Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    new sky box in viarosa looks really oversaturated?
    Yes, they will be toned down a bit with the next patch but at all it's not made for Viarosso. Viarosso will get the ocean back but we experience quite some problems that prevent us from having all 17 weather/sky sets up. At the moment, just 3 skymaps are used everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheuz View Post
    Maybe it would be a good idea to bring the non-Balance related stuff (e.g. Netcode improvement/NPC / Player health indicators are now showing up the remaining healthpool in percent) in a Patch „soon“ and the Balance Stuff after that?
    This is only really a question Z can answer. A lot of work has been done in many areas and I don't know how compartmentalised he has kept it. So much links with other areas.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Any chance for implementing some bump mapping? Textures look great, but very flat. Some depth could make them even more pleasant to watch. Dont forget about retexturing wastelands as well, I know that city is most important.

Appreciate the effort/time spent on trying to rebalance armour/implants/drugs... but thus far this has only resulted in negative outcomes. There is now less variation available with setups with the changes made... spent a considerable amount of time testing variation on retail/ verdeena and the results very disappointing.

Without trying to be negative, It would really be best to just scrap the planned change's in these area's and to focus efforts on weapon balancing, fixing broken textures and general bad code.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I feel time and efforts are being wasted, please switch focus to the right channel's we could be making some really positive changes to NC, rather than just causing stress to those that have a love for the PVP experience available in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    Any chance for implementing some bump mapping? Textures look great, but very flat. Some depth could make them even more pleasant to watch. Dont forget about retexturing wastelands as well, I know that city is most important.
    I've been wandering round looking for changes, but I've only noticd the skybox, mat in viarosa apps etc. That an the new signs/decals a few patches back.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    Yes, we'd wish for that too... but alas, it's all a question of time and work.
    Zoltan is currently the only one capable of working with the engine code, and apart from being on a well deserved vacation right now hes also got his hands tied with work in other areas. Like entangling the mess that are the mechanics for damage calculations etc. mentioned in the status update

BUT he already did take a look at it. And what he found wasn't promising. Afaik the underlying engine had some simple implementations of such features to support bump mapping and such. However those capabilities got severely castrated by the old developers for god knows what reason so... there is a lot of stuff to do. Again.

And hey, while we implement normal maps and dynamic shadows - why not go for Physically Based rendering as well? IIRC it runs even under DX9. If only all the assets weren't so sparse with polygons...

But until that day new meshes and higher resolution textures with baked lighting will have to suffice.
    However, we are aware!
    Falchion | Asset Dev
    Neocron Support Team

»Mmmh... naah! Lets see how it looks in red!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Thumbs up [R# 198] T# 218 - Patchnotes

Gameplay Updates

• Weapons got recalculated - TL is affecting the weapons handling at all, means: A rare weapon should work like a weapon of this kind should work - with decreasing TL the weapon should get more malusses on damage, frequency, handling and range
    • Weapon damage output on NPC are doubled

Visual Updates

• Sky textures added for "day clear" updated

Know issues

• Some alphas are not working anymore (e.g. tree in the wastelands) they apear just black - We're on it
    • Guns with piercing damage (Wyatt Earp, Pain Easer, Libra,...) don't working - I need to figure out which is causing that
    • The both CAR-47 WoC rifles should do the same damage (I haven't tested it yet) - This is not intended
    • Your weapon skill isn't affecting your damage yet

There is still a problem with PSI Modules which needs to get fixed - PSI Modules can't have DoT effects like the other weapons at moment - its just hardcoded stuff.

Regarding the weapon balancing - I think we can start this in the next time, major issues where solved. This changes are getting deployed step by step.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Awesome to hear! Just to be clear, this is only on Vedeena currently?

Edit: Still waiting on something like this

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    Awesome to hear! Just to be clear, this is only on Vedeena currently?

Edit: Still waiting on something like this
    Yes, just Vedeena =)
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Thumbs up [R# 198] T# 221 - Patchnotes

Gameplay Updates

• New "Balancing Mode" for the server added. This mode allows us to remove any effects which influences weapon damage (next line).
    • Skill + Weapon + Aim modifiers added to the damage output

Visual Updates

• Item images were fixed. The black artifacts should be gone on items.

Know issues

• Some alphas are not working anymore (e.g. tree in the wastelands) they apear just black - We're on it
    • Guns with piercing damage (Wyatt Earp, Pain Easer, Libra,...) don't working - I need to figure out which is causing that
    • The both CAR-47 WoC rifles should do the same damage (I haven't tested it yet) - This is not intended
    • Your weapon skill isn't affecting your damage yet

There is still a problem with PSI Modules which needs to get fixed - PSI Modules can't have DoT effects like the other weapons at moment - its just hardcoded stuff.

Regarding the weapon balancing - I think we can start this in the next time, major issues where solved. This changes are getting deployed step by step.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

richtig geiler patch Zoltan nur nim dich in acht vom meinem bruder (der psi modul dot frager ^^) er wird dich dafür küssen .ist es gewollt das mann auf den test server keine chars erstellen kann immer wenn ich nen char erstellen will heist es das der name shon vergeben ist obwohl ich den char extra für den namen gelöscht habe. ich freue mich auch schon auf das waffen balancing. Da muss noch was gemacht werden weil bei nen warbot titen 661 dmg mit nen Fire apoc und HL und 575 dmg mit dem frosti ist nicht normal finde ich .

Schönen tag noch wünscht Darkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeast View Post
    richtig geiler patch Zoltan nur nim dich in acht vom meinem bruder (der psi modul dot frager ^^) er wird dich dafür küssen .ist es gewollt das mann auf den test server keine chars erstellen kann immer wenn ich nen char erstellen will heist es das der name shon vergeben ist obwohl ich den char extra für den namen gelöscht habe. ich freue mich auch schon auf das waffen balancing. Da muss noch was gemacht werden weil bei nen warbot titen 661 dmg mit nen Fire apoc und HL und 575 dmg mit dem frosti ist nicht normal finde ich .

Schönen tag noch wünscht Darkeast
    Danke, nein das Balancing ist noch nicht fertig.
    Last edited by Zoltan; 28-10-15 at 23:15.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Wieso, der Schaden passt doch.

Ich verstehe sowie nicht, warum man - bei einem 13+ Jahre alten Game - den "Schwierigkeitsgrad" in Form von mehr Hitpoints anhebt. Jeder hat alles. Soll es das "Teamplay" fördern? Dazu benötigt das Game mehr Spieler. Ich denke nicht, dass ein Veteran in Neocron lust hat, mehrere Minuten auf einen Warbot/Grim/Whatever einzukloppen um evtl. an ein Part zu kommen. Im lowlvl Bereich siehts derzeit genau gleich aus. Mein frisch erstellter PE braucht mit der Anfängerrifle eine Ewigkeit um eine Crab zu killen, da diese scheinbar schier unendlich viele Hitpoints hat.

Das ganze Balancing geht derzeit eher in Richtung casual gaming. Zugern erinnere ich mich an die Zeit auf Saturn, als ich mit meinem APU - bewaffnet mit einem Energy Beam - hunderte Warbots zerlegt hab, um an ein FireApoc und HL zu kommen.

Quote Originally Posted by RuNmAN View Post
    Wieso, der Schaden passt doch.

Ich verstehe sowie nicht, warum man - bei einem 13+ Jahre alten Game - den "Schwierigkeitsgrad" in Form von mehr Hitpoints anhebt. Jeder hat alles. Soll es das "Teamplay" fördern? Dazu benötigt das Game mehr Spieler. Ich denke nicht, dass ein Veteran in Neocron lust hat, mehrere Minuten auf einen Warbot/Grim/Whatever einzukloppen um evtl. an ein Part zu kommen. Im lowlvl Bereich siehts derzeit genau gleich aus. Mein frisch erstellter PE braucht mit der Anfängerrifle eine Ewigkeit um eine Crab zu killen, da diese scheinbar schier unendlich viele Hitpoints hat.

Das ganze Balancing geht derzeit eher in Richtung casual gaming. Zugern erinnere ich mich an die Zeit auf Saturn, als ich mit meinem APU - bewaffnet mit einem Energy Beam - hunderte Warbots zerlegt hab, um an ein FireApoc und HL zu kommen.

Schwierigkeitsgrad senken?

Ich bin dagegen.

Schaut einfach das es am Schluss ungefähr gleich ist wie auf Retail.

Dann bin ich zufrieden.

I check in this forum on a regular basis, but its getting harder and harder to understand whats going on with language defaulting to german

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast