Default Long Overdue! Fix XP gains for some classes

Hey

Please adjust the values so all things can actually be properly maxed.

For example:

Give Tank a 5% Gain to Constitution (5% from Strength XP)
    Give Monks a 1.5% Gain to Strength (1.5% from PSI XP)
    Give Monks a 2.5% Gain to Dexterity (2.5% from PSI XP)

Thanks

Odi

Not sure about the numbers you propose, but I agree x1000 with the general sentiment. It's absurd that monks gain NO dex/str from normal leveling. It's also absurd that tanks and monks can be woc 3 without capping con/int.

Maybe also allow PPU to gain some PSI exp when shielding/healing self/others?

I remember trying a monk and completely giving up at level ~4 because my dex and str weren't leveling at all, I think I'd made a thread about it. I could level it with missions, but any class can do that. I think all I was trying to do was punch spiders until I got to level 4 str and dex so I could use basic armor. I spent like 20 minutes punching spiders and I received 0 overall xp for those 20 minutes and dozens of enemies killed, aside from a very small amount of CON xp from being hit sometimes.

In my opinion this would be ideal:
    1.) Leveling your main stat the primary way slowly levels your other skills on a ratio based on what those other skills max level are. So like as a monk, when you're dealing damage with spells, most of that XP should go to PSI, but a small portion of it should also automatically go to those secondary stats like Str, Dex, Con.
    2.) Additionally, doing a thing that is related to a main stat should give you some fair amount of experience in that main stat, regardless of what class you are. So a monk using a Dex melee weapon should level Dex, and a tank using an Int based implant tool should level Int.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    Maybe also allow PPU to gain some PSI exp when shielding/healing self/others?
    Would be abused, not a fan of it.

In generall: This issue should be adressed with priority 1!

Regards

Odi

I agree with this thread +1

I'd also like to bring up team XP. I have found that even with identical teammates (same rank, weapon, class), I get more XP solo than in a team. PEs being able to cap everything while in a team is nice, but I still find teaming discouraging; I usually have to team anyway to make watching team health/location easier and to prevent accidental friendly-fire soullight loss.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

In the early days, PPUs did get xp from healing spells (as it's negative 'damage' done to a target).

Cue PPUs macroing heal sanctums in P1.

I've been digging around, but it seems XP is a coding issue from what I can tell, at least when it comes to team stuff.

I may, may be able to do something about dex XP for APUs. This will need to be discussed internally though.
    Last edited by Bragi; 17-03-16 at 21:11.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    In the early days, PPUs did get xp from healing spells (as it's negative 'damage' done to a target).

I've been digging around, but it seems XP is a coding issue from what I can tell, at least when it comes to team stuff.

I may, may be able to do something about dex XP for APUs. This will need to be discussed internally though.
    Thank you Bragi!

If you find a solution, maybe think about aplying it to other things as well (Monk INT, Tank CON)

This sounds promising, though I'd like to note that the issue affects monk str as well as dex. I'm a little confused about the team XP "coding issue"; do you guys not have the source code? There has to be a team XP calculation function somewhere that could be edited.

Quote Originally Posted by onero S View Post
    This sounds promising, though I'd like to note that the issue affects monk str as well as dex. I'm a little confused about the team XP "coding issue"; do you guys not have the source code? There has to be a team XP calculation function somewhere that could be edited.
    What I mean is that it's a hard-coded feature buried somewhere in the spaghetti that is our inheritance from KK.

I am not a coder and our only game-mechanic experienced coder is Zoltan. He's got more pressing matters at the moment and when he does come to this part, he'd probably have to untangle it all first before making any client-visible changes.

Which is pretty much what we have to deal with with much of the ideas and suggestions you guys come up with - we can't just edit a .def file.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

What I mean is that it's a hard-coded feature buried somewhere in the spaghetti that is our inheritance from KK.

I am not a coder and our only game-mechanic experienced coder is Zoltan. He's got more pressing matters at the moment and when he does come to this part, he'd probably have to untangle it all first before making any client-visible changes.

Which is pretty much what we have to deal with with much of the ideas and suggestions you guys come up with - we can't just edit a .def file.
    I totally understand; I can only imagine how bad the code is. I don't know what the status on sharing source code is, I would be happy to take a look and see if I can find things for you (I can give you qualifications over pm if you like; but I have plenty of experience). I honestly can't imagine that something like the XP calculation functions will be that hard to find, regardless of how ugly the code is. I don't have enough time to volunteer for the dev team, but I would happily look at source code and help by commenting portions of it and highlighting bugs I find. I can't imagine having a single programmer trying to do all of what you guys are attempting.

I would also gladly help out.

As a sysadmin I just have some basic knowledge of C, C++ and C# though.

But I'm a fast learner ;-)!

Try to disable or reduce healing experience gain in Safezones
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...
    Time to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcaine View Post
    Try to disable or reduce healing experience gain in Safezones

Then People Abuse on OZ4

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    Then People Abuse on OZ4
    Ideally what would happen is while someone is healed, the PPU would generate xp as a percent (for instance 50) of the xp earned by the person being healed.

For example:

Suppose you have a three person team, an APU, a tank, and a PPU. The APU and Tank are aoeing and let's suppose the apu is generating 1.1 units of xp while the tank is generating 0.9 units of xp. If both are healed, the PPU would generate an additional unit of XP.

The math on this is fairly simple then, with groups of more than 2 dmg dealers, PPUs would actually generate additional (bonus) xp, this encouraging teaming.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast