Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default (Maybe) Returning

I used to play Aramat Vrendel amongst others, I was even a faction counsellor back in live (Mostly Saturn and Pluto, as I didn't speak German). It was an unpaid position for Diamond Real Estate.

So, my question is: Last time I played was .. wow, 2009, I thought it was much sooner, but how's the game now? I heard some people say that there was sometimes actually over a hundred people online? What percent of the server is online? How many people actually are on at peak and the quiet times on average?

Atm the population is rising again. So its a good time to come back. At german peak you have 10-15% (100-150) population. There are opfights daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruder Malmsdoo View Post
    Atm the population is rising again. So its a good time to come back. At german peak you have 10-15% (100-150) population. There are opfights daily.
    It's sad that all my character I put countless hours into are gone, because a few people decided to cheat. It'll be hard to start completely over from scratch. Thanks for answering my question. I was in last night and did a few of the new starter quests, skipped mc5 (always hated that).

Quote Originally Posted by AramatOwnedYou View Post
    It's sad that all my character I put countless hours into are gone, because a few people decided to cheat. It'll be hard to start completely over from scratch. Thanks for answering my question. I was in last night and did a few of the new starter quests, skipped mc5 (always hated that).
    Getting started isn't so hard actually, you know the game, there are traders around, you will get by.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

To be honest, I can't remember a -lot- of stuff, like where to get rares or how to make good money. I know the basics though.

People will always help you if you ask them kindly.

Well, stuff hasn't changed too much since "back then" i guess. First address is still Giant Rats in P1 sewer around the corner of the Terminals. Next stop Aggressors in the cellar at the Neocronicle Office.

Rares you can farm from the fire mobs at the canyon.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Well, stuff hasn't changed too much since "back then" i guess. First address is still Giant Rats in P1 sewer around the corner of the Terminals. Next stop Aggressors in the cellar at the Neocronicle Office.

Rares you can farm from the fire mobs at the canyon.
    Fire mobs in the canyon also still the best way to PL?

Fire mobs in the canyon also still the best way to PL?
    PL? Player levelling?

Firemobs are OK but not the best. Good for unressed parts though.
    For pure xp gain then regants legacy is still the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    PL? Player levelling?

Firemobs are OK but not the best. Good for unressed parts though.
    For pure xp gain then regants legacy is still the best.
    PL means power leveling. I remember that I used to have my PPU heal people over in the TG canyon caves to kill fire beasts.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Ahh the good old poison caves.

these days regents is like them but with mobs that almost never hit, but hit hard when they do, also 10x the XP.
    hell of a long run though, might want to get someone to buy you a hovertech.

Tho they nerfed Tank AoE for leveling it seems. -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Tho they nerfed Tank AoE for leveling it seems. -_-'
    I never made a heavy combat or was it high tech combat tank? The tanks with the big guns. I did a melee tank. Those still viable?

I never made a heavy combat or was it high tech combat tank? The tanks with the big guns. I did a melee tank. Those still viable?
    Heavy = cannons. High tech is a general weapon type which normally means energy based.

Melee is OK up to a point (though you miss out on AoE, which is still better than single shot) but then the mobs just do too much damage to take if you aren't using cover/range.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Heavy = cannons. High tech is a general weapon type which normally means energy based.

Melee is OK up to a point (though you miss out on AoE, which is still better than single shot) but then the mobs just do too much damage to take if you aren't using cover/range.
    I remember melee being the big rage for tanks back in the day, but that was -long- ago. I could try a heavy tank, I gotta say though. I was surprised when I logged in the other day and saw a melee PE. I didn't think they had enough strength to make a viable melee class.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast