Thread: Artists sandbox

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Fire on legs.

Sculpting the last parts and started to create a new basemesh. Bifrost has put his hand on the Blender Phyton export script. About to see if there is a way to carry over animations from our old source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Xortag View Post
    Fire on legs.

Sculpting the last parts and started to create a new basemesh. Bifrost has put his hand on the Blender Phyton export script. About to see if there is a way to carry over animations from our old source material.
    Show me more!

Fire on legs.

Nice. I like that the detail isn't just symmetrical but looks a little different on each side.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

New base mesh for cabinets. Final version on Vedeena with the next patch.

Last edited by Xortag; 29-09-16 at 23:35.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

great work!

love to see progress

ETA on better weapons?

WTB bigger melee weapons
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Next iteration. This is the standard cabinet in furnished Viarosso apartments (Has open version too).

Textures soon.

@bmurph101: No ETA at all. If we touch them, they will all get a look. They require a bit more work, as they have the FPS version too. Some just need a new texture, some require a new model or editing of the existing one because the topology is too low.

Full size

Nice stuff.

Just because of curiosity: What does the current asset-creation-workflow look like? Do you guys just bake everything (diffuse, specularity, ambient occlusion, ...) on a single diffuse texture or do you also create different texturemaps and hold them back for (possible) future support of these features to be able to easily swap it?

Quote Originally Posted by RuNmAN View Post
    Nice stuff.

Just because of curiosity: What does the current asset-creation-workflow look like? Do you guys just bake everything (diffuse, specularity, ambient occlusion, ...) on a single diffuse texture or do you also create different texturemaps and hold them back for (possible) future support of these features to be able to easily swap it?
    The workflow depends on what you need. But it's mostly 3D Application bakes >> Texturing tools. Im using Blender to bake maps for further use in DDO. In DDO, i bend the workflow to my needs (since we have no shaders/maps) so everything is adjusted to get all the details within the diffuse output. After DDO, everything is set up in Photoshop again and get the final fakes or additional details. In a diffuse only workflow, everything stays and falls with a good AO map, that is the only map that went directly in the final diffuse. Details from gloss/metalness/spec is thn just grabbed mask based. The DDO project is stored but has to be adjusted and re-rendered, to get the proper state of the art workflow back. Others work with Substance or directly texturing within the 3D application with a few post effects in PS.

The following is the high poly (a few subdivides and hard surface support loops) to get the AO map. I create a additional height map with details by hand and convert it to a AO map that get's combined.

Fullsize
    Last edited by Xortag; 06-10-16 at 19:05.

@bmurph101: No ETA at all. If we touch them, they will all get a look. They require a bit more work, as they have the FPS version too. Some just need a new texture, some require a new model or editing of the existing one because the topology is too low.
    My heart </3

Keep up the good work regardless.

A question, if I might ask (and please don't take this as a sign of disrespect; I think I speak for all of us when we say we love what we see) but have you guys ever considered having a "contest" of sorts for new in game models? I remember when I played Darkfall they had a community contest where everyone designed their own weapons/armor and submitted them to the Dev team. They took the community favorite from each category and implemented them into the game. So in NC terms it'd be the equivalent of taking the best Pistol, Rifle, Heavy, Psi, and Melee Weapon I suppose.

Just some food for thought; might be a cool idea to bring the community out a little more.
    The Melee Pusher

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    A question, if I might ask (and please don't take this as a sign of disrespect; I think I speak for all of us when we say we love what we see) but have you guys ever considered having a "contest" of sorts for new in game models? I remember when I played Darkfall they had a community contest where everyone designed their own weapons/armor and submitted them to the Dev team. They took the community favorite from each category and implemented them into the game. So in NC terms it'd be the equivalent of taking the best Pistol, Rifle, Heavy, Psi, and Melee Weapon I suppose.

Just some food for thought; might be a cool idea to bring the community out a little more.
    We always tought about community contests, and we already did. For Weapons or Characters we would love to see community creations too, as every other game does. But, here's the but, that weapon and character stuff is a fragile construct as of the time written. There is no workflow for weapons (they involve characters and their animations too, unless you only wan't to re-texture it) yet, so i can't even give you all the details you need for the creations. We currently had and make some progress in this area. For example we got a first iteration of a new actor viewer and editing tool.

Once we established a healthy workflow to modify weapon models, there is for sure a way to make a contest for new ones.

We always tought about community contests, and we already did. For Weapons or Characters we would love to see community creations too, as every other game does. But, here's the but, that weapon and character stuff is a fragile construct as of the time written. There is no workflow for weapons (they involve characters and their animations too, unless you only wan't to re-texture it) yet, so i can't even give you all the details you need for the creations. We currently had and make some progress in this area. For example we got a first iteration of a new actor viewer and editing tool.

Once we established a healthy workflow to modify weapon models, there is for sure a way to make a contest for new ones.
    Oh man that would be dope.
    The Melee Pusher

If someone is willing to contribute to the project, i have some a few decals that would like to get a better resolution.

decal_todo.png

New decal sizes are written under each one. Scale them to the exact new dimensions to stay within the original shape.

- Gaia Signs can be painted metal, Shelter sign can be varnished metal
    - Alpha is not necessary, Vectors are not necessary
    - The format can be a layered .tiff or .psd
    - Please don't use any fonts or textures where the license prohbit commercial or derivating work
    - You grant the Necron Support Team the exclusive right to use and redistribute the textures within the project

If you have questions, you can send me an pm or reply to this thread.

We always tought about community contests, and we already did. For Weapons or Characters we would love to see community creations too, as every other game does.
    In this case I have to share my "super-mutated-sewerrat" which i did several months ago in Blender (because of fanboism), after I my bought my first graphics tablet ever. It's a highpoly dynasculpt, which - I guess- still lacks in detail. And the hardest part (retopo, texturing, rigging) is yet to come.
    rat.png

That is one evil looking rat!

Looking forward to seeing contributions to the decals Xortag listed above too.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345