Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    All good points raised on all sides.

Drugs are a good cash sink also though, they should have a place in the world of Neocron but they should not be NEEDED. They should be simple, easy to use and part of the life as cyberpunk without drugs in some form or another is just not cyberpunk enough. There will always be dropouts, down and outs, hobos, bums whatever you want to call them but they have a place in this society. The Black Dragon clan exists to serve this aspect of society and from a "lore/rp/theme" setting there is a need for them.

However they should give a minimal edge and be an option to give extra edge to a player but not be a crutch to be used in combat.

If anything I would like to see their effects lessened and their use prolonged. They should/could perhaps be given to players levelling up and enjoying the game rather than the be all and end all of pvp as was 2.2.
    as we are talking about cyberpunk and drugs here i would like to add another idea, although i am not sure if it can be put in the game with the current mechanics: Addiction. Right now we do get a drugflash from using drugs. but we all know that there is also a much more dire effect to drugs - called addiction. My idea would be this: If a drug with good bonuses (and I am thinking of BD FSM stuff here) is used, you risk getting addicted. The effect would be a permanent light drugflash which is only cured if another dose of the same drug is used (so no drugrezz). Once that runs out the perma-flash returns.
    This way people would have to think twice if they want the hefty bonus or not. the less severe drugs would keep the current effect though. This is meant for the good stuff ^^

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Morekai View Post
    The effect would be a permanent light drugflash which is only cured if another dose of the same drug is used (so no drugrezz). Once that runs out the perma-flash returns.
    Sounds cool, but the perma-flash can only last a couple days real time
    if no drugs are used because the addiction would then be gone.

I think the ability to continue using the drugs with no flash but a semi
    permanent flash (couple days, as above) if you stop using is a good idea.

Continuous drug use could cause implant damage, like the physical damage
    real drugs cause and, or, a temporary health reduction to go with the
    perma-flash.

Quote Originally Posted by DomeOfTerror View Post
    Sounds cool, but the perma-flash can only last a couple days real time
    if no drugs are used because the addiction would then be gone.
    Agreed - however, the counter shouldn't continue while the character is logged out. After all the idea is to make the player think about the adverse effects of drugs. So the character would have to spend quite a while in Neocron to get clean again.
    I think the ability to continue using the drugs with no flash but a semi
    permanent flash (couple days, as above) if you stop using is a good idea.

Continuous drug use could cause implant damage, like the physical damage
    real drugs cause and, or, a temporary health reduction to go with the
    perma-flash.
    Good idea. perhaps a passive Body Health debuff

Drug flash should go the way of parashock in my eyes. Anything involving loss of control of character in an fps is alien to me.

Having nerfed stats I can cope with, loss of movement control is just horse shit.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Before any changes hit the test- or retailserver the freeze weapons and spells have to work as intended. As Zoltan mentioned in one of his posts, they have plans to revive them. I don't know how many of you played back in the days when the Parashock-Halo was as strong as the Holy-Para, but simply had nearly no mana cost and casting time. As a Tank for example you had to eat anti-freeze-drugs like mad. Over this quite long period, you became drugflashes just by using the anti-freeze-drugs. You simply couldn't afford to use any other drugs in order to stay relevant long enough in fights.

Now Zoltan also mentioned that it won't be as horrible as back in the days, but if there is the need of using anti-freeze-drugs again, the whole drug thing will change automatically again without no need of introducing a whole new mechanic at all. Simply because you can't start with e.g.: 4 drugs at all. When the anti-freeze-flash hits you, you'll have to throw in even more "normal" drugs to delay the flash again, and your enemy, if still alive, won't stop casting freezes on you, so you'll also have to keep using anti-freeze-drugs. It's kind of a loop you're stuck in.

I hope you all get what i'm trying to tell you. Just let us all wait for the exact new freeze-mechanism and then, after we know what's the deal and some testing let's see if any changes to drugs are still needed. Since both drugs and freezes are strongly linked that would be the best way to encounter the whole thing without the chance of creating new problems by implementing new things.

The other way to think of all this is of course if you simply don't want drugs in the game, no matter what. But to be fair you should be able list some good arguments why you don't want them. Because (in my opinion) the fact that others use them and you don't want to is simply you not willing to adapt to the situation. Drugs are not broken and crying for fixes/nerfs is always easier then adapting to it.

WTF ??! Neocron will no longer be Cyberpunk ???! Are you kidding ?! Some folks want Drugs to be Removed ???! Hey guys you won't ask for Elves too no ?! Neocron is Cyberpunk, Neocron is Post-Apo, Neocron needs drugs !!!

If you remove drugs, why not remove Pepper park whores, mutants, etc ...

Don't remove drugs, add some kind of drugs, remove useless ones, add more variety !! Like I always say, Neocron doesn't need content to be removed, only content to be added !!

Kalonji Faya
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Kalonji Faya View Post
    WTF ??! Neocron will no longer be Cyberpunk ???! Are you kidding ?! Some folks want Drugs to be Removed ???! Hey guys you won't ask for Elves too no ?! Neocron is Cyberpunk, Neocron is Post-Apo, Neocron needs drugs !!!

If you remove drugs, why not remove Pepper park whores, mutants, etc ...

Don't remove drugs, add some kind of drugs, remove useless ones, add more variety !! Like I always say, Neocron doesn't need content to be removed, only content to be added !!

Kalonji Faya
    Hyperbole much?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

I've never once used drugs irl.

I don't want to be forced to use them in a video game to be viable.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    I've never once used drugs irl.

I don't want to be forced to use them in a video game to be viable.

/thread
    Post Apocalyptic world, cyberpunk.
    Brain and body implants, drugs, strip clubs, dead hookers in the subway...
    Hookers in Dome used to offer their "services".

This is a pain-filled future world where life is hard...

Please don't make ridiculous comparisons to real life.

Quote Originally Posted by DomeOfTerror View Post
    Post Apocalyptic world, cyberpunk.
    Brain and body implants, drugs, strip clubs, dead hookers in the subway...
    Hookers in Dome used to offer their "services".

This is a pain-filled future world where life is hard...

Please don't make ridiculous comparisons to real life.
    Yeah, ok. So then there shouldn't be in this hard filled world:

-An implant that prevents other people from attacking you
    -Areas where you can't draw your weapon and kill other players
    -A way to keep your items on you even after death

See? I can play this game too. I guarantee you nobody in game other than myself would advocate for unrestricted, full loot PvP, but that doesn't mean I'm going to cry about it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be in game; I'm saying I shouldn't be forced to use drugs to be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    Yeah, ok. So then there shouldn't be in this hard filled world:

-An implant that prevents other people from attacking you
    -Areas where you can't draw your weapon and kill other players
    -A way to keep your items on you even after death

See? I can play this game too. I guarantee you nobody in game other than myself would advocate for unrestricted, full loot PvP, but that doesn't mean I'm going to cry about it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be in game; I'm saying I shouldn't be forced to use drugs to be viable.
    Nope, actually a lot of players apparently would welcome the remove of that carebear stuff like Law Enforcer etc.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Nope, actually a lot of players apparently would welcome the remove of that carebear stuff like Law Enforcer etc.
    For good reasons.

The LE argument is moot, it's there so people with different playstyles can enjoy NC too.

Anyone that is of a mind to PVP can remove the LE, and anyone that wants LE removed
    for all players just wants to gank people that are weaker than them.

If you need kill stats Planetside is that way --------->

So can we just drop the LE crap and get back to drugs and possible changes to make them
    better ?

Also i'd argue that a mind control chip to steer the aggressions of citizens is PERFECTLY in line with a cyberpunk, post-apoc dystopia.

It may be unprofessional, but...

+1 previous two posts.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast