Their design team has taken every aspect of nc and done a "find and replace" on each word. Soullight has been changed to Karma and various other game mechanics have been just directly ported without any kind of nod to the original. Its so amateur its not even true.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Just seen this, so checked out the site. Wow, blatant rip off. The nerve of some people. Kirk needs to stomp.

Default hm

Archived page about factions... vs the very recently updated one here

Quote Originally Posted by encom View Post
    Archived page about factions... vs the very recently updated one here
    yeah, it looks like they are (still) reading the nc-forums

Just to show you, what their old factions-page looked like (before they saw this post and changed it :

Exile factions1.jpg

Exile factions2.jpg

if you're searching for "neocron" there you'll get this funny message

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: neocron.
    You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
    Last edited by Mortis; 28-07-15 at 22:45.

I see they are covering their tracks - the wayback machine no longer has their archives. However here is the Google Cache version.

However I did read it a few days ago when they had almost a word for word version of Crahn... called The Church of Grod.... The name is an insult to Crahn - and that's saying a lot as a Fallen Angels player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    'The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: neocron.'

Funnily enough the THN forums has the same issue - but I guess they do talk a lot about NC!

Signed up to their forums, asked a few questions. They deleted the account.

I got the same treatment Nikabolokov.

I asked how many people had played nc as it was a blatant rip off. Surprisingly enough they didnt reply.

Strange huh.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

former king of saturn

Honestly if someone wants to rip off NC and give us another take on it, I'd be very supportive. People have tried to buy the NC IP on several occasions, but someone continues to believe the IP has more tangible value currently than it does. There has been no revenue for years, but someone holds on to hope that the IP is going to give them a big payoff and the likelihood is that they are going to continue to suffocate it until it simply has little to no re-claimable value.

I love the game and the NST, but lack of real competition paired with the fact they volunteer means NOTHING can move quickly enough and we all look like the assholes when we're not giving the NST all the space and time that they need.

If this was a serious game project with an proper experienced dev team on it then I might be concered/hopeful about how they are blatantly ripping off Neocron but this is just a group of hobbyists amateurs,ex-neocron players no doubt, that are having fun exploring a few ideas and producing some art work. That is it, when the reality of what is actually involved with making a game like this sets in over the next 6 to 12 to 18 months it will slowly fade away. I agree with Divide though, I would love nothing more than to be wrong here, but I'll stake my reputation as a game dev of 15 years that we're going to see this project drop off the face of the earth in 6-18 months tops

1 CS clip > Fish

Quote Originally Posted by unc0nnected View Post
    If this was a serious game project with an proper experienced dev team on it then I might be concered/hopeful about how they are blatantly ripping off Neocron but this is just a group of hobbyists amateurs,ex-neocron players no doubt, that are having fun exploring a few ideas and producing some art work. That is it, when the reality of what is actually involved with making a game like this sets in over the next 6 to 12 to 18 months it will slowly fade away. I agree with Divide though, I would love nothing more than to be wrong here, but I'll stake my reputation as a game dev of 15 years that we're going to see this project drop off the face of the earth in 6-18 months tops
    The state of the website alone give you a good indication of this, looks like something that was made about 10 years ago. Looks very unprofessional, id say nothing to see here.
    HC > ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    The state of the website alone give you a good indication of this, looks like something that was made about 10 years ago. Looks very unprofessional, id say nothing to see here.
    just read the forums or the dev journal, they even want to start a kickstarter funding :-)

1 CS clip > Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
    just read the forums or the dev journal, they even want to start a kickstarter funding :-)
    Lol if i wanted to piss away my money and have nothing to show for it I'd go on a drinking session.

No way I'd be funding anything that looks that dodgy.

The combat video looks like ass
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast