Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could Hybrids Return?

I remember when Hybrids were God's, I played this game ages ago and returned recently. Yes, hybrids were nerfed to heck even way back then, but this is the community edition!

Now, I'm not asking if they could be as they were, but would it be possible to get new power armor and implants that make it possible to play one again? They don't have to be God's again, but having them return could be very interesting. I'd definitely make one. I'd be main APU but with some basic PPU stuff.

Now, I know that most implants tend to take something away (Not all, but most), as do power armors. They don't just give incredible stats, they also take some stats away. For PPU chips it's APU, and for APU chips it's PPU points. We could have hybrid chips take something away as well, maybe the resist psi stat in psi, for defense against psi attacks? There's other options, if not that.
    Last edited by AramatOwnedYou; 22-02-15 at 07:19.

Neocron Apartment Guide

Essentially you'd need a PA that wasn't based on either APU or PPU and also didn't boost or subtract from either (in which case what is it based on & what does it boost?). Or maybe it's based on both and boosts both by a smaller amount?

Can't see it happening though, makes the NSTs balancing task more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    Essentially you'd need a PA that wasn't based on either APU or PPU and also didn't boost or subtract from either (in which case what is it based on & what does it boost?). Or maybe it's based on both and boosts both by a smaller amount?

Can't see it happening though, makes the NSTs balancing task more difficult.
    That's a possibility too, maybe the stats for APU and PPU are half of what the APU and PPU chips are of the same equivalent levels?

former king of saturn

Aramat they just took APU's out of the dogshit bin (after what I understand was like 5 years) and gave them a purpose. Good hybrid setups may possibly return but basically everyone is hoping to avoid a repeat of monk-o-cron, so it may be a while before any further changes hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Aramat they just took APU's out of the dogshit bin (after what I understand was like 5 years) and gave them a purpose. Good hybrid setups may possibly return but basically everyone is hoping to avoid a repeat of monk-o-cron, so it may be a while before any further changes hit.
    You'll need to forgive me, before returning to Neocron, my character Aramat was only APU to cap. Once I capped back then, I lommed to PPU and never looked back. So, what you need to forgive is my lack of knowledge on how APU's were in the dogshit bin.

Do you mean about how we can now get portal machine tools to heal ourselves with using nanites?

EDIT: Also, your name sounds familiar but I can't recall what faction you were in Saturn. I started out Diamond Real Estate but eventually got lured into TG for the PVP and OP wars. I should have went BD when everyone left TG for them, but I loved my faction too much.

former king of saturn

Don't sweat it. I think anyone who took a large break and came back was surprised at a number of things upon their return. I was out for 8 years so I can sympathize.

APU's were so bad for a while they were only used for leveling and laughs. RoF and Range on their spells was cut into 1/3 from when you recall and damage wasn't much to speak of. Only within the last two major retail patches did they begin to be playable again for PVP.

The nanites will be an APU's preferred way to heal, until there are some modifications made to support some hybrid playstyles. I dig the apu-heavy hybrid that you are referring to as well and would really enjoy seeing that return. You can build a hybrid like that currently, but the mechanic in place currently penalizes your effectiveness as you raise apu points and vice versa. Essentially making having both not only reduce overall power because you can't invest as many points, but also have negative impact on one-another just for both being present. Couple that with the fact that low-level shields aren't cutting the cheese right now, and you have a decent picture of why the hybrids we like aren't really that viable currently.

I ran New Dawn in my heyday. We do know each other-- Rizzy and I once roleplayed being drunk and disorderly towards you at diner in Via3 as you were roleplaying having dinner with some dude that was probably roleplaying being a chick. The intent was only to flame because roleplaying required a certain level of maturity and commitment I couldn't (and still can't) adhere to.

Don't sweat it. I think anyone who took a large break and came back was surprised at a number of things upon their return. I was out for 8 years so I can sympathize.

APU's were so bad for a while they were only used for leveling and laughs. RoF and Range on their spells was cut into 1/3 from when you recall and damage wasn't much to speak of. Only within the last two major retail patches did they begin to be playable again for PVP.

The nanites will be an APU's preferred way to heal, until there are some modifications made to support some hybrid playstyles. I dig the apu-heavy hybrid that you are referring to as well and would really enjoy seeing that return. You can build a hybrid like that currently, but the mechanic in place currently penalizes your effectiveness as you raise apu points and vice versa. Essentially making having both not only reduce overall power because you can't invest as many points, but also have negative impact on one-another just for both being present. Couple that with the fact that low-level shields aren't cutting the cheese right now, and you have a decent picture of why the hybrids we like aren't really that viable currently.

I ran New Dawn in my heyday. We do know each other-- Rizzy and I once roleplayed being drunk and disorderly towards you at diner in Via3 as you were roleplaying having dinner with some dude that was probably roleplaying being a chick. The intent was only to flame because roleplaying required a certain level of maturity and commitment I couldn't (and still can't) adhere to.
    I've always been a roleplayer at heart. No hard feelings though, I used to love going with my clan on op wars with New Dawn, I was just sad when most New Dawn jumped ship to BD, because then they sort of turned against TG.

Yeah, I'd imagine it'd be very difficult to come up with an effective, viable pve and pvp spec for hybrids, what kills me most about losing my old characters isn't just my loss of all my armor, money, spells, and implants.. it's also that I lost my setup. I don't know what I put for any of my resists and such, and so I'm not sure what to do. xD

former king of saturn

Not having memories of the oldschool resist system might actually help. The new system took me some getting used to.

Not having memories of the oldschool resist system might actually help. The new system took me some getting used to.
    I don't know how the current resist system works either. I think I heard to take rad, not sure what else.

former king of saturn

Just like the old resist system, you want to mitigate the damage you are receiving. Investing heavily in xray resist at the cost of other damage types will lead you to have a setup with good xray resist but poor resists otherwise.

Generally speaking pierce and energy are the primary damage types, with fire, poison, xray, and force being secondary. This isn't entirely true when you bring monks and/or flamethrowers into the picture but it's not a bad rule of thumb.

One thing that IS new is that Psi Resist now actually mitigates all PSI-based damage. Back in our time, it only resisted Psi attack 1 and Psi attack 2 as those were the only attacks that did 'Psi' damage.

Neocron Apartment Guide

Just like the old resist system, you want to mitigate the damage you are receiving. Investing heavily in xray resist at the cost of other damage types will lead you to have a setup with good xray resist but poor resists otherwise.
    So if I wanted a general resist setup (so that I could PvE anywhere) should I just add up the resists of my [best] armour (I'm a monk so I only get 1 type) and then top up the lower resists with skill points so they are all the same?

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    So if I wanted a general resist setup (so that I could PvE anywhere) should I just add up the resists of my [best] armour (I'm a monk so I only get 1 type) and then top up the lower resists with skill points so they are all the same?
    IMO as a monk you should primarily spec fire resists (for PVE!). As the only danger in Regants Legacy is the boss' AoE fire-attack, and if you want to try your luck against firemobs (for rare parts), it would be helpfull aswell.

When I have leveled monks I have always specced 50 base fire - for leveling.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

former king of saturn

I would advise against PVEing with a monk unless you are just planning to AOE farm exp. Their range is on par or lesser than pistols. Go HC or Rifle or Droner if you want to farm.

Resists from armor and skills aren't on an even playing field, either. I can't take credit for this data but I did massage it for graphs in the 2.2 Combined Resist Graph. Honestly I haven't tested it but treat it like it's fact. Bad method, but the idea of actually testing this end-to-end without good tools is just off putting to say the least.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr8jl7b1mo...ying.xlsx?dl=0

Divide!

former king of saturn

Yooooo Kaos! When should I expect to see your /60?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast