Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Can we somehow fit MJS into that equation for old times?
    nope.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

I guess that would mean dividing by zero or something...i
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Fellow runners, i'm pretty sure everyone understands the difference between a "wipe" and a "new server", don't we? Back in ye olde days (tm) there were up to 4 servers open at once. So why not start a fresh, new, second server once NC ever goes to steam - or gets patched according to the plans we heard of, some time in 2016? I believe new players would welcome a world where everyone starts with nothing (but maybe some prior experience). And i believe Titan should stay open, so that veterans could bravely fight at OPs and in plaza 2 like they were doing for many years. Or try the new server. In that case i'd be happy to get a new life in Neocron, and i'd be happy to pay to the tune of 1 € (0,71 GBP, 1,07 USD) per month and character slot.

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

ARGH - not again, this new server-shit story...
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    So People don't care about the game once they play endgame?
    Not quite. Neocron, being a MMO, doesn't stop you from playing the game after you cappped your char's exp. Unlike a typical solo-RPG. So you'd work your way up to full cap through all means this game has to offer, but once you reached cap, you're not reading a farewell mesage like GAME OVER or YOU'VE WON or THE END, but are allowed to play on for years, typically PvPing in your leisure time. That's what i was talking about: "game" vs "endgame".

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

guess what guys, none of this is going to happen....

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    Not quite. Neocron, being a MMO, doesn't stop you from playing the game after you cappped your char's exp. Unlike a typical solo-RPG. So you'd work your way up to full cap through all means this game has to offer, but once you reached cap, you're not reading a farewell mesage like GAME OVER or YOU'VE WON or THE END, but are allowed to play on for years, typically PvPing in your leisure time. That's what i was talking about: "game" vs "endgame".

So people don't care about leveling after reaching Cap?

uh.....

I don't even...

Yes, Odi, You can either play the game, or try to level up as fast as possible in order to cap out and then play a weaker form of Counter Strike.

Other MMOs try to adress this problem by adding new high-level content, extending exp cap, adding skills, adventures, missions to keep people playing. Unfortunately Neocron isnt backed by a rich and successful development studio, so we're not enjoying a constant flow of new ingame-content.

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya View Post
    guess what guys, none of this is going to happen....
    i'm not sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    Yes, Odi, You can either play the game, or try to level up as fast as possible in order to cap out and then play a weaker form of Counter Strike.

Other MMOs try to adress this problem by adding new high-level content, extending exp cap, adding skills, adventures, missions to keep people playing. Unfortunately Neocron isnt backed by a rich and successful development studio, so we're not enjoying a constant flow of new ingame-content.
    No it's not a weaker form of CS.

It's a mmofps.

Other MMO's also have massive problems because of new additions. Ever heard of Content Creep?

Time and effort should have lasting value. Not be invalidated every year by a new addon.

Also you're always free to create your own content (Events).

Your solution to lacking endgame content is:

Force everbody to level again.

That doesn't even address the core problem you describe yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    Your solution to lacking endgame content is: Force everbody to level again.
    Runner, please. What i'm saying is: If NC will ever go on Steam, or at least enjoy that mega-overhaul our favourite Devs are hinting at frequently, i would love seeing both Titan kept alive and being offered an additional, new server for everyone wanting to start from scratch. That would be awesome.

Me thinks somebody is trolling you, Torg
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by drachenpaladin View Post
    me thinks somebody is trolling you, torg
    why u ruin mah fun?!?!

As a returning NC1 Closed beta player, the question to reset or not to reset is a no brainer.... If your going to start a new server for Steam start out fresh, everyone on equal footing it does not take long to level up from zero. Yes it's a pain but you will have something more at your disposal other than weapons, skills and such... You will have your knowledge of the game that new players won't have.

Redburn

Sorry couldn't remember my old password to use my old forum name..

I would be for anything that would bring people to the game. It is easy to level and get items in this game. Wipe away.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast