Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    Any chance for a WoC melee weapon of some sorts? Like a 2h Devil's Grace or something?
    -> The Hurler King's Brassnuckle!
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    -> The Hurler King's Brassnuckle!
    Pls god no

Thumbs up [R# 198] T# 214 / 215 - Patchnotes

Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

• A lot of tool improvements regarding the Map compiler, Texture Packer and World Editor
    • The engine is now able to handle high quality textures - 24BIT / 32BIT instead of a max. of 16BIT 565. Worldtextures are not downscaled to 8BIT paletted textures anymore, there also 24BIT and far more than x256 (~4k support)
    • The limitation of lightmaps are also removed - they should have a more higher resolution which results in smoother lighting
    • GM's are now able to use the player version of placing things in a room

Gameplay Updates

• A lot of implant and armor changes - Bragi will go more into detail

Know issues

• Some alphas are not working anymore (e.g. tree in the wastelands) they apear just black - We're on it

There is still a problem with PSI Modules which needs to get fixed - PSI Modules can't have DoT effects like the other weapons at moment - its just hardcoded stuff.

Regarding the weapon balancing - I think we can start this in the next time, major issues where solved. This changes are getting deployed step by step.

See what the Neocron Engine is now able to render:

Last edited by Zoltan; 16-07-15 at 17:48.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post

See what the Neocron Engine is now able to render:

THE BOX!!!! THE BOX!!!!
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Keep up the good work brotato. New rendering looks great.

New Rendering looks amazing! Keep it up!
    "Ich bin fόr klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefδllt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drόber." Nein, da hieί es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hφlle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan
    A lot of implant and armor changes - Bragi will go more into detail
    The main thrust of (my part of) this patch is in the armour area.

The previous system tied armour values to TL, rather than setting the values to be appropriate to who can use a given armour piece.
    This created a number of problems:

Some armour types were partly available to some classes; Eg. the top level battle helmet is Str 41, so unmodified Spies could not use it.

Differences between levels were minimal; the bottom level duranium helmet/necklace gave +96 energy to the head, while the top level gave +116. A minimal difference in overall damage reduction.

The new armour system targets each armour piece at who will use it. There are three types of general user: regular, negative-modified and positive-modified.
    Some people many have noticed that some implants reduce Str or some similar stat while having higher bonuses. With the current armour system, this negative doesn't mean a whole lot (like many of the experimental implants), but a PE or Spy for example now would find themselves unable to use a certain armour type - the lower armour offsetting the higher than normal bonuses on the implant. These would be 'negative-modified'.
    A player using an implant to increase strength for example would be able to use a higher level of armour, but loose out on a resist implant or offence implant. These would be 'positive-modified'.

If you take a look at the requirements of the armours now, they will fall into distinct ranges, Eg.: 51-55 - negative PEs, 56-60 - regular PEs and 61-65 - positive PEs.

We next come to how much armour each class/sub-class should have.
    Currently the difference in total armour values may seem a lot, but as with the above example of duranium, the overall damage reduction difference as a result of the total armour values is not distinct enough.

As a provisional starting point, I've roughly gone for total average armour unmodified values for each location of 40 for Spies/Monks, 60 for PEs and 80 for Tanks.
    As there are six armour types, this gives us 240, 360 and 480 total armour in each location. The pure armour PAs give about half of this and there are two armour pieces per location, so we end up with a total armour amount of 60, 90 and 120 per piece.
    Eg. The Heavy Kevlar Helmet gives +10 Force/Piercing and +20 Fire/Poison, for a total of 60.

There is of course the issue of the total defence abilities of a class compared to another. If a lot of areas are fixed, tanks - with their higher hp, resists, armour and 100 main-stat cap appear to come out on top. And they do. Fixing the currently 'useless' Spy and PE Psi abilities will come along later. Monks of course intended to have the highest dmg output.

Another issue is that most primary dmg, aside from a few given weapons, is energy and piercing based. Many of the armours will have little apparent value when those two damage types have priority (I recently talked to someone with 146 energy resist - this is not a result of a balanced or varied damage/armour system).
    A follow-up patch will address this to some extent (just ironing out some issues at the moment).

Some minor points:

Not everything can or needs to be viable for PvP. Some of the options are more 'elemental' in that they provide protection more focused in one are, but the total armour bonus is equal or lower than a standard item.
    One example is the Int-based belts and mob-drop armour. Previously they are simply better than the Str ones, but now they follow an overall equal, but different proportion of armour values. Eg. the Inq 2 vest offers +20 force/piercing and +50 fire, but the titanium vest is +10/+70.

The underwear system has also been revamped.
    They have been split into two types; pre-PA items (PA slot items worn before PA is available) and high-end PvE items.
    The former (Carbonsilk, Glasfibre, FeSilicon & Argentiferous) generally focus on a type of damage, depending on what mob your are fighting against while you level. The latter are higher level items that provide above PA level values is a single area, but have large penalties.

I am also trying to implement full titan/viper armour sets, but am having to deal with some issues regarding the whole mob-drop system.

Edit:
    P.S. Who remembers the Cypher helmet?
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Default [R# 198] T# 216 - Patchnotes

Gameplay Updates

• set kill_self deactivated (Yes I am aware of the mighty drugflash)
    • Drone movement improved but needs testing

Visual Updates

• New sky textures added for "dawn"

Know issues

• Some alphas are not working anymore (e.g. tree in the wastelands) they apear just black - We're on it

There is still a problem with PSI Modules which needs to get fixed - PSI Modules can't have DoT effects like the other weapons at moment - its just hardcoded stuff.

Regarding the weapon balancing - I think we can start this in the next time, major issues where solved. This changes are getting deployed step by step.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

damn what a wall of text, but good to read what you want to get the armor system to.

keep up the work and see you on the testserver

Haha wow that rending looks good! Is that what it will look like when i log in now or?

there is a problem with the xp gain...

and i find the starter drones to weak, it should be muchier easier to play at the very beginning

ps: starting hitting something, jumping around, made con/dex/str/int gain lvls
    guess i have to use psi spells to gain the get the lvls...

wasn't there a new sync screen?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mortis; 17-07-15 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJinx View Post
    Haha wow that rending looks good! Is that what it will look like when i log in now or?
    Not yet
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Why can't I see the new rendering picture?

Can you post it again? I'd really like to see it!

Still working for me, are you connected via a work network or something similar which may be blocking the image host?
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    Who remembers the Cypher helmet?
    That takes me back

Seems like a lot of good updates.

What are your thoughts about the stats screen giving out 1 value for each resist, with a tool tip stating the armour/skill split? At the moment it's a bit confusing having the concept of 2 different resist stats each with a different scalar of effectiveness.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast