Default [001516] #197 Traders dont get level up

Looks since one of the last patches traders cant level on their skill. You get xp for consting/ressing but you cant get the level up, The xp stays at 3500/3500 and you have to kill some mob or do a mission to finally get the up. At the next level up you have to do the same.

Hm, I think you need to be more precise, 'cause I just cap the INT of my RES (missed me some xp points when I cowardly abandon her for too much boring lvling during a recent, but not the last, 2x xp) some days ago by doing some (to be more precise, a megaton of) salvage/recycle.
    And the DEX of the same char lvl up as well, three times since the last patch.

more precise? you are for example on level 80 int... reseach or construct something at an xp level of 3500/3500, usually you would get a level up. but atm you dont. you can research 1000x times and the level up will only happen if you do something like running a mission, hurting a mob. btw thats exatly what i wrote above

devs? anyone?

Small Pepper-Park rat :p Tenchiro's Avatar

I can confirm it. You dont get a lvl up in a main skill like INT or DEX with Research, Construction or Repair.
    ----------------------
    IT TOOK ME HALF A DAY TO FIND OUT WHAT “BRATHERING” MEANS.
    THE ANSWER IS EASY. IT'S GERMAN NOT ENGLISH –

That's what I mean (Tenchiro's comment) when I said more precise ^^, 'traders' is not only RES/CST toons.

And so, I can confirm that not every 'traders', of every skills cannot lvl up.

Ein, my RES, got her INT lvl up to cap (100, Spy) by using recycling/salvage some days ago and her DEX lvl up four times since 'last patch' (wich is the server side patch of 12/01/15), last is yesterday (25/01/15, 73, still Spy).
    Zein, my CST, lvl up her INT and DEX by 10 from 84 to 94/95 (Spy too), during the last 2x xp period and some days after (until I get too bored) and so this before the last patch I mention just before.

I don't know if I bypass the bug or if it's link to something else you do and I don't, but it seems lvl up working well for some of us at least.

Research, construct and repair doesnt work to get the level up. Recycling or Barter seem to work, at least on mine and some m8s onces

I can confirm this, though it only starts at a certain level, maybe around level 60-70. Before that you get level ups correctly.
    Then there is a small area where you don't get the level up immediately, but delayed. Which means, the DEX or INT xp is already full, but total xp still counts up, and at some point you get the level up and some (or all, i'm not sure) xp is carried over to the next level.
    But at some point, no level up will come, no matter how much more you craft. I tested this when both INT and DEX were stuck already by leveling up INT through hacking a lockbox, DEX was still stuck at the same point when INT got stuck at the next level.

(I experienced this while crafting)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyol45743241
    Gnah, remember starship troopers? They faced the same amount of bugs and what did they get? A warm handshake, thats all!
    R.I.P. Keyol