Default Serious Problemes with loading and connecting

Hi there,

I've got a serious problem getting Neocron started on my computer, and I'm hoping some of you could give me a clue on how to fix it, as I'm getting more and more desperate.
    The launcher and every affiliate window of it (e.g. Options) takes an incredible long time to load every time I open it (yes, I'm talking about just the launcher window); it takes up to seven minutes to get the damn thing running.

This would be annoying, but perhaps bearable, but from this moment on, the real problem kicks in: When the game finally starts and I've typed in Login and password, the game briefly flashes the "Connecting to info-server" message, before it throws me back to the login screen without any message (error message or otherwise) whatsoever. This happens regardless of whether the login information is correct or not.

When I installed the game for the first time, everything worked fine. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of logging onto the testserver; so when NC finished updating (and I played around for like 4 minutes), I couldn't join the regular Server anymore because the game version was too new (obviously). So I deinstalled the game and reinstalled it afterwards without the testserver option, which was the point where the two aforementioned problems started. The two problems now also apply to joining the Testserver.

If I muster up massive amounts of persistence and click "Enter" (or "Resume", doesn't make a difference) in the login-screen a dozen or more times (after each fall back), I sometimes get to the window where I can choose the server (titan). When i try to advance at this point its the same behaviour all over again, the window closes and seconds later I'm back at the Choose your server Screen without explanation. There is a lottery-win like chance of me passing that test of patience as well, but then I get the information "synchronizing game-data" (something like that) and nothing happens after that - I waited about 20 minutes, and the game did not crash, but nothing more happened. Trapped in "Synchronizing" limbo for eternity, it seems.

I'm not 100% sure whether both problems (the excruciatingly long loading times of the launcher and my inability to actually join the game) are connected, but I somehow suspect it.

I gathered the logfiles the game created here: http://psyko-mike.de/logs.7z

My System:

Windows 8.1 (64-Bit)
    Intel i5 760
    8GB Ram
    AMD Radeon R9 280

Measures already taken:

1) Several reinstallations (some with the testserver option, some without) plus manually searching and deleting files Neocron might have put created on any HDD or keys in the registry which might not be deleted by a deinstallation -> no effect.

2) Networt / Firewall / ISP problems + Check if something went wrong with the Account-> I do have a Laptop and a HTPC in the same network, and on both systems NC and my Account run perfectly; I just copied the damn thing without reinstalling it on the other machines and it simply worked

4) AV Problems -> I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2015; deactivating and deinstalling had no effect at all

5) Windows 8.1 -> HTPC runs with 8.1 64-bit as well, and there were no problems there

6) Graphic Drivers -> up- and downgraded them several times with 4 different versions, and it didn't change a thing.

7) HDD problems -> installed it on every of the 3 physical drives, no effect

Frankly, I really don't know what to do anymore. Playing the Game on the laptop or HTPC unfortunately isn't really an option; the same applies to going Rambo on my computer and bulldozing the thing for the sake of one game.

I'm really close to concluding that "A Wizard did it", and give up on the whole thing. Which would be a shame and leave my slightly depressed because I've been wanting to play this game for almost ten years now, when my friends startet getting hooked on NC1.

Maybe some of you guys have an idea up your sleeve that wasn't already covered by the measures I took mentioned above.

Thanks for taking the time to read my lengthy post (tried to be as specific as I could), and thanks in advance for any help.

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

wow nobody has responded to this yet? u arent the only one having problems. since the last patch there are quite a few people having problems with connectivity. one guy i know just installed a new sd drive in hopes that will clear up the problem. we shall see. i constantly get long connectivity problems and ghost syncs. i have just reinstalled the game and awaiting the painfully slow patches to download.
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

You can log onto the FTP server manually if you want to DL the patches faster.

When was the last time you played without problems?

Have you made sure that the correct C++ 2013 x86 Redist is installed?
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

One other thing to try since you mentioned you have been using the test server by accident.

1. Uninstall the client.
    2. Make sure your patches directory is empty. I have come across a few players who have been patching their retail client with test server patches.
    3. Reinstall Neocron using the latest client and let it re-download the patches.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Exclamation Sync Issues.

I first to start off by saying I've been having a lot of issues after the last couple of patches with trying to sync into the Neocron world. It doesn't matter what character I play or what account I choose to use. I can't seem to sync fully into Neocron. The sync screen continues to say syncing and my items are always gone. I log in and out of the game about 5 - 10 times to actually get it to load correctly. I just tried a minute ago and my entire inventory was missing and I had 250x Trash Grenades. I suggest the support team looks into the last couple of patches or ensures their hard drive isn't failing again for the 1000 time.

-Unhappy Neocron Customer.

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

i think the reinstall did it. and as for the slow patch downloads, i cancelled and restarted and it went fast. so thats no problem. after reiinstall everything seems to go faster from launch on, and i didnt sync out at all during the 3 clan op fight tonite.....progress
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

I first want to start off by saying..........

Quote Originally Posted by gstyle40 View Post
    i think the reinstall did it. and as for the slow patch downloads, i cancelled and restarted and it went fast. so thats no problem. after reiinstall everything seems to go faster from launch on, and i didnt sync out at all during the 3 clan op fight tonite.....progress
    Glad to hear you're back up and running
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team

»A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

former king of saturn

[ Edited - please report exploits/hacks etc to exploits@neocron-game.com ]
    Last edited by Bifrost; 19-01-15 at 23:46. Reason: Flaming/Exploits/Hacks

Threads merge - @ThunderSix - can you try the steps outline in post #5
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    One other thing to try since you mentioned you have been using the test server by accident.

1. Uninstall the client.
    2. Make sure your patches directory is empty. I have come across a few players who have been patching their retail client with test server patches.
    3. Reinstall Neocron using the latest client and let it re-download the patches.

I would have done this except the last patch had i been in that position, are all of the test server patches different?

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya View Post
    I would have done this except the last patch had i been in that position, are all of the test server patches different?
    I don't know if each and every individual one is definitely different, but I would expect so.

I would have thought only the last patch was different, then when approved it simply became the live patch with no changes made, especially since the build (patch) numbers stay the same.

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya View Post
    I would have thought only the last patch was different, then when approved it simply became the live patch with no changes made, especially since the build (patch) numbers stay the same.
    The final patch on test prior to r192 (retail) was t203. The retail patch contained some/most/all of the content in t192-t203 and was wrapped up into a single retail patch. t192 is definitely not r192.

That goes for software application that has a regimented development schedule. Versioning is a nightmare and I don't envy anyone who has to coordinate or enforce. Strict adherence would actually keep test and prod fundamentally different for multiple reasons that you probably don't want to read about because this is already getting tldr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast