Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    I am pretty sure because I did the test on Vedeena ... unwitting. My client ran "accidentally" in the background for more than ~5 hours connected to Vedeena - No syncs, no disconnects, no crashs.

The disconnects in the past on Titan/Vedeena was caused by the netcode, yes... but also by the router / network interface which got replaced recently.

Unfortunately the issue isn't present when simply idling... The issue is most present when in PVP scenario's using very fast movement.. You can replicate the issue very easily playing on an APU monk in a few fights... What is very strange is that when you receive this Dysync issue your characters movement/actions are still live on neocron whilst on the client side everything is unresponsive.. This is still present and if you need proof I'll be happy to spend a bit of time demonstrating..

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned! View Post
    Unfortunately the issue isn't present when simply idling... The issue is most present when in PVP scenario's using very fast movement.. You can replicate the issue very easily playing on an APU monk in a few fights... What is very strange is that when you receive this Dysync issue your characters movement/actions are still live on neocron whilst on the client side everything is unresponsive.. This is still present and if you need proof I'll be happy to spend a bit of time demonstrating..
    I call trolling attempt, a bad one.

If this issue was really relevant you wouldn't be here discussing this nonsense, you'd have made a recording and just slapped it as proof into the bug report forum to begin with.

Why would anyone with this issue ASK if proof is needed, or waste time copypasting a bitching post - if not for trolling.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    I call trolling attempt, a bad one.

If this issue was really relevant you wouldn't be here discussing this nonsense, you'd have made a recording and just slapped it as proof into the bug report forum to begin with.

Why would anyone with this issue ASK if proof is needed, or waste time copypasting a bitching post - if not for trolling.

Seriously Drachen WTF?

Keep your big nose out because you are clearly clueless...

This is the biggest issue with NC right now... Take a look at server pop's now against all pop's in history of NC. Look at the decline, take note when the decline started and what may have caused it at that time...

Anyway if there is anyone left in the NC Support team that would care to address the biggest issue with the game right now please speak up.... I'm not trolling I don't have a powerful enough computer to record whilst gaming at a suitable FPS level.
    I'm happy to spend an hour fighting against one of the support team to demonstrate this as I'm confident it is still not fixed....

NC is a big part of my enjoyment in life outside the realworld and to see it in this state is simply soul destroying... especially giving the amount of work that is being focussed on less urgent issues i.e balancing...

You need to fix the walls of NC before looking at the cracks....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned! View Post
    Seriously Drachen WTF?

Keep your big nose out because you are clearly clueless...

This is the biggest issue with NC right now... Take a look at server pop's now against all pop's in history of NC. Look at the decline, take note when the decline started and what may have caused it at that time...

Anyway if there is anyone left in the NC Support team that would care to address the biggest issue with the game right now please speak up.... I'm not trolling I don't have a powerful enough computer to record whilst gaming at a suitable FPS level.
    I'm happy to spend an hour fighting against one of the support team to demonstrate this as I'm confident it is still not fixed....

NC is a big part of my enjoyment in life outside the realworld and to see it in this state is simply soul destroying... especially giving the amount of work that is being focussed on less urgent issues i.e balancing...

You need to fix the walls of NC before looking at the cracks....

Thanks
    If its such a big issue, why do you waste so much time instead of working on the Dsync proof?

<°)))o><
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Ok that's enough of the flames and trolling and get back on topic.

In regard to the de-sync issue, more information on your ISP, location, PC, OS, Router etc is needed. We know you have a de-sync issue we need to see the bigger picture to see why you are having a de-sync issue.
    Last edited by Bifrost; 24-06-15 at 17:00.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Exclamation

Thank you Bitfrost appreciate you recognise this is a big issue, it would be fantastic to get a fix.. I'm nearly at the end of my tether and can fully understand the drops in pop's if players have been having the same problems as experienced my side. Just to note I've not had any De-sync issue's in any other MMORPG or any game in that matter and doubt it's in relation to my hardware. But as you've taken the time to respond I'll take the time to answer your question;

Talk Talk
    London
    5 Year old Rig "Intel Core I5 2.63 ghz/ ATI Radeon 5770/ 16 Gb Kingston Hyper X//Seagate 750GB Momentus XT
    Windows 7
    Bullion 7800N

Cheers

Thumbs up [R# 198] T# 212 - 213 - Patchnotes

Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

• Nag screen which warns you of starting multiple client instances removed
    • Weapons: (Cosmetics) Weapons can have their own light sources now
    • GameEditor project revived again
    • Support for 1024px textures added
    • Actor scaling added
    • Map compiler improved
    • Server / Client netsocket management improved - connections should now working faster - ping should be lower
    • Kill stats tracker added - Useful for some PvP statistics - This will be available for the Public Api too

Gameplay Updates

• A first version of weapon adjustments to the new damage system - Yes, the damage is still low
    • So called "RangeWeapons" (Rocket-, Fusion-, Raygun-,... cannons) can now have a burst mode

Visual Updates

• New DoT Effects added
    • New Rezz Effect added
    • New reworked woodbox actor added
    • New reworked decals added

There is still a problem with PSI Modules which needs to get fixed - PSI Modules can't have DoT effects like the other weapons at moment - its just hardcoded stuff.

Regarding the weapon balancing - I think we can start this in the next time, major issues where solved. This changes are getting deployed step by step.
    Last edited by Zoltan; 26-06-15 at 19:13.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Finally good news again! CU on Vedeena.
    Last edited by OLD No.7 BrAnD; 26-06-15 at 19:51.

Some feedback "damage being low" is a drastic understatement. I tested with an APU (capped, using rare weapons), a tank (also capped) and a rifle spy. the APU went 0/3 against 54/54 raptors, couldn't do enough damage even with capped-damage rares. Tank with a Maeldiction, which I have plenty of experience with (that used to be my rare hunter once upon a time), no luck in chaos caves, unable to kill a single fire mob.

So I figured okay lets scale it WAY down, I took a rifle spy out, didn't cap her guns but did very well with them (also took vehicle to get myself around). I thought I would take on mobs of successively lower level until I found something I COULD kill. Using an ionic shotgun and a ronin WoC sniper.

Small spiderbots were no-go, actually killed me.

Launcher cyclops were no-go, I didn't die but couldn't kill them without pop and shoot and spending five minutes each (by that figure I estimate that my Ronin and Ionic Shotgun did less damage than a dex 32 pistol spy).

Went WAY down, was actually killed by snakes, though my health was already low.

By the time I got to fierce spiders (the yellow buggers in the sewers) it took three-four shots from a capped-quality ionic shotgun.

Started again with a newbie, unable to kill 6/6 rats successfully without several deaths, PPU support, or a lot of run and heal.

The game is pretty much untestable because I can't test drop rates, I can't test combat strategies because there's no way to actually kill mobs. I was going to try MC-5, but I couldn't get past the desert mobs to get to it, and I think we all know what the result of that will be.

Player damage needs to be multiplied by a factor of 10-20, and survivability needs an increase of at least fivefold. Spies are unable to take any hits right now, and tanks can withstand a great deal, which tells me that the issue is base resist or base damage is way out of whack.

Resillience testing:

newbie spy dies in three bites from 6/6 rat.

Capped spy in full PA and armor dies in approximately 4 volleys from small spiderbot.

capped APU, in fire-specced armor, three fire stacks from a raptor, down.

Capped tank, generic-spec armor. Stood off against fire mobs a good while with use of only healing nanites, had survival packs on standby didn't need to use them. Got bored after three minutes, went home.

Was going to hop on and do some testing but from the above post it looks like its fairly clear what needs to be done. Is there anything that can be done to help contribute?

I got synchronising every time I type "/set kill_self 1" on the test server :P

I'll test this later when I am back at home.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

I don't get a sync but I don't die. Its because of the changes some patches ago, where the server decides if you die or not. kill_self was a part of the client side damage calculations.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Any chance for a WoC melee weapon of some sorts? Like a 2h Devil's Grace or something?

Exciting times!
    Jafoole
    Neocron Support Team

»WINNER«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast