I read it is somewhere? How important is stat allocation in character creation? I have decided on a assasin spy class. I'll probably run the starter area a few times to get the feel of things...oh another thing can I resize ui interfaces as the font is a tad small?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12