Thread: Remote CityCom

Default Remote CityCom

As Trivaldi suggested in other thread, I'm making separate thread for this idea.

Remote citycom would allow runners to access network everywhere they are. Since mails cant have attachments, making them accessable only from certain locations dont make sense, especially in cyberpunk game. Re-doing same mission would be faster if we dont have to run forward and back to citycom station. For example some HQs have not comfortable located citycom, resource manager and fsm for doing res/cst missions, it take more time running between them than actually doing item.
    Implementing them shouldnt be hard - we can use existing hacktool model and icon. I propose HEW as vendor, since they have all hacknet items. Price should be around 30-50k nc. If it need downsides for use wrist computers than citycom stations, I propose adding ability for hacker to track location of player with citycomtool, or from time to time ability to disrupt system completely making it unsuable for hour or so.

unfortunately radiation in the wasteland is still being to high, so wireless connections don't work. sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    unfortunately radiation in the wasteland is still being to high, so wireless connections don't work. sorry for the inconvenience.
    GoGu and ASG terminals work somehow. And they use antennas.

thats because those antennas are pretty fucking huge, you dont want to carry such a thing with you on the back

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    thats because those antennas are pretty fucking huge, you dont want to carry such a thing with you on the back
    Not all, el farid gogu for example have no antenna at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    Not all, el farid gogu for example have no antenna at all.
    El Farid has an indoor type GoGu installed, because housings. So its hardwired via cable to the next Uplink.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^