Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Reminds me of Neocron

Someones attempt at a cyberpunk mmo and it reminds me heavily of Neocron but maybe that's simply the similar setting.

http://exile-online.com/index.php/gamefeatures

I was interested until I saw they will be using a tab targeting system instead of FPS.
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
    I was interested until I saw they will be using a tab targeting system instead of FPS.
    /thread

The devs played Neocron and said it inspired them to make that mmo.

Did they just do a "find and replace" with neocron terminology, or was it a straight up cut and paste job?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    The devs played Neocron and said it inspired them to make that mmo.
    Which makes it more bizarre they would go with a tab targeting system.

Which makes it more bizarre they would go with a tab targeting system.
    I assume tab targeting is easier to implement which is why almost all other MMO's go with it. It likely just removes the whole issue of clipping which has been a particular thorn in NC's side.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

But UED is free. I would hope they considered using that tbh. But then Im not a developer so I dont know the differences in requirements.

They more or less admitted to ripping you guys off for content in their forum. I made an account there because I had to ask and see if i recognised anyone. You might wanna tell Kirk just in case they are infringing on his IP at all, with it being a commercial release and all.

'The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: neocron.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    I assume tab targeting is easier to implement which is why almost all other MMO's go with it. It likely just removes the whole issue of clipping which has been a particular thorn in NC's side.
    Probably, but still lessens my hype. Oh well, I'll still check it out if it ever actually comes out.

/signed

That interface looks horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    They more or less admitted to ripping you guys off for content in their forum. I made an account there because I had to ask and see if i recognised anyone. You might wanna tell Kirk just in case they are infringing on his IP at all, with it being a commercial release and all.

No doubt the game is heavily influenced by NC but they haven't actually stolen assets or copied words and phrases like genrep, copbot and gogo. I'm no lawyer but from what I've seen of it, there doesn't seem to be anything copyright infringing.

I've been following the game for a while and lost most of my interest when they announced the cookie cutter combat system. I'll still check it out if/when it's released, it's the closest thing to NC3 we're going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    No doubt the game is heavily influenced by NC but they haven't actually stolen assets or copied words and phrases like genrep, copbot and gogo.
    Are you sure they haven't ?

EXILE: http://exile-online.com/index.php/ga...es/66-factions / Upper Echelon
    Of course First President Alexandros, contrary to what dissidents and political agitators may try to propagate, was not a despotic, power-hungry autocrat who held the city in an iron grip. In fact, the benevolent leader of Heliopolis was a wise and learned man. Suspicions that anyone who wishes the city were run in a more democratic fashion, disappear without a trace, on the order of the President, are of course totally unfounded and do not contain even the slightest trace of truth.
    NEOCRON - http://www.neocron-game.com/factions / City Admin
    Of course President Reza, contrary to what dissidents and political agitators try to propagate, is not a despotic, power-hungry autocrat who holds the city in an iron grip. In fact, the benevolent leader of Neocron is a wise and learned man, who merely is head of the city council, which holds the true power in the city. Suspicions that the only reason for this council not being formed in free elections is because its current members are supposedly Reza's puppets, are of course totally unfounded and do not contain even the slightest trace of truth.

EXILE http://exile-online.com/index.php/ga...es/66-factions / Gigacore Real estate
    GRE is Heliopolis’s largest real estate agency. GRE owns and leases out most of the residential and commercial spaces you will see in the city of Heliopolis. The apartment you live in, the shops, the Penthouse suite of your wealthy friend - High chances are that they are all owned by GRE

NEOCRON http://www.neocron-game.com/factions / Diamond Real Estate
    Neocron's largest real estate agency. Diamond owns and leases out most of the residential and commercial spaces you will see in the city of Neocron.
    The apartment you live in, the cornershop, the ViaRosso suite of your wealthy friend - chances are that they are all owned by Diamond.

Want me to go on ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast