Quote Originally Posted by Morekai View Post
    Excuse me, but why are you implementing rather useless stuff such as this while the really important things, such as the overhauling of Implants, drugs etc are entirely neglected? Bragi had opened threads for those topics, but I have yet to see feedback for the detailed list for reworking the implants for example.

As far as i am concerned this speaks of a strange choice of priorities.
    Maybe another department?
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    ????????

Laymen terms? Basically are mobs going to continue to kick my ass? Personally I don't know about everyone else but I thought the mobs were balanced. Do they really need fixing? If it aint broke then don't break it.
    Stuff was calculated depending on some numbers, NST didnt like the numbers and changed them all to 1. Outcome is what you see.

Fat Ugly Dirty Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    Stuff was calculated depending on some numbers, NST didnt like the numbers and changed them all to 1. Outcome is what you see.
    Imo, it's more like KK's way to fix stuff was not to get to the root cause, but slam weird modifiers on things so they "work" as intended.
    Sorting out the underlying formulars and code now causes weird results when they get removed.
    It's a necessary step to build a better foundation for the game.
    --/

pottburter
    aka
    Kulax, Engineer on Mars
    Tangent Mastercrafter
    Lobby #69
    ---
    „Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte.“
    (Max Liebermann, 1847-1935)

Our idea is to normalize all multiplicators known as "Stellschrauben" to 1 so they didn't affect the games balance anymore. The original intention of these external modifiers are to have different servers with different gameplay such like PvE servers and PvP servers. These modifiers became accidentially the foundation of the game after the release of Evo 2.x which is WRONG.

The next step is to update our tool chain to recalculate the whole foundation - I'll do this together with ArkHive in the next days.

We apologise for any inconvenience that we need to recalculate these things step by step. We'll deploy these changes frequently to vedeena - your feedback is highly welcome.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by LeoPump View Post
    Maybe another department?
    Indeed.

Regarding the implants and PA, watch this space! (or rather, the space this space is in )
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Thumbs up [R# 198] T# 201-202 - Patchnotes

Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

• Netcode transmission improved - there was a little issue by transmitting the correct package sizes
    • Additional information for GMs on NPCs and Players improved - The degree of detail was improved
    • An issue in the mission system was fixed

Gameplay Updates

Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Hmm.. does the fact that you linked the implant-thread mean that you have taken my detailed suggestion and implemented it for testing?
    Either way it is a good idea, because maybe we'll get a discussion there that way. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Morekai View Post
    Hmm.. does the fact that you linked the implant-thread mean that you have taken my detailed suggestion and implemented it for testing?
    Either way it is a good idea, because maybe we'll get a discussion there that way. Thank you.
    It meant that I'd patched Bragi's changes and the best way to discuss about these changes is there

Nothing is set in stone yet and far away from being finished.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

should we write our opinions on the last changes in here? or the implant threat?

Neocron 2 - Beyond Dome of York Hp bar 1.jpgNeocron 2 - Beyond Dome of York Hp bar.jpg

the % on the hitbox of npcs should behave like the healthbar of them, atm the % are below the healthbar till the fraction shows up.

Neocron 2 - Beyond Dome of York Halo.jpg

2x +rc on halo suit, xx gentank

Neocron 2 - Beyond Dome of York ppu.jpg

ppu and apus pas got a "no text"

Ack, thought I fixed that.

There's an old modifier that is supposed to increase the psi-pool, but I found out it no-longer works (if it ever did).
    I swapped it for PPW on some other items, but missed the PAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    should we write our opinions on the last changes in here? or the implant threat?
    I'm going to write up a general thread on the whole of the implant/PA rework, the other thread is about Tier 3 vs Rares and MC5s.
    Last edited by Bragi; 09-05-15 at 16:01.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

I've spent a few hours fiddling around with spy setups this morning. I haven't tried any other classes yet but from what I've seen of the implants, I imagine they will have similar issues.

With the new implants I can't get a setup that's anywhere near the damage output, speed or resists of the current retail setups.

In order to get enough dexterity to use a disruptor, with the implants, PAs and bones how they are, Rifle/Pistol combat and agility suffer.

For example, to achieve the same athletics and body health as my retail build, but with 15 less energy and xray resists (across con, imps and armour), I had to lose 20 rifle combat and 10 agility.

I'm not moaning. I'm well aware that these changes aren't finished and there's still work to do, I'm just posting my experience with them so far

Quote Originally Posted by Snake EYE View Post
    In order to get enough dexterity to use a disruptor, with the implants, PAs and bones how they are, Rifle/Pistol combat and agility suffer.

For example, to achieve the same athletics and body health as my retail build, but with 15 less energy and xray resists (across con, imps and armour), I had to lose 20 rifle combat and 10 agility.
    Hmmm, not as bad I had thought .

Although the potential bonus to a stat is higher now, implants tend to be a bit more 'elemental', providing larger, but fewer bonuses, the overall potency of implants has been reduced slightly.
    It has also been set up so that pushing for a high TL weapon (such as a dizzy) is going to have consequences elsewhere.
    I'd like a situation where more of the lower TL weapons become competitive.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    Hmmm, not as bad I had thought .

Although the potential bonus to a stat is higher now, implants tend to be a bit more 'elemental', providing larger, but fewer bonuses, the overall potency of implants has been reduced slightly.
    It has also been set up so that pushing for a high TL weapon (such as a dizzy) is going to have consequences elsewhere.
    I'd like a situation where more of the lower TL weapons become competitive.
    I think that's a great idea in principle. It would be nice to see more varied setups and players perhaps not even needing rares to compete in PVP.

However, with the current state of weapons and the run speed soft cap, I fear forcing spies and PEs to choose between high TL weapons with gimped damage output and defense, or lower TL weapons (the majority of which do abysmal damage (Libby, RoG) or rarely deal damage to moving targets (RoG, RoLH, healing light) ), it will make the PVP feel even slower and spies much weaker.

Also, from what I've seen of APU PAs and implants (although I haven't tried any Monk setups yet so I could be entirely wrong), it seems that with this system an APU can use all their spells with just the +psi from their underwear/PA, or with a single brain implant, leaving them unaffected by the choice of high/low TL, resulting in them probably being a bit too powerful, especially if the spy and PE's damage output and/or resists are lower.

On retail, things are fairly evenly balanced as they are. Tanks need a damage boost since TPC does more damage than a CS, and the weapons I mentioned above need fixed/changed, but other than that it's pretty even across the classes.

I think these change are going to throw that balance out by quite a bit.
    Last edited by Snake EYE; 10-05-15 at 16:10. Reason: Spy and PE

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast