Default Sending version request... not getting a response

I have been trying to log in for about 12 hours now after DLing the game. I keep getting this line called Sending Version Request.

It's stuck on that line, Is there a fix or something? I did not see a tech support forum in the English section so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for help...

We're experiencing a few connectivity issues at the moment which might be related.

Once these have been resolved, then I'll give you a shout and see if we can get you up and running in game
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Thanks! I didn't know if it was a bug or something x.x

Don't forget you can always join us in IRC live chat by clicking the link in the top: IRC Chat, or here
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Now it seems that the launcher itself is mucking up. It isn't letting me pick between the two server options, or is it displaying any of the announcements I saw eariler.

Desiani,

Do you want to try again now? Servers are back up and running again now.
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    Desiani,

Do you want to try again now? Servers are back up and running again now.
    I have just tried both in Admin mode and no admin mode.

I keep having the Sending Version Request when trying to connect with Neocron Evolution 2.2 from the drop down.

former king of saturn

You could have a patching gotcha. This can happen when test patches are applied and then you attempt to connect to a retail server.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    You could have a patching gotcha. This can happen when test patches are applied and then you attempt to connect to a retail server.
    How would I fix this other then completely uninstalling and re-downloading? It took me about 12 hours to DL this D: My net is sketchy.

former king of saturn

Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to un-patch. You can test the theory by changing the drop-down box to the test server to see if you get a successful launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to un-patch. You can test the theory by changing the drop-down box to the test server to see if you get a successful launch.
    Yea. I could connect to the test server drop down just fine. I will hopefully be on in 12 hours or so D:

Quote Originally Posted by Desiani View Post
    Yea. I could connect to the test server drop down just fine. I will hopefully be on in 12 hours or so D:
    Right I think I know the problem.

If you can connect to the test server ok I'm afraid it is a case of re-install the client since the patches are all mixed up. You need to.

1) Uninstall Neocron.
    2) Remove the patches in your patches dir - as the test server patches are not compatible or suitable for the retail server.
    3) Reinstall the client.

I'll poke Zoltan hard to remove the test server option, since it is causing issues. The recommend way is to use the Installer to create a separate install for connecting to the test server rather than using the dropdown.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT