each weapon kind is supposed for special areas, aoe weapons are pretty well balanced atm.
    Aoe in chaos caves/regants/el farid does like 3-5 the dmg you can do with a single target weapon at the same time. If you try to hunt firemobs with doomy or moony its your own problem.

Holy barrel is 3x close to 30 dmg... so not that bad compared to the wave

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    Aoe in chaos caves/regants/el farid does like 3-5 the dmg you can do with a single target weapon at the same time.
    The fuck? On Vedeena? Because it sure doesn't on Titan. I tested with the smallest Raygun Cannon in El Farid and the damage on a direct hit is equal to a single-target weapon of the same TL. AoE only really becomes viable when you get the chance to clog mobs up and hit 3 or more with one shot. Damage decay makes anything else a waste of time and ammo.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

As I cannot start a new thread, I'm posting here, I just made a Pistol Spy this morning, and I'm wondering how can I reach 113 dex to use the BHG-9 pistol, with the implant being revised, it seems to be hard to use High end stuff .... I find cool some inmplant changes, but if because of the changes some stuff can't be used anymore, I think some people gonna start to cry ...

Kalonji

Edit : My bad, indeed you can reach 112 dex with a PA and 2, yes I said 2 MC5, so with a dex drug you can reach 114+ dex, but that means you need 2 mc5 or at least one and a tier3 brain imp ... a bit hard mostly nowadays, with those MC5 so hard to get ...
    Last edited by Kalonji Faya; 18-05-15 at 12:02.
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Kalonji Faya View Post
    As I cannot start a new thread, I'm posting here, I just made a Pistol Spy this morning, and I'm wondering how can I reach 113 dex to use the BHG-9 pistol, with the implant being revised, it seems to be hard to use High end stuff .... I find cool some inmplant changes, but if because of the changes some stuff can't be used anymore, I think some people gonna start to cry ...

Kalonji
    Well, once they roll out the changes you'll have to do it the old fashioned way. Go to the traders and look at the values of the different DEX implant, then do the math. TL115 is a fix star on the balancing chart I think, simply because most WoC items revolve around that number. So I doubt they simply forget about it...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Keep it going Zoltan! Refactoring the code is a good investment of effort and time because it pays for sure. Thank you for the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Previously everything was "balanced" against several values which were all above or below a percentage modifier of 1. So a change we made to something which was already 75% or 175% of its intended value would change far more aggressively (or not aggressively enough) for every change.

Depending on how many of these modifiers were in play, results differ wildly. At the moment everything on Vedeena is now working off "100%" of all modifiers so you'll see drastic changes since existing values are now wildly different. Those will be balanced going forward. Once they're balanced to "100%", future changes will behave far closer to our expectations.
    That's a very good strategy. There won't be any real progress in regard to balancing before the normalization has been done.

In layman terms: You need to clean up the place before the next party can start.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Morekai View Post
    Excuse me, but why are you implementing rather useless stuff such as this while the really important things, such as the overhauling of Implants, drugs etc are entirely neglected? Bragi had opened threads for those topics, but I have yet to see feedback for the detailed list for reworking the implants for example.

As far as i am concerned this speaks of a strange choice of priorities.
    You cannot change the big things that fast. It takes time. Especially with a small team.

That's why it's cool to change smaller features like the healthbar. There is progress, and there is fun in that.

Regards

Graphenic Nano-coat v F-24: +6 DEX
    Synaptic Accelerator: +5 DEX, +15 HCK/WEP
    Targeting Computer 3: +2 DEX, +15 RC/PC, +10 WEP
    DEX 113.

Still leaves two brain slots and back booster.

You could use a Dex Booster (+5 DEX) and swap the SA for something else.
    Or use two +5 DEX brain imps and a Balance Advancer 3 (+3 DEX) and either the Reinforced Spy PA or Graphenic Synth-gear v Q-24.
    Or a mix of whatever.
    Last edited by Bragi; 20-05-15 at 01:43.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Thumbs up [R# 198] T# 209-210 - Patchnotes

Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

• Damage System reworked - It's not possible to modify value from outside anymore (coding)
    • Healthbar fixed
    • Stuneffects fixed

Gameplay Updates

• The poison FX effect is now looking like a poison effect

Refactoring the Damage System was and IS a huge step forward - This is the first time we get the same values ingame like we have it in our editors and a requirement to a good balancing.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

I was leveling with rats yesterday and got owned multiple times on my 0/2 noob. I tried using a capped character by standing in front of a group of aggies and also got owned multiple times.

TL 3 heal is useless 0 tick rate.
    Crahn rejuvenation lasts 1 second with 0 tick rate.
    Generally ppu psi is useless under tl45

However these are probably things you are already aware of and I am willing to invest more time testing and reporting.

Actually there is a bug with DoTs and HoTs if fixed it already. These temporary effects are ticking with just.... 1.
    I'll create a patch in a few.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Default [R# 198] T# 211 - Patchnotes

Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

• A bug that causes just 1 damage / heal ticks was fixed
    • New FX for temporary effects added

There is still a problem with PSI Modules which needs to get fixed - PSI Modules can't have DoT effects like the other weapons at moment - its just hardcoded stuff.

Regarding the weapon balancing - I think we can start this in the next time, major issues where solved. This changes are getting deployed step by step.

Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

awesome, I will try these out tonight.

damn, with that effect other around you should also get fire dmg

reminds me of the tributes of panem

TL3 heal works and heal sanctum. However Crahn Rejuvenation = insta heal full HP in one tick.
    Maybe you already know this as its part of the hard coded stuff?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast