Default Quick Q: 4K resolution and UI scaling?

I recently bought a 4K monitor and was wondering if UI scaling is possible in-game?

When I played at 1440p the UI was already small but at 4K it will be impossible to play without scaling.
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Damn, this place is active.

Well, I downloaded and logged in but yeah, no UI scaling which sucks. I guess I can always play at a lower resolution but it would be awesome to play at 4K resolution and simply make the UI bigger in-game.

Devs, is this something that can be done easily?
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

You tried custom UI, or at least changing the font size in one of the .ini ?

Can be something to dig a bit into ^^.

I'm afraid the archaic UI does not support scaling due to it being largely hardcoded into fixed positions and sizes. As mentioned you can increase the font sizes using fonts.ini which is a change we made some time ago, this will help you at least a little when running at 1080p+ resolutions but this will still fit within the scaled UI and the experience varies.

We do want to entirely replace the UI with a more modern implementation but doing so is yet to reach the planning phase behind other improvements we're making.

Welcome back! Hope to see you stick around, even if you're having to use peasant resolutions like the rest of us
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Everyone knows 1280 x 720 is the master race anyways.

I literally use it for every game lol
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

I, personally, prefer the 1920 x 1080 resolution (in windowed fullscreen mode ),
    I can get all UI windows at the same time on R.P.O.S mode on my 27'' screen ^^.

I hope now for great progress in LED 4k/8k video projectors to put my gaming experience on the next lvl .

I await the day they implement a borderless fullscreen mode so the game finally works with multi-monitor setups without minimizing to tray every fuckign time you tab out
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^