Thread: lol, then bye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned User

Default lol, then bye

I've only just come back from a bit of a break but it would seem my time in this game has come to an end. I always held neocron highly due to it's community but the past couple months it seems mostly the worst of it has stuck around. So due to a few reasons I shall be taking my leave, the primary cause is below.

Having some duels with a familiar face, jackblack, in PP1, as we've done in the past many times. I assume all is well and I have no worry about my items as in the past I've returned his belt drops in the past, and as stated before it was supposed to be good mannered duels. Well long story short, I die, jackblack has a bunch of tasa come out of veronique to literally squat on my body and block my friend from looting my belt, and hack it taking my woc pa.

Now yes, I realize this is whining, and no the PA isn't something I can't replace, I have 17m and two spare pa 3's, but that's not the point.

Why in a game of around 100 regulars, would you not only pull that kind of underhanded shit, saying they were friendly duels and then preventing the retrieval of my belt/ress? You complain about no one to fight yet when you want 'friendly' fights you end up thieving my shit?

Good Game TASA, you cost the game an active pvper, you literally drove off nearly 1% of the populace with that.

-Signed, Leonard Nimoy / Professor Farnsworth / Upgraydd / Brawndo / CaptainZapBrannigan / Mogget / Magically Delicious / Elijah Goldstein / Heaven / Aerocytes / Raszgul
    Last edited by Aerocytes; 02-02-15 at 02:09.

lol brawndo pls

Shame that you're leaving. Happy trails wherever you find yourself, gaming-wise.

(Can I have your stuff?)

You're gonna encounter "asshattery" in any online game. Just be aware of it and adjust your trust with certain players. This used to be a reason to go to war, not quit. Don't get mad, get even.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Pepper Park fights (or as I know it from back in the days: Plaza 2 Fights) were never really fair. Of course some try to do that, others just making fun out of it being exactly the opposite. In the end there can always be put up something as a reason to name the fights unfair.
    If you go into that inofficial fight zone, same would be the case in any wasteland sectors, you should be aware of what risk you take if you carry valuable things around with you. This especially applies to those runners with bad soullight. This is all on your own risk.
    Why dont you go to neofrag then? Why dont you set up some fights in any OP? You can always do this, and you wont lose anything! But it seems people need this kind of "kick" in Pepper Park, right? And if they have to pay for the kick they wanted, they leave like a kid?
    I personally hate PP2 fights, and just use em to train a little.

You accuse a whole clan !! (no matter who it is in the end) to be guilty for you leaving. I say it is finding a scapegoat to give you a reason.
    As I personally see the signment in your post now, I could just copy some conversation out of chat log or screenshots of two of your chars. You definately dont have a holy light hovering above your head.
    If you like to be treated well, start with yourself first. Dont pour the hatred out on others.

Take a break, do some other action wherever you want. And welcome back if you have made up your mind again

Neocron is full of asshats, that's what makes it unique! Run those streets, not sure who yo trust, To be honest not half as bad as the invite to team, kill you, loot belt without a hack lol.

it sucks yes, hell I got gunned down many a night in my shop by someone coming to "buy something" only to blow me away "a defenceless tradeskiller"!! But I carried on, I wasn't the arsehole, they were, name went in a list....there are ways of getting your own back

Not to stray into defending anyone....but if you want a risk free PVP experience then there's always neofrag.

This is cyberpunk at its best, this is borderline anarchy, this is limited order, expect griefers, gankers, shit talkers, egos of super villains........but when you find an ally.... a genuine ally who always has your back, it is so much more rewarding.

"All your… moments… will be lost in time, like tears… in… rain. Time… to "lol bye"....good luck!

I neither condone nor support the action of those you report, merely accept this is a fact of life in Neocron, our wondrous world!!!

Closed - Until Further Notice

First of all, if you´re aware of the risk that really is just whining as you say. (Have you been Rezzkilled and looted? - NO)
    Someone who has been around in neocron for a while should have experienced worse. As the other replies mentioned, go to Neofrag, team up with some guys to save your belt or just dont carry anything expensive with you while playing in PP1. Isn´t Pepperpark just meant to kill Runners and hack Belts? Otherwise everybody would just be fighting at Outposts...

So why are you making so much trouble of loosing a PA as you´re risking it on purpose!

Losing a "active"? PvP Player which never really showed up? I´m sorry but seems like it´s not a greatloss... The pvp worked well without you.

Coming to my main point:
    Accusing a specific person (who may have killed you but does not stand in relation to hacking your belt) and especially blaming a whole Clan! is just irresponsible!
    Haven´t fought against Wolfpack yet huh?
    You might reconsider who you really are angry of... I guess it´s just you for being naive playing an online game and expect people do be nice and "reward" you for your own fault? Grow up
    Btw, I´ve considered giving it back, but for "shittalking" a whole Clan, sorry bro...

Banned User

Back to clarify as a friend of mine told me "you're being flamed by everyone".

I'm not upset I lost my PA, that happens, I've lost many other PA's to many other people. Hell someone from Pricks got 2 5 slot ion pistols from me when they were still solid weapons. I'm not upset about losing items, hell I'm going back to Eve instead of this so really, item loss isn't the bother.

What I'm upset about is that when we were supposed to be on somewhat good terms and having friendly fights, as we have had in the past, but instead immediately after the duel he has his clannies swarm my belt and prevent me from looting it while they hack it.

I repeat, it is not the loss of gear that upsets me, it is the two faced bullshit that is a constant in this game from certain people. Now sure, in the past go to war over things like that, but the thing is, this game is dying. It has hardly any players left and the old players don't seem too likely to come back. So, go to war? Why? I'm not going to entertain a load of two faced douches, and that's what war would do, it would give them a reason to play this game again.

SIDE NOTE: I never once denied being an asshole, I have come forth and admitted to being an asshole several times, however I am not a two faced asshole. If I say something I keep my word, if I make a deal I follow through and if I challenge someone to friendly duels, I don't swarm their body with my friends afterwards to loot their belt just because their shiny woc pa isnt on the corpse anymore.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Snorps View Post
    Btw, I´ve considered giving it back, but for "shittalking" a whole Clan, sorry bro...

You could offer to give me 10 woc pa's and it wouldn't make me reinstall that game and give you bunch of cunts more entertainment. Neocron will die and it will happen mostly due to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerocytes View Post
    Neocron will die and it will happen mostly due to the community.
    w0rd!
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Back to clarify as a friend of mine told me "you're being flamed by everyone".
    (....)
    SIDE NOTE: I never once denied being an asshole, I have come forth and admitted to being an asshole several times, (...)
    You could offer to give me 10 woc pa's and it wouldn't make me reinstall that game and give you bunch of cunts more entertainment. Neocron will die and it will happen mostly due to the community.
    No one flamed you, and the trial of clarifying will stay what it is: a trial
    Maybe you just go to Eve, as you were saying, ... wait for the next swarm of ships there who just try to blow up your big ship (hopefully a Titan) for fun in a very unfair fight.
    And last but not least: with admitting being an asshole and proving to just use sweeping judgements and insulting you admit being jointly responsible for the bad part of the community.
    I change my opinion once more: good to see you go then.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

lol dont worry guys, as soon as he loses a ship or a couple gold in eve he will be back.

To say this community isnt the nicest it has been the whole life of the game is ignorant, thread starter obviously wasnt around in the old days.

I don't see the point of this thread. All i see is name calling.

Well.. Why u're still here? Just leave it alone.
    This thread is pointless. Keep it ingame.
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

*hands over a handkerchief*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast