Default WoC Xp, let's balance it

Hello Citizens,

Today I'd like to bring up the topic of "WoC Xp is not currently balanced".

Why do I mean that ? Currently we can see that some classes have clear issues getting to it:

- The Spy and PE have major issues getting it done with their pistol/rifle gameplay.
    - The PE cap his DEX at 25M xp and then need to reach 260M xp for WoC1. This is about 1.057hours of firemob hunting !!
    - Droning is the only productive way to reach WoC as PE and Spy. Which can only confirm there is a flaw in the design.
    - Currently you can cap all class by playing their combat roles. Yes you can cap a Spy/PE with weapons. The WoC insane xp requirement is what makes single target damage unproductive.

Proposing to:

- Lower WOC 1 Cap Value to 200M for Spy/GenT/PSI
    - Lower WOC 1 Cap Value to 100M for PE

- Remove WOC 2, 3, 4, 5. Because they are useless execpt for WOC PA Gold which is not in the game.
    - Remove attributes related WOC and simply call it "WOC" instead of "WOC STR", it adds confusion for new players because other WoC Attributes are of no use.

On a side note:

- A lot of friends which I brought to NC stopped playing because of the insane farming required.
    First they attempted to get xp with their SPY and PE, after days they realized they would never get WoC, so they moved to droning, even tho they don't like it and it burns eyes. Mid-way through the process after farming for dozens of hours they gave up and changed game.
    - We have to realize that not only the vets can make the game survive, we have to make NC appealing for the new players to.
    - I capped myself over 6 spy and 2 PE with droning over the last years and due to this I lost -1 and -2 for left/right eye view performance.

Thanks for reading and please be aware that those changes will not altere the essence of NC. It will just make WoC Less of a PAIN and more of fun.

ps: can you change title to "WoC Xp, let's balance it" instead ? Will appear less salty, thanks
    Last edited by Fremen; 08-09-15 at 13:26. Reason: title

yes, WOC is a pain. but once you play long enough, your char will have the exp needed. and the money, too. imho Neocron isnt made to get to cap asap and start complaining about missing PvP opportunities from that very moment. i "wocced" several chars in different classes, but well....

I am actually working on a few more 'Your input on...' threads about WoC, which hopefully will pop up today or tomorrow.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    (...)
    - Droning is the only productive way to reach WoC as PE and Spy. Which can only confirm there is a flaw in the design.
    (...)
    Nope? A Spy can reach WoC easily with rifle combat (or trading skills, like ressearch and constructing) - I did.
    PE is hard, yes.

Btw. WoC isn't a gift, it's a challenge!
    By farming Warbots, Firemobs - or what ever - you gain a lot of XP and Money. You will need both for WoC.

My only wish for WoC: More WoC related Items.
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Huzzah!

Also....

By Jove!
    Last edited by Bragi; 08-09-15 at 20:24.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Ein Drom, zwei Drom, Drei Drom Terror_Nonne's Avatar
    Crahn Sect HQ || Dome of York || Wastelands || Hacknet || behind u ;>

biggest shit in neocron. - delete woc.
    Wir leben in einem System, in dem man entweder Rad sein muß oder unter die Räder gerät.
    Kein Sieger glaubt an den Zufall. || Den Stil verbessern, das heißt den Gedanken verbessern.
    Das Leben ist wert, gelebt zu werden, sagt die Kunst, die schönste Verführerin;
    das Leben ist wert, erkannt zu werden, sagt die Wissenschaft.
    Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), dt. Philosoph

Quote Originally Posted by LeoPump View Post
    Nope? A Spy can reach WoC easily with rifle combat (or trading skills, like ressearch and constructing) - I did.
    I know a guy who WoCed his tank as Melee... I never said it's impossible I said it's a pain, it's not fun and there are better ways to make WoC a fun adventure instead of a korean farm fest.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoPump View Post
    Btw. WoC isn't a gift, it's a challenge!
    Where do you define "gift/challenge" ? Does 160M xp is not a gift/challenge too ?
    You take the current value for granted, what if the current value where 160M xp for WoC1 isntead of 260M, would you not say exactly the same ? Where do you consider the farm a challenge, and where do you see it given ?

I say that when you need to drone and use AOE in a broken area of the map el farid queen roof top, then it means the values are not properly set.

Also please explain:
    Spy dex cap = 160Mxp then WoC = 260Mxp
    PE dex cap = 25Mxp then WoC = 260Mxp

Remove the requirement for WOC to be effective in pvp. Take away the necessity.

Make it purely aesthetic.

Much simpler than this bs grind that Torg wants you to do. It also satisfies all parties. I keep saying it in every thread like this. If it wasnt needed people could choose it or choose to ignore it.

The balancing is doing this.

Its all good.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    I know a guy who WoCed his tank as Melee... I never said it's impossible I said it's a pain, it's not fun and there are better ways to make WoC a fun adventure instead of a korean farm fest.
    Thanks for the shoutout bb <3

But yeah, I posted my feedback in the long term WoC thread.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

lets remove WOC and get the game back to as close to NC1.0 as we can get, obviously without the bugs and imbalance, that will get new players to stay and bring back the oldies.

I´d lower it for PEs, not the other classes. I know it is rough for melee and pistol as well, but I have a hard time seeing how you could adjust the game just for these skillsets. But WoCing on rifle worked very well for me, usually doing hoverbots. So rifle has no issue at all really. I do agree that it is not balanced between the different classes, some are easier than other for sure, but PEs are the only ones that are a real issue, for me at least. That said, I´m generally opposed to making everything available without any extra effort, when you decrease the work you have to put into getting a thing, you decrease it´s value.

If you are advising newbies to do the maximum grind and get WoC on the first character, that´s just pointless. Most characters do perfectly well without WoC, it´s not a requirement, it´s a small extra thing for some setups. I have PEs and spies that don´t have WoC and work well in fights. I´d say getting MC5s might be more work than WoCing anything except a PE. What about capping con on a tank, that´s insanely slow.

GL with your eyes, and it´s a pity to hear that people left because they didn´t get woc. Especially since it is in no way a requirement.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

Quote Originally Posted by I See Blue View Post
    (...)

If you are advising newbies to do the maximum grind and get WoC on the first character, that´s just pointless. Most characters do perfectly well without WoC, it´s not a requirement, it´s a small extra thing for some setups. I have PEs and spies that don´t have WoC and work well in fights. I´d say getting MC5s might be more work than WoCing anything except a PE. What about capping con on a tank, that´s insanely slow.

(...), and it´s a pity to hear that people left because they didn´t get woc. Especially since it is in no way a requirement.
    Agree with you, but you know how people are, they want to max out their character. Depend on personnality but someone people have to WoC just for the sake of it. I'm not advising any noobs to WoC, they just do it by themselves because they want the shiny AK, xbow, woc PA, etc.
    At least we all agree PE need a fix. How hard can it be to lower the xp requirement ?