Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    If drugs were to be nerfed (by a lot as in: •Drugs have equal or near-equal negatives to their bonuses.), drugflashes would have to be removed tbh.

Anyways, I vote for •Drugs stay as they are.
    Well or maybe not exactly as they are. But a rather big boost in stats.

I know that a drugflash can be removed quite easily with kill_self - Sometimes you just really do not want to die...
    Like in opfights that takes a while. Or when you are the last non-PPU alive.. It REALLY isnt possible to get a rez in that scenario - and it has happened to me more than a few times..

EDIT: A limit for how many drugs you can take would probably be a good idea.. Kinda like with nanites.
    I agreewith dropout!
    In my opinion drugs are fine the way they are now. The only issue I have is said workaround to avoid the negatives consequences of using drugs. Almost everyone has a PPU in a nearby safezone (e.g. PP1) for buffs and rezz to circumvent the drugflash. This is extremly lame and a problem in itself.

I dont want drugs to become obsolete, because they are one of neocrons very few cashsinks!
    Additionaly BD would suffer from this.

So I vote for •Drugs stay as they are.

Provided the issue of circumventing the drugflash is fixed and maybe this idea "EDIT: A limit for how many drugs you can take would probably be a good idea.. Kinda like with nanites." is implemented.

In my mind this seems like a good and simple solution!

Neocron Apartment Guide

I suspect I'm in a minority here but I'll throw this out anyway on the subject of Drugs.

Any chances LOMs could go back to the way they used to be? (no XP loss), if this is too unpopular perhaps the behaviour could be liked to rank (like implanting an LE) or the presence of the LE chip

drugs offer more variety to set ups so I vote for keep them as they are or similar.

Obviously it's possible to make a setup that's totally drug free, but that inevitably means that set ups will be more similar. Some of the craziest set ups I've seen wouldn't be possible without drugs, like the PE setup Mace showed me. it also makes for some interesting turns in battles when certain teams start drug flashing before others etc, just adds another element to the game really nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

drug flash is a pretty annoying penalty, even though you can die and get rezzed, that does take time too. must be so nice to play your setups you're used to and not have to worry about that, sheez if you could get your whole clan to not take drugs? and not have to put up with the drug rezzes after winning a fight? that team would be so efficient... Would already be taking layer one at the next OP before the losing team could even get poked so.. pros to taking drugs, pros to not taking drugs.

I guess it's fairly easy to conclude then, that I myself am a shameless drug whore

Ruhr Valley Inquisitor ‡ Stormlord ‡'s Avatar

I would suggest to even remove the drugs the medicare NPC is selling and make them Black Dragon FSM only. This faction is supposed to be a drugs, weapons, s*x´n rock´n roll faction and its faction members would have a greater meaning to deal drugs with others... But since the medicare dude has light drugs too there is no drug dealing at all...

"sshhh.... you look weak... want some drugs? ... "
    "... no thanks.. and if I will take some I get it from the medicare guy, so thanks.."

godamnit....

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    Dude, Calvin Stormlords just camr back, dont help him out!

former king of saturn

Drugs don't support spec variety, they create a vacuum where your setup doesn't use drugs but 99% of other PVPers do. That's not variety, that is a new requirement to compete.

Bottom line is I can right-click->use 8 drugs right now and run faster, jump higher, carry more, aim better, shoot harder, penis larger.
    Other than 'because it's not the playstyle I appreciate' what else is there for people who don't drug?

They are the new baseline, and that is exactly the opposite of variety. If they don't change, they will continue to be the new baseline and I will continue to have to hear from every serious competitor out there:

"You need to drug to compete."

What is this, Major League Baseball?

@Gonzo
    How many more skillpoints would the the drugged out team have over the drug free? Is that a realistic fight given equal skill?
    Last edited by Divide; 17-01-15 at 18:49.

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    They are the new baseline
    I see it this way too. As they stand, drugs create a new baseline, one which adds little to the metagame of NC, other than downtime and pissing around with inventory bollocks.

The Drugflash ist annoying. Penalty should be SI and drugs could also be more expensive and harder to recycle

Lower the time duration of drugs...if you take one drug it should last 10 mins...if you take 2 drugs the effects should have a shorter time period...in my experience if you take more than one drug you get fucked up faster =) Just like in life there should be negative and positive consequences for taking performance enhancing drugs....specially more than 1

• Drugs have equal or near-equal negatives to their bonuses.

using drugs= xp lost.
    you have to do some cave runs or anything time by time.

Drugs don't support spec variety, they create a vacuum where your setup doesn't use drugs but 99% of other PVPers do. That's not variety, that is a new requirement to compete.
    /signed

I hear your point divide, but then can we say that mc5's and rare weapons are a baseline, get rid of them, just have pure stats? I think the way they are being used right now sure they are a baseline but I don't think that warrants getting rid of them.. altering them slightly maybe. I think drugs should be harder to access, yes and to follow on from this

Quote Originally Posted by Tobson View Post
    using drugs= xp lost.
    you have to do some cave runs or anything time by time.
    maybe even have specific mob drops that you use to craft/recycle them from, or have certain clan quests or tie it in more with the BD faction but ultimately make it something you work for, and maybe even pretty hard at that, as a clan. If you want to PVP harder than the next clan then you better get out into the wastelands and work for it. im starting to sound like a broken record here with the constant 'create more grind/team activities' but when is it that you find yourself gaming the most ferciously in NC? in my exp its pvp or leveling/optimizing ur char, and pvp you cannot do all the time, PVE however. there needs to be a wider variety of things to do. even if its just things like having drug material drops, imp drops or weap drops ,maybe even some in the same light as the filter heart 2 of old, such that the persistent mob grinder/tech hunter stands the chance of receiving an ultra rare item, therefore giving incentive to those who do so. If the filter heart 2 were a big rarity drop. how many tanks you think you'd see trying to get out and farm one? more than there are farming techs now at least. I think we need some ultra rare hard to access items, e.g custom PA's,drugs.special imps,bones whatever u can think of..maybe even gun mods..blue lazer pointers etc bla bla Gonzo mind spill again

former king of saturn

Drugs are cheap and fleeting. They have no requirement for use. They do not degrade over time or require significant effort to obtain. They are not core items. They are fluff. Fluff should be optional. Fluff should not require 10 minutes of drug rezzing after an opfight.

I wonder if drugs could have risks? Get some bad shit or mix the wrong cocktail or OD and... Who knows how long until your heart explodes or your lungs collapse? If there was a random damning factor (instadeath?/stam reduction/hp reduction/healing reduction/stat reduction) in addition to the already known and predictable duration and drug flash management requirement, that could do some interesting things. Some of the effects could be instant or a very quick onset after taking a bad combo or whatever. Other effects could be tied to avoidable events such as stamina reaching 0 or taking damage or running for too long.

Maybe there should be a tranquilizer dart mod for the nailgun that defeats drug effects but doesn't trigger drugflash?
    Last edited by Divide; 21-02-15 at 21:23.

Drugs in NC1 were there for the shameless and those who just didn't understand player setup and needed help... Or perhaps a fightnight you just couldn't stand to lose.
    NC1 players didn't drug because it wasn't necessary.

2.2 is a retardo drug fest. Players don't consider their char fight-ready unless they have 249 stacks of drugs in the gogo. It's a crutch that many people can't even comprehend operating without.

I'd say of all of the changes that took place while I was on hiatus, drugs are by far the worst. I wouldn't bat an eye if they all disappeared, but somehow I don't think the players who believe drugs=good gameplay will agree.
    Or the people who have one, two, three, four accounts full of characters who all have setups based upon drugs. I love players who have to take drugs to even use their primary weapon. Great setup guys.

Bottom line is I can right-click->use 8 drugs right now and run faster, jump higher, carry more, aim better, shoot harder, penis larger.
    Other than 'because it's not the playstyle I appreciate' what else is there for people who don't drug?
    /signed

TL;DR - This means I'll read the rest next time.

A short question from my side - Do you want to keep the current "drug hell" or do you want the NC1 version? I personally prefer a drugfree gameplay ;p Drugs shouldn't be a need to play a character it should act like a powerup with malusses ofc. imho
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast