Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Questions about Neocron

Ive been considering trying Neocron and have a few questions that hopefully will make my mind up and prey some players will do their best to answer for me...
    Character customisation...how much can you customise your characters appearance?
    Can you run the game in 1920 x 1080...I read some textures have or are being upgraded?
    Does it have enough quests to help you level?

In my ideal world I'd love an atmospheric mmo with plenty of quests. Graphics don't have to be cutting edge...as long as my character looks cool and I can soak up atmospheric visuals and ambient sounds

Ta

Neocron ist not an MMO with a lot of interesting quests. It is more a sandbox, where the primal target is: Get rich and equip your charakter with the best gear to do PVP or found a prospering business to support a clan that fights for world-domination...Character Customisation is possible but comparable poor, but the atmosphere and the lore of the game is very good. 1920x1080 is possible.

Hey Nuvibe,

Like said Bruder, Neocron is very atmospheric, through the music, sounds, environments, the lore, etc.
    There are few quests, and those are mostly "epics" which are chain-quests given by each faction, telling a story which help you better understand the game and offer substantial rewards.
    What will drive you throughout the game won't be quests though, but your own curiosity and the fact you'll need to learn the game mechanics in order to expand your wealth.

But all in all, it's quite simple: Kill mobs to make some cash, buy weapons, kill bigger monsters to level up your attributes, then get yourself some good weapons built by player crafters. As you meet player crafters, they will explain you the deep and interesting crafting machenics, which you will maybe end up trying yourself.

Back in the days, in 2001, they used to call the game genre more of a Virtual Reality than a MMO. So just let yourself discover the huge world and make sure you always ask players for help. Chat is found by pressing (F1) then selecting a channel such as local, direct or other:help.

Have fun !

Thanks for the info guys. It sounds right up my street. I get the epic quest idea seems similar to daoc in which quests weren't prevalent but had a epic quest class specific. For a game with a small community it seems to have made a lasting impression on its players

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

there is a reason its name is Neocrack.

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya View Post
    there is a reason its name is Neocrack.
    but there is nothing wrong in it, to become infected of neocrack.
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

I have always Loved Neocron since first playing it.

Neocron is a rare experience that you will never find again. There are hardly anyone playing it ATM and this will only make you sad that this game is such a waste

You'll then compare every game you play to the experiences you have had in neocron which will only make you sad.

They need to remake it in an engine that works.
    Saturn
    APU - The Warbots Testis
    MC Tank - cant remember :P
    PE - Massacre**
    SPY - Keith Chegwin

Quote Originally Posted by Bonse View Post
    Neocron is a rare experience that you will never find again. There are hardly anyone playing it ATM and this will only make you sad that this game is such a waste

You'll then compare every game you play to the experiences you have had in neocron which will only make you sad.

They need to remake it in an engine that works.
    Do you still play Bonse...as we're both from the UK heh. I'm so tempted to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvibe View Post
    Do you still play Bonse...as we're both from the UK heh. I'm so tempted to try it.
    Nah no one really plays, we all went back when it went free but it became full of cheaters so we all left (again).
    Saturn
    APU - The Warbots Testis
    PE - Massacre**
    SPY - Keith Chegwin

Quote Originally Posted by Bonse View Post
    Nah no one really plays, we all went back when it went free but it became full of cheaters so we all left (again).
    Seeing that your checking out this thread (I hope heh) could you tell me if this game would cure my craving for a cyberpunk kick? I'd like to know if controls are pretty much standard mmo style....you know...hold down RMB to steer wasd etc for movement?

Seeing that your checking out this thread (I hope heh) could you tell me if this game would cure my craving for a cyberpunk kick? I'd like to know if controls are pretty much standard mmo style....you know...hold down RMB to steer wasd etc for movement?
    its third person shooter, no "abilities" only skills in the sense of weapons
    Saturn
    APU - The Warbots Testis
    PE - Massacre**
    SPY - Keith Chegwin

fps-controls. lots of hacking (read: stealing things). and there's a hacknet ingame. for hackers, you know. i think it doesn't get any closer to Deus Ex or Fallout, in an MMO, than Neocron. Go try it.

One thing that worries me is the population size. Seems a few people post here but don't actually play anymore . Who will my answer my millions of questions ingame heh! You still play Torg?

I still Play regularly, and have for years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast