Thread: US Server

Default US Server

Maybe add a US server?

Why? We have roughly under 100 people playing on Titan on peak times. You want to divide that number further?

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Maybe add a US server?
    I can understand the Problem with the main language becoming german.

Maybe some kind of friendly reminder when you log in to try and keep chat in english in the public channels.

It would make neocron way more attractive for new not-german-speaking members.

Although. Maybe NST should also start to do some advertisments? To get new blood?

Do you have in mind that there are also German players that can't speak english? What should they do? Please don't say "go to evening school and learn english".

Of course English is the no. 1 international language but you can't force people to speak English

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

learn german. xD
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

Lol. This is stupid. You have too have an american server if you want to have a better chance at a real population.
    You have to speak English also....arguing about success with NC is useless. The german devs are so fkn dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by AristaBarret View Post
    Lol. This is stupid. You have too have an american server if you want to have a better chance at a real population.
    You have to speak English also....arguing about success with NC is useless. The german devs are so fkn dumb.
    You're so damn right. Every single word from you is just an eye opener to us and we're glad to have you around here... again.

As you already said the german devs are really fkn dumb. Whats their problem to set up an another server?
    At least you're back to step in as a hero of our us player community and sponsor of our new us server.

Let the dumb german devs do some calculations about the bills for you - nothing to worry about... hardware, software, licences, traffic, bandwith, subscriptions and setup fees. It's so easy to have an us server! Any suggestions for the server name? "AristaBarret's world" maybe?

Z
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

Arrow

pwnd.
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

lel... thats unprofessional zoltan, don t get mad at the trolls.

Idk anything about the server/backend-sw architecture, but i guess it wouldn't be possible to have some kind of server for partial functionality in the us?

Thinking of that, it would be interesting to know how much of the server-sw is code from KK or if you completely rewrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    lel... thats unprofessional zoltan, don t get mad at the trolls.

Idk anything about the server/backend-sw architecture, but i guess it wouldn't be possible to have some kind of server for partial functionality in the us?

Thinking of that, it would be interesting to know how much of the server-sw is code from KK or if you completely rewrote it.
    Unprofessional? Yes, but you'll reach a point you're getting tired of such posts or ppl and I am not a machine at all I had considered that US Server Project several times, but in the end I have to realize its not possible. We're lacking of resources - both human and material. It's a waste of time and resources to setup an us server for just 1-10 ppl - You have no clue how hard it is to write such words ;/
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

I was the only one on Titan for about 4 hours one evening before Christmas. I am glad more ppl are playing now since the patch and S.A.N.T.A. B.O.T. I think any thing that is done is awesome of you guys to bring in new and old players. Hats off to Zoltan and the rest of the NST team. It isn't easy to be a unpaid worker and have ppl not appreciate what is done to keep the game alive.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsiMoth View Post
    I was the only one on Titan for about 4 hours one evening before Christmas. I am glad more ppl are playing now since the patch and S.A.N.T.A. B.O.T. I think any thing that is done is awesome of you guys to bring in new and old players. Hats off to Zoltan and the rest of the NST team. It isn't easy to be a unpaid worker and have ppl not appreciate what is done to keep the game alive.
    It's nice to be appreciated from time to time. Unfortunately most of the work that goes on is behind the scenes, or in the less than stable state. I don't blame Zoltan for being irritable, I've only heard a bit of what goes on, and I'd be pretty irate myself.

I do wish I took more time to help though.