Default Lets upgrade PvP in NC

One of the problems with nc is there are no rewards for owning OPs except for money...since money is easy to come by in this game its really not a reward most people will fight for...neocron is very unique in that the pvp itself draws people to OP fight...how many times do you hear someone say "i dont care about the OP i just wanted the fight"

Bonuses are given to the clan that owns the OP but only when that clan is in zone...lets expand on this idea...my suggestion is that the buffs a clan gets from owning an OP or many OPs should stay on the characters all the time...in every zone...the bonuses do not have to be large...lets say like +5 hc or rc or pc or apu etc if you own this OP or combo of OPs (you can make it so the clan has to own a certain 3-5 OPs to get a bonus)...its not much but enough to where people will fight for those extra bonuses so they can pwn noobs even when fighting in the city at pepper...anyone got any other ideas? End game in nc is PvP so why not make it worth doing...besides the thrill of PvP itself =)

The REAL Walker

Very good idea IMO.
    It should be a very small bonus though - as you suggested +5 to combat skills would be fair as it wont make it unbalanced and unfair against people without x-amount of OP's.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

probably a mix of your opinion and the actual situation, so lets say 5 combatskill for owning a fortress on all clan chars, 15-25 combatskill in the zone.

but you shouldnt be able to get like 10 for owning 2 fortresses

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    but you shouldnt be able to get like 10 for owning 2 fortresses
    I see the stacking getting quickly out of hand here. Maybe with some tiered rewards that diminish.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Not a bad overall idea there Tino. My concern on a few things would be similar to others it seems. Would these bonuses stack, would their be a cap on them stacking. Like in our present state, if you took over all the OPs... would you be as Gods? My lack of understanding.. in your idea, and others ideas. Would all OPs give combat bonuses? What would/should happen to Fortresses? Would the combined bonuses stack in OP zones? So currently Jericho gives +50, if you own say 4 fortresses... stacking bacon for 5 each, would you get a +70 combat skill, or would you be tops at your +50 because you are at the fortress? Obviously similar for Factories and other such types.

Would in this idea.... would Tyron give multiple bonuses? I can see a great reason for the bonus working outside of the zone. Such as Uplinks, where little hacking is ever ever ever done. The same with a fortress.

Getting a small buff outside the zone sounds like a great idea. So long as it isn't to out of hand. I am pretty sure that idea, has never really been answered, but I believe it has been asked since the dawn of Neocron. Perhaps now that you have asked it, now during a balancing phase, we might finally get an answer (yes is a good answer Zoltan)
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

well. what can i say? it's an idea. we all should post more ideas. some will be of use, even. this one, maybe not so much.

If you own lets say a certain 5 OPs then you would get a +5 bonus all the time to ummm rifle combat...you would get no added bonus for being in the actual OP zone....lets say you owned 3 sets of 5 OPs...then you would get a +5 rc, +5 hc, and +5 pc...this way you would only benefit +5 on the character your playing since most characters are not pistol/rifle hybrids.

PS Torg I always ignore what you say because your terrible at nc =)

Now on the other hand, I heard recently a group of players who were far to busy doing PVE to level alternate characters because of the bonus to bother doing PVP.... It was strangely sad. QQ
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Quote Originally Posted by necrocon View Post
    Now on the other hand, I heard recently a group of players who were far to busy doing PVE to level alternate characters because of the bonus to bother doing PVP.... It was strangely sad. QQ
    yea, thats what happens when they offer triple xp dude, u take advantage of it while its available. when its gone, no telling when/if they will be so generous again. god only knows how long it was since the last time they offered double xp lol
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Quote Originally Posted by necrocon View Post
    What does triple and double xp have to do with what we are discussing? In case you are slow I am talking about a bonus given to clans who own certain sets of OutPosts...if you are trying to troll please do a better job =)