A few of us tested the rare beam weapons last night. They're hitting every time now. Awesome

Movement seems pretty smooth. The only 'bad' thing we noticed was someone dropping through the floor and popping up a few times in a duel. Everybody except the person falling through the floor would see it. I think that happens when you're on a hill. I know it's not a new issue but I guess it's related to netcode so I thought I'd mention it.

Also, people randomly seem to stand still for me for a second, then warp a few meters ahead. During this time, I stand stand still for others, then warp ahead slightly. I don't know if anyone else experiences this too? It's probably just because I have a relatively high ping (200+) but I also thought I'd mention it.

Didn't try any clipping though, we were out in the open.

Nice patch!

Thumbs up [R# 198] T# 206 - Patchnotes

Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

• More Netcode improvements to stabilize the movement - It should now run more smoothly

Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Let's try to get an answer, again !!!

This is slightly off topic but I don't know where else to ask.
    (tried in game but no one answers on test or retail)

How do I use the reverse loms ?

I went to neoconstruct and bought them but they do not give me any skill gain.

Do I have to level skills before they work, or something ?

Thanks for any and all help.

Edit to add: how do we implant and mod ??
    Doesn't seem to be anyone online to do any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DomeOfTerror View Post
    Let's try to get an answer, again !!!

This is slightly off topic but I don't know where else to ask.
    (tried in game but no one answers on test or retail)

How do I use the reverse loms ?

I went to neoconstruct and bought them but they do not give me any skill gain.

Do I have to level skills before they work, or something ?

Thanks for any and all help.

Edit to add: how do we implant and mod ??
    Doesn't seem to be anyone online to do any of that.
    Uh, instead of the reverse LOMs they kinda introduced the Super Hard Mission guy in the Ceres Temple.

Pokes and mods are a problem, you kinda have not much choice other than to dual log do some self-serving.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Uh, instead of the reverse LOMs they kinda introduced the Super Hard Mission guy in the Ceres Temple.

Pokes and mods are a problem, you kinda have not much choice other than to dual log do some self-serving.
    Thank you for responding.

I'm a bit confused, the reverse LOMs don't work ?

I'll try going to the temple and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by DomeOfTerror View Post
    Thank you for responding.

I'm a bit confused, the reverse LOMs don't work ?

I'll try going to the temple and see what happens.

Thanks again.
    Yes, i think they got deactivated or something. There is an altar somewhere in the Neoconstruct that ports you to the temple btw.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Yes, i think they got deactivated or something. There is an altar somewhere in the Neoconstruct that ports you to the temple btw.
    Thank you again.

With your assistance I have it all working smoothly.

Much appreciation.

Btw, you may or may not get lucky by asking for a poke in the NC IRC channel. I just checked, my poker is still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    I guess I should look over that thread again, I seem to recall a different community voice from this inquiry.
    Wait, do you mean armour types or armour pieces?

Former yes (ish), latter no.

Quote Originally Posted by solling View Post
    Also apu spells are doing very low damage at the moment , something I'm sure will be fixed.
    Error on my part. We're dealing with a bit of a mess regarding weapons at the moment, but it's on my list for the next set of weapon changes I make (along with melee).
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Snake EYE View Post
    A few of us tested the rare beam weapons last night. They're hitting every time now. Awesome

Movement seems pretty smooth. The only 'bad' thing we noticed was someone dropping through the floor and popping up a few times in a duel. Everybody except the person falling through the floor would see it. I think that happens when you're on a hill. I know it's not a new issue but I guess it's related to netcode so I thought I'd mention it.
    NC's 'up' axis is iffy to put it mildly. Aside from gliders and drones, players don't truly use it in the same sense as in other games. Z is looking at improving it.

It's probably just because I have a relatively high ping (200+) but I also thought I'd mention it.
    With that kind of latency, there is going to be packet loss issues. Distance and number of servers the data has to travel through will always be higher than people closer to the server.
    Is it consistent? Does it happen all the time, at a regular interval and/or does it increase/decrease with ping?
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Default [R# 198] T# 207-208 - Patchnotes

Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

• Code refactorings. Code refactorings. Code refactorings

Gameplay Updates

• The Damage and DoT system got reworked recently - A lot of hardcoded things were removed. Damage, DoTs and DoT Types are now on the fly configurable via "soft patches"

NOTE: All weapon damage, DoT effects and heals are now changed -significantly- from their previous values due to bugfixes to some underlying issues. Over the next few weeks these will be rebalanced.
    Last edited by Zoltan; 15-05-15 at 14:15. Reason: c0l0riz3d!
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    NC's 'up' axis is iffy to put it mildly. Aside from gliders and drones, players don't truly use it in the same sense as in other games. Z is looking at improving it.
    Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    Is it consistent? Does it happen all the time, at a regular interval and/or does it increase/decrease with ping?
    I can't say I've ever noticed a pattern to it. It can happen once every few minutes or not happen at all. It can happen in a 1v1 duel but not happen in a 15 person OPwar. I have noticed the occasional packet loss when pinging a few servers over the months, so I guess it's just that.

Thanks for the replies!

On the note of rebalancing weapons, i would like to suggest to revise the re-working (or rendering useless) of AoE-weapons that happened a while ago. Ever since that patch came out AoE weapons have nearly disappeared - and I myself also noticed that the Holy barrel of my APU dealt only 10-20 damage per tick, which is plain ridiculous.

none rare? should be at least 30 and the rare one is 200...

Nope. The first number was definitely a 2 - which is why I am making this proposal. I don't want area-weapons to be overpowered either, but they should at least remain usable. Right now I don't remember anyone who was using an area-weapon lately. This is also matched by what i have been selling: Single target weapons - plenty of em. But no area weapons whatsoever. In a nutshell we are currently having several dozens of useless items among the weapons. I mean, back before the patch area weapons like raygun cannons, missile and grenade launchers used to be somewhat of a pain to aim because the shots rarely landed where you aimed. This inaccuracy - as far as i am concerned - was a decent disadvantage to compensate for the damage they dealt.
    With the re-working of implants and armor now underway i see no reason why the damage should remain on par with a TL30 pistol. If we get some proper resist-armor we could give area weapons a purpose once again without needing to worry about opfights any more.
    I had originally intended to equip my tank with a Moon striker or Doom Beamer, but as things are right now i dropped the idea because both are plain useless. If the gimped holy barrel is any indication they would deal like 50 or so damage. In that case it would be more effective to keep my trusty old TL84 plasma gun which deals around 80 damage per hit. I'd be a lot quicker killing the mobs one by one compared to a weapon that was once supposed to quite literally nuke the enemy out of existence.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast