Default [CLOSED] The weirdest "bug".

Didn't find anything about this one, so here it goes.

I DL'd NC again yesterday after quite a few years. But when i try to run the setup, it tries to load it for about 4 minutes and after that it just kills my internet connection. Tried downloading it again for about 5 times, and running it, so i'm sure it's the set-up's fault. I have to restart my comp every time to get it working again.
    Tried it again for 2 times again today, but to no avail.

I use Win7. I did run every diagnostic tool, tried running avast. Everything seems to be OK with my computer. It's only when i try to run the setup, when my net dies.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike from Finland

First of all the Neocron setup does not do any downloading during the installation - so I'm puzzled to how the setup is an issue here for you.

Have you checked your download is ok? There are some SHA1/SHA256 and MD5 checksums on the download page. https://www.neocron-game.com/client-download

Also make sure your C drive has plenty of free space during installation - at least 10-20gigs free.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    First of all the Neocron setup does not do any downloading during the installation - so I'm puzzled to how the setup is an issue here for you.

Have you checked your download is ok? There are some SHA1/SHA256 and MD5 checksums on the download page. https://www.neocron-game.com/client-download

Also make sure your C drive has plenty of free space during installation - at least 10-20gigs free.
    Plenty of free space and everything is OK (as far as i know... ).
    The setup just wont start. And it kills just the net connection besides it not starting the installation.
    I downloaded the Setup all-in-all 7 times. Same problem every single time.

I'm no "noob" when it comes to computer stuff. But i'm neither any pro when it comes to it.

Also, i just sent my Dxdiag to a friend of mine, who promised to have a look at it (He works on programming. So he might know something...)

So far i'm quite baffled as to what the problem might be..

Quote Originally Posted by colccanen View Post
    Plenty of free space and everything is OK (as far as i know... ).
    The setup just wont start. And it kills just the net connection besides it not starting the installation.
    I downloaded the Setup all-in-all 7 times. Same problem every single time.

I'm no "noob" when it comes to computer stuff. But i'm neither any pro when it comes to it.

Also, i just sent my Dxdiag to a friend of mine, who promised to have a look at it (He works on programming. So he might know something...)

So far i'm quite baffled as to what the problem might be..

Friend didn't find any reason for it killing my net connection. So for i'll just not install it again.
    Weirdest thing i've come across in a while :/

Too bad, since i was really exited to play again.