Default Repeatable Missions

Why not just make the missions you pick up auto repeatable without having to go back to the citycom over over. At least this way you're constantly killing/looting and less running and looking for the actual mission to do again. I just find it boring as sin to go to the city com, click on your faction, click on the difficulty and then look for the mission you are trying to do. Specially the kill missions, seems like we are doing more running than doing killing lol.

For example, i'm doing the Launcher Cyclop kill mission at Military Base. You pick up the mission at the base, run to the bunker, kill 5 of them (which probably takes 1-2 minutes). then run back to the base to pick up the mission again. Why not just have the missions just recycle after you complete it? Rather spend my short time killing trying to level instead of running back and forth over and over lol.
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by jvasquez33 View Post
    Why not just have the missions just recycle after you complete it? Rather spend my short time killing trying to level instead of running back and forth over and over lol.

This times infinity.

Either that or say kill '20' and times the xp rate by 4.

For lazy devs: remote citycom item with hacktool model. We have plasma guns, fusion reactors, hover vehicles but no smartphones/tablets?

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    For lazy devs: remote citycom item with hacktool model. We have plasma guns, fusion reactors, hover vehicles but no smartphones/tablets?
    Shhhhhh! Reason is you know.. a ban reason
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by jvasquez33 View Post
    For example, i'm doing the Launcher Cyclop kill mission at Military Base. You pick up the mission at the base, run to the bunker, kill 5 of them (which probably takes 1-2 minutes). then run back to the base to pick up the mission again. Why not just have the missions just recycle after you complete it? Rather spend my short time killing trying to level instead of running back and forth over and over lol.
    This has been discussed a few times. It's a case of getting the balance that works for you. Either stay and keep killing or run for the mission. Either way you're getting XP and it should be there or there about the same amount over time (in some places it isn't, obviously). Some folks are happy to stay in one place and keep killing over and over again, to some that is not a fun experience and the break of collecting a new mission is a welcome change of pace and scenery.

If it is only taking you 1-2 minutes to kill 5 Launcher Cyclops it sounds like you've graduated from that difficulty of mission anyway. That raises the other problem we have, we need missions beyond that. It's a problem we're aware of and want to fix and will when we can.

If you're running the mission for Faction Sympathy or Soul Light there are alternatives we've recently improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Either that or say kill '20' and times the xp rate by 4.
    Again this raises the point of who the mission is for. A lower level character would simply not have the ammo capacity to complete that mission, so would need to retreat for supplies anyway. If such a mission would only take your character a handful of missions, there should really be something more rewarding for you to do.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    That doesn't solve the fundamental problem of there being a gaping hole in mission variety and availability for higher level players.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    That doesn't solve the fundamental problem of there being a gaping hole in mission variety and availability for higher level players.
    I fail to see how this is an argument for not having access to the city com network everywhere... in a cyberpunk game...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    I fail to see how this is an argument for not having access to the city com network everywhere... in a cyberpunk game...
    That's because it's not intended to be?

It's a simple statement. There is a high level content gap which i believe is the real underlying issue highlighted by this discussion. A portable CityCom is an entirely different discussion and would be best suited to it's own thread - there's probably an existing one fresh ideas can be put in to.

My (personal!) arguments for the original discussion are as above: Spend time walking to level using missions or don't and level by grinding mobs. It's a choice to be made by the player. If we made missions automatically repeat we might as well just remove them entirely and increase mob-kill XP gains - that would achieve the same end result. That would also remove a choice though, a choice which exists to cater for differing play styles.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

If it is only taking you 1-2 minutes to kill 5 Launcher Cyclops it sounds like you've graduated from that difficulty of mission anyway. That raises the other problem we have, we need missions beyond that. It's a problem we're aware of and want to fix and will when we can.
    Yea it's definitely a problem with not having different mission with higher level mobs. Regardless of the difficulty of how fast you kill them, and I didn't mean I was killing them myself under 2 minutes. I was there with a group and it was literally that fast with a bunch of noobs. That's where I really noticed how much running I was actually doing lol.

Which got me thinking even to when I made my new character killing the rats in the sewer doing that mission. It would definitely speed up the game letting us just recycle missions instead of running back every time to the citycom. Or maybe increase the kill count with what the same reward to that what you have would have gotten completing them. For example instead of the normal Kill 5 Sewer Rats for 50exp and 400cr to kill 20 Rats for 200exp and 1600cr. Again just raw numbers as an example.
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2

I don't know what solution you have prepared for the near future for mission, but without going to the infinitly repeatable mission like it is suggered before, at least a new button on the first mission window into the citycom, named 'repeat', 'I wanna do the same mission again', 'Troll !!' or whatever you want, that granted us to repeat the same mission again... and again... and again.

You still need to come back to a citycom to launch a mission but you don't have to select a faction and a difficulty and more than that, you don't have to search through a boring list of missions that doesn't suits you (I have absolutly no intention to kill anything with my cst tool ! ^^) before finding the good one (that you can miss, excatly 'cause you're bored... it happend to me sooooo much times)

all three arguments / ideas are correct imho but they aim at different angles:
    repeat-button, will fix the problem of running around. that simply saves time, but will not make anything less boring. if boring is not your problem, but time waisting, this is your solution.
    transportable citycom-terminal will save time and would be handy as well as stylish, but apart from that will not improve the game expierence much. nevertheless this is a valid point. i'd like that myself.
    new missions will probably improve the game experience and might make the game more rewarding. however they will not address the points of time waisting for running around as well as not enable easy repeats of the same mission. these factror will basically stay as they are.

all in all: all three are valid and interesting ideas for suited for certain situations and imho the best way would be adressing all three issue in order of the least amount of work.

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 15-01-15 at 15:12. Reason: Exploit discussion

missions are stupid and not worth your time. except maybe in a very few cases, like monks needing dex exp (but could also recycle or use pistols). all other mainskills in all classes will be built up by either using weapons (INT, DEX, PSI, STR) or getting hit (STR, CON) or teaming (depends on class). i'd be okay with removing quick missions altogether and adding a few new small quests instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    [ edited ]

damn trivaldi that was fast, thought those times are over

That's because it's not intended to be?

It's a simple statement. There is a high level content gap which i believe is the real underlying issue highlighted by this discussion. A portable CityCom is an entirely different discussion and would be best suited to it's own thread - there's probably an existing one fresh ideas can be put in to.

My (personal!) arguments for the original discussion are as above: Spend time walking to level using missions or don't and level by grinding mobs. It's a choice to be made by the player. If we made missions automatically repeat we might as well just remove them entirely and increase mob-kill XP gains - that would achieve the same end result. That would also remove a choice though, a choice which exists to cater for differing play styles.
    There is one thing that short-circuits your otherwise great reasoning-- every class has a stat, often a vital one, that is increased ONLY by missions, or only practically through missions. I would rather see PSI xp added to using drones, rifles and pistols and dex XP added to using APU modules than citycom access everywhere however.