Quote Originally Posted by Snake EYE View Post
    However, with the current state of weapons and the run speed soft cap, I fear forcing spies and PEs to choose between high TL weapons with gimped damage output and defense, or lower TL weapons (the majority of which do abysmal damage (Libby, RoG) or rarely deal damage to moving targets (RoG, RoLH, healing light) ), it will make the PVP feel even slower and spies much weaker.
    We can independently alter many factors such as runspeed, PvP dmg and individual weapons.
    Also, Z discovered a netcode issue that we tested recently with excellent results, but it needs some refinement. This should mean beam weapons are back on the menu.
    I will be looking at weapons again in the next few days.

Also, from what I've seen of APU PAs and implants (although I haven't tried any Monk setups yet so I could be entirely wrong), it seems that with this system an APU can use all their spells with just the +psi from their underwear/PA, or with a single brain implant, leaving them unaffected by the choice of high/low TL, resulting in them probably being a bit too powerful, especially if the spy and PE's damage output and/or resists are lower.
    That's part of a general issue with monks overall in that their primary items for both PPU and APU don't reach as high as those of the other classes. Although somewhat delayed as focus has moved, there are plans to bring in higher TL spells.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Casius / lore

i think the classes are also quite balances at this time (with tanks needing a slight boost perhaps) and changing to much of the implants and as the implants look on the test server a lot of them will be worthless. While im not against changing the implants (+2,3453 dex was a stupid idea to begin with ) i do think changing them to much or making it to difficult to reach higher level dex will make classes who rely on bonusses (spy and Pe mostly) worse off. If all weapons actually functioned (see snakes post above) it would not be to bad.
    Finally PVP MUST be fast and furious fast pvp where you can move and dodge and actually be hard to aim and have a hard time aiming is part of why neocron is to fun. All the malus to agility and athletics is not a good idea , it forces everyone to use certain underwear and Pa without the malus.

Maybe a slight + of main starts to most implants will make them all worthwhile and will let classes reach higher TL weapons. (maybe +2-3 dex max on MC5s and the rest of the implants accordingly)

Also Bragi be carefull with the monk balancing. It seems to be at this time the monks are balanced Apus do good damage but are fragile as before and ppus are great as always. If we make apus even better or to hard to kill while making the other classes have less damage or less resist depending on their setup there is a chance we might get monkocron back and no one wants that.
    Last edited by solling; 10-05-15 at 18:06.

The actual availability of main-skill bonuses has increased (PEs can reach the dizzy if you try hard enough), but now there is more of a tradeoff between main-skill and sub-skill.

Check out this thread for some more in-depth explanation for what's going on.

Don't worry too much if your new setup has less total bonuses than before (which it most probably will have). Overall and individual factors can be adjusted so that the game plays as it did.
    What is really important is how the new implants work with each other rather than compared with what's on retail.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Thanks for the replies Bragi.

So it's not just a case of rolling out the imp changes and that's that, there can be some fine tuning of other stuff too.

Sweet.

In that case then, after fiddling around with monk and tank setups last night I think the new changes definitely do add a lot more variation to the setups than current retail.

If the lower TL weapons get some fine tuning and the beam weapons are back on the menu, it could be very interesting!

Also, I think the difference between tier 3 / rare / mc5 is spot on. It's nice that people can have competitive PVP setups without them and only gain a little bonus with them.

A little question about that: since mc5s are now split between main skill and sub skill (eg. Dip now giving +5 dex +15 hack or what ever it is, and CCP give ing +20 pc, +20 RC, +10 Wep, +10tc), it may mean the one we currently use could be useless in our new setups. Will we get the chance to swap them or will everyone have to go farm different ones?
    Last edited by Snake EYE; 11-05-15 at 10:11.

former king of saturn

Bragi,

Will any effort be made to adjust rifles to accommodate the fact that the only desirable ones (except SH) for a spy to use are tl113 and above given the fact that this will essentially call for a player to gimp?

Also-- any ETA on the armor changes? Will the armor changes come with a new armor resist curve? Looking forward to new stuff to learn.

Default [R# 198] T# 203 - Patchnotes

Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

• Netcode - Movement, switching weapons, any actions should now run much smoother than before

Gameplay Updates

• Weapons are "recalculated" - Please test the damage output
    • NPC Healths are "recalculated" - Don't fear the evil Rat anymore!
    • LE changed to the NC1 Version - -33% XP and -33% Money starting from BR 1

Please do me a favor and please test things like "movement" and "clipping" in pvp, also test beam weapons.
    Things that need to be tested too: All damages, resistances and armor should be equal on all classes - so please test the dmg output with the same weapons and same skills on different classes.

UPDATE: Weapons are still not doing damage as aspected - You can't recalculate 822 weapons at once (mainly because of their individiual behavior) we need to adjust them by hand and weapon by weapon.
    Last edited by Zoltan; 11-05-15 at 16:46.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Will any effort be made to adjust rifles to accommodate the fact that the only desirable ones (except SH) for a spy to use are tl113 and above given the fact that this will essentially call for a player to gimp?
    Yes.

I'm going to be running through all weapons tonight hopefully. I want to see TSU PEs, RoG Spies, etc.

Also-- any ETA on the armor changes? Will the armor changes come with a new armor resist curve? Looking forward to new stuff to learn.
    Resist curve no (afaik), different values, yes.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    Yes.

I'm going to be running through all weapons tonight hopefully. I want to see TSU PEs, RoG Spies, etc.

Resist curve no (afaik), different values, yes.

Will there be a TL review of existing items? Will the FL and Dissy be 114/115 forever?

Back to armor - ETA? Is it actually going back to a single overall balance or is it staying segmented? Are all forms of armor going to be available to all classes? Is there any way we could request that the curve be reviewed or revamped?

Casius / lore

Well after playing around with setups I have to say it looks good. Tanks got a slight buff and even if classes get a bit less over all combat skills it looks very good. I'm excited I really hope the lower til weapons get fixed / buffed miss my old pain easer / ROG pe

Will there be a TL review of existing items? Will the FL and Dissy be 114/115 forever?
    If you want I can put up a general discussion about weapon reqs.

Back to armor - ETA?
    *Glares*

Is it actually going back to a single overall balance or is it staying segmented? Are all forms of armor going to be available to all classes? Is there any way we could request that the curve be reviewed or revamped?
    Not all armour will be available to everyone in what is being worked on at the moment. It will be much more considered though, taking in to account who can use it.
    Requirements are also going to be a key part of the rework.

Also.... Duranit!
    Last edited by Bragi; 12-05-15 at 00:02.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

Thumbs up [R# 198] T# 204-205 - Patchnotes

Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

• NPC changes from softpatches are now hardpatched
    • A fix is applied which limits the FPS in fullscreen to 60/62 - Please make sure your driver is NOT overriding any settings such like VSYNC
    • The "--" bug on Implant / Armor values are fixed

Gameplay Updates

• Several Implant / Armor changes were made - Bragi will go more in detail about this
    • Weapon damage increased
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Very minor ones actually. One of the suit line's PSI bonus was double what it should be and the inventory text for an imp was wrong. Early days for more general fixing.

Also, regarding the weapon fix, it's a bit rough; I did some testing on the TL75+ weapons and found that while the rares were all over the place, the epics and non-rares seemed to be consistent. As such I matched the others too them.
    Quick testing shows that dmg is now probably too high (the TL81 Plasma Wave was doing almost double that of the Ravager, so now the Ravager is 'insane'). While it's scaling nicely, fights may be a 'little' fast paced.

I'll send a overall scaling tweak in the morning, until then, have some crazy time (and compare all weapons down to TL75 with setups to match).
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    If you want I can put up a general discussion about weapon reqs.
    That might be cool.

*Glares*
    Next patch to hit retail after this one? Two more retail patches? Don't need to know the number of hours-- just the order, I guess.

Not all armour will be available to everyone in what is being worked on at the moment. It will be much more considered though, taking in to account who can use it.
    Requirements are also going to be a key part of the rework.

Also.... Duranit!
    I guess I should look over that thread again, I seem to recall a different community voice from this inquiry.

Excited for Duranit if it comes to spies. If not, another meh.

This is slightly off topic but I don't know where else to ask.
    (tried in game but no one answers on test or retail)

How do I use the reverse loms ?

I went to neoconstruct and bought them but they do not give me any skill gain.

Do I have to level skills before they work, or something ?

Thanks for any and all help.

Edit to add: how do we implant and mod ??
    Doesn't seem to be anyone online to do any of that.
    Last edited by DomeOfTerror; 13-05-15 at 05:50.

Casius / lore

Tested the beam weapons Ray of god , rav and healing light yesterday and they are working great , damage is good but not too good. Overall damage of the rifles at least seems a bit to high same with CS. But overall I'm liking the new implants and armor. Also apu spells are doing very low damage at the moment , something I'm sure will be fixed.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast