Quote Originally Posted by DomeOfTerror View Post
    The LE argument is moot, it's there so people with different playstyles can enjoy NC too.

Anyone that is of a mind to PVP can remove the LE, and anyone that wants LE removed
    for all players just wants to gank people that are weaker than them.

If you need kill stats Planetside is that way --------->

So can we just drop the LE crap and get back to drugs and possible changes to make them
    better ?
    No one's looking for K/D stats. Lmao.

Open world PvP is different from every other game, because it's terrifying. You're never safe. That's the whole appeal of it. That's perfectly in line with your whole "dark, cyberpunk setting".

And oh, so someone who doesn't want to PvP is welcome to enjoy THEIR style of play, but someone who doesn't want to use drugs isn't welcome to play Neocron?

I can do this all day. You're making it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Also i'd argue that a mind control chip to steer the aggressions of citizens is PERFECTLY in line with a cyberpunk, post-apoc dystopia.
    Sure, maybe something to steer THEIR aggression away from attacking another individual.

But that doesn't go in line with other players not being able to attack them.

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    I'm not saying they shouldn't be in game; I'm saying I shouldn't be forced to use drugs to be viable.
    None forces you to take them. No doubt there are advantages and disadvantages by taking drugs. Not having to care for timers, flashes and drug-rezzes provides a clear focus on the combat only, so this is an advantage. If you feel like somebody is as skilled as you are, or even better and you want to increase your chances of surviving/winning, you can take them. But to say you're not viable without is simply not true. There are lots of fights who are done in a few minutes and others which can last up to 45 minutes and in those fights it's a huge disadvantage to take drugs. Of course you can always argue that the advantages of better stats outweigh the negative aspects and since we play on a 4slot server, you can always log an alt when you get a flash, but basically if all comes down to personal playstyles.

And as i mentioned in another post, right now we all don't know if the negative aspects of drug-using will increase automatically by the revamp of the freeze-mechanics (increased drug intake of anti-freeze-drugs). So it's all pure speculation, also from my side. Just imagine all drugs are gone (also anti-freeze ones) and the game gets slower again just because you can't do nothing about freezes. PPU's will again be the most important thing to have (anti-freeze spells) and since they are already few and far between that doesn't sound to good to me tbh.

I do know a lot of (skilled) players who don't prefer to play with drugs, but i simply can't agree with you that they aren't viable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD No.7 BrAnD View Post
    None forces you to take them. No doubt there are advantages and disadvantages by taking drugs. Not having to care for timers, flashes and drug-rezzes provides a clear focus on the combat only, so this is an advantage. If you feel like somebody is as skilled as you are, or even better and you want to increase your chances of surviving/winning, you can take them. But to say you're not viable without is simply not true. There are lots of fights who are done in a few minutes and others which can last up to 45 minutes and in those fights it's a huge disadvantage to take drugs. Of course you can always argue that the advantages of better stats outweigh the negative aspects and since we play on a 4slot server, you can always log an alt when you get a flash, but basically if all comes down to personal playstyles.

And as i mentioned in another post, right now we all don't know if the negative aspects of drug-using will increase automatically by the revamp of the freeze-mechanics (increased drug intake of anti-freeze-drugs). So it's all pure speculation, also from my side. Just imagine all drugs are gone (also anti-freeze ones) and the game gets slower again just because you can't do nothing about freezes. PPU's will again be the most important thing to have (anti-freeze spells) and since they are already few and far between that doesn't sound to good to me tbh.

I do know a lot of (skilled) players who don't prefer to play with drugs, but i simply can't agree with you that they aren't viable at all.
    Oh no I'm not saying that you aren't viable without them.

I was under the impression this thread was concerning upcoming drug changes. I'm fine with them the way they are now.

I just would rather them not make drugs a necessity in the next patch. All I'm saying.

I was under the impression this thread was concerning upcoming drug changes. I'm fine with them the way they are now.

I just would rather them not make drugs a necessity in the next patch. All I'm saying.
    Seems like i misunderstood you . I just don't like the idea that drugs are gone since this is still neocron and not a cyberpunk-counterstrike where the only character customisation is due to skins.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD No.7 BrAnD View Post
    Seems like i misunderstood you . I just don't like the idea that drugs are gone since this is still neocron and not a cyberpunk-counterstrike where the only character customisation is due to skins.
    Yeah no sweat. I love the cyberpunk setting; it's awesome. Truly unique. And I understand that deviance is kind of the norm in a cyberpunk world.

But that doesn't go in line with other players not being able to attack them.
    Oh please. A wizard did it. There, I said it, satisfied?

Srsly, its just as "in line" or not as you want it to be, even in Sci-Fi where everything is grounded in reality, ahem, its still fiction...

Force fields, Nanite Shields, Perception-bending MacGuffins... really, whatever floats your boat. You can make up ANY explanation if you need. But ultimately the Bellisario's maxime rings true.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

That one sentence invalidates every argument you've put forth.
    If playing is viable without drugs then you have nothing to complain about.

Good day.

Lower the time duration of drugs...if you take one drug it should last 10 mins...if you take 2 drugs the effects should have a shorter time period...in my experience if you take more than one drug you get fucked up faster...you should not be able to take more drugs and get more time before the drug flash...that makes no sense.

That one sentence invalidates every argument you've put forth.
    If playing is viable without drugs then you have nothing to complain about.

Good day.
    No, it doesn't.

Currently, drugs are fine as is. This thread is discussing the future of drugs.

I'm saying for the future, I don't want to be forced to take drugs to be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Lower the time duration of drugs...if you take one drug it should last 10 mins...if you take 2 drugs the effects should have a shorter time period...in my experience if you take more than one drug you get fucked up faster...you should not be able to take more drugs and get more time before the drug flash...that makes no sense.
    Getting intoxicated faster does not imply shorter duration.

Duration of drugs is extended by taking extra doses, which can often multiply side effects,
    cause addiction, or have other detrimental effects.

Taking more drugs should last longer, but the detrimental effects should multiply as well.

I like the addiction idea, take drugs as much as you want but pay the price with some implant
    damage during addiction (maybe death or a need to visit Medi if you remain addicted too long)
    plus temporary stat reduction and a painful flash when you go clean.

The LE argument is moot, it's there so people with different playstyles can enjoy NC too.

Anyone that is of a mind to PVP can remove the LE, and anyone that wants LE removed
    for all players just wants to gank people that are weaker than them.

If you need kill stats Planetside is that way --------->

So can we just drop the LE crap and get back to drugs and possible changes to make them
    better ?
    Can't let you get away with this.

Sure it would be optimal if everyone could play their own playstyle without interfering with someone else's but as long as the server isn't split into one for PvE and one for PvP this won't be possible. At the moment the benefits of LE when farming contested mobs/areas are exorbitantly higher than those of drugs in PvP (and much more annoying for the non-LE side).

[Edited - please make your point as a normal post]
    Last edited by Bifrost; 28-05-15 at 17:54. Reason: Picture spam

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    Can't let you get away with this.

Sure it would be optimal if everyone could play their own playstyle without interfering with someone else's but as long as the server isn't split into one for PvE and one for PvP this won't be possible. At the moment the benefits of LE when farming contested mobs/areas are exorbitantly higher than those of drugs in PvP (and much more annoying for the non-LE side).
    Sounds like you are mad you can't gank people who are busy killing mobs, aww gee,
    what a shame.

Here's a clue: the mobs are for everyone and you can out DPS other players and get
    the loot LE or no LE and if you can't out DPS those LE'd players then you need to up
    your game.

On the topic of drugs I would like to see Blue Fairy last at least 10 minutes, 5 minutes
    is not long enough when you are ressing/constructing a large batch.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    If ignoring players is an interference for you and your playstyle... good night, sweet prince.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Getting intoxicated faster does not imply shorter duration.
    Duration of drugs is extended by taking extra doses, which can often multiply side effects,
    cause addiction, or have other detrimental effects.
    So your saying if you take 2 pills you should have normal vision longer than if you took 1 pill? How does this make sense...if you take 2 pills your gonna feel the effects quicker because you have more drugs in your system...not longer...learn 2 drug please