Default Installer keeps freezing at patch 192 when trying to install the game.

The Installer keeps freezing at patch 192 when trying to install the game. Is this normal? How do I fix this? Thanks.
    We're all built up with progress, but sometimes I must confess. We can deal with rockets and dreams, but this reality, what does it mean? And nothings said....

I believe you mean the game patcher - and patch 192 is unusually large that it does cause some systems to freeze for 20 seconds or more.

Give it a few minutes, and ignore Windows giving you a warning that the application has stopped responding - it will patch eventually.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    I believe you mean the game patcher - and patch 192 is unusually large that it does cause some systems to freeze for 20 seconds or more.

Give it a few minutes, and ignore Windows giving you a warning that the application has stopped responding - it will patch eventually.
    And if the download isn't fast enough for you the patches are also available at: ftp://neocron-game.com/nc2retail/

There is a new installer in internal test atm which is patched all the way to 197. It will be released once we are happy with it. This will help a little with the common freezing issue with patching 192 for new users.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

*deleted by myself*
    Last edited by Mr.Johnson; 10-04-15 at 14:02. Reason: i'm an idiot ;)

There is a new installer in internal test atm which is patched all the way to 197. It will be released once we are happy with it. This will help a little with the common freezing issue with patching 192 for new users.
    That's excellent news. Plenty of potential new players must get issues and think "Fuck it. Play something else."

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

former king of saturn

Are you guys planning to wrap in the MSVCP and MSVCR dlls from the vc redists so you don't ever have to tell anyone to download it ever again?

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Are you guys planning to wrap in the MSVCP and MSVCR dlls from the vc redists so you don't ever have to tell anyone to download it ever again?
    The VC++2013 distributable is already supplied with the current version of the installer on the website (Version 2.2.191.53) and the installer installs the distributable - unless of course you decide to untick the option.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

former king of saturn

The VC++2013 distributable is already supplied with the current version of the installer on the website (Version 2.2.191.53) and the installer installs the distributable - unless of course you decide to untick the option.

What about the patcher?

What about the patcher?
    The patcher would probably require a re-design and re-write to support installing of something like redistributables.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

The patcher would probably require a re-design and re-write to support installing of something like redistributables.
    That's true. A all new way to contribute content is very needed.

--

There is already an early version of a new content distribution system running on our internal server system.

I could write an alternative patch downloader in the meanwhile, what do you think @ community?
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

former king of saturn

I think it would help all players who haven't played in a while but still have the game installed.

I think it would help all players who haven't played in a while but still have the game installed.
    The thing is .NET 4 is needed at least as a requirement to launch this program. I'll implement a check for restributables too so we can rid of the annoying MS VC 2K13 / DX9.0c issue too.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

dont write that much zoltan... DO IT

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    dont write that much zoltan... DO IT
    Later - still have to get more healthier.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast