Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Your input on: Drugs

Drugs may seem like a side aspect of NC, but as many of you are aware, they currently have a sizable impact on end-game PvP.
    Drugs are very different compared to NC1/2 and with everything else, they need to be looked at from an outside perspective.

Currently drugs are generally entirely beneficial aside from the flash effects. In a similar vein as the Tier 3 v Rare.MC5 implant thread, here's some options:

• Drugs stay as they are.

Drugs remain a significant bonus over a lack of drugs.

• Drugs have equal or near-equal negatives to their bonuses.

(Personal preference) Drugs modify a character/setup in a given direction, but overall benefit is minimal/zero aside from the inconvenience of flash effects (which is of course subjective/a matter of discussion). Similar to NC1 drug effects. Eg. Redflash increases Dexterity and Agility, but reduces Body Health.

• Drugs stay as they are, but duration is significantly reduced.

Ignoring the removal of flash after death, drugs provide a significant bonus, but last for much less time (1 min tops).

• Drugs do something else.
    Last edited by Bragi; 21-12-14 at 05:44.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

I would not like them to be a major increase, that or perhaps at least not stack, as I think.. they do. I haven't used them since I was back. I just believe implants should be the bigger, more badass increase. I am probably mostly alone here. These other stoner pricks, probably want all of the drugs to be +1 billion, and a dolphin. lol
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

I believe drugs should offer a minor bonus for a limited time, you shouldn't have to rely on them for a finished setup. I also believe that if running the kill self command the drug flash should remain, however if you're killed by a 3rd party and resurrected then the flash should be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I also believe that if running the kill self command the drug flash should remain, however if you're killed by a 3rd party and resurrected then the flash should be gone.
    That would be punishment for survival and skill in my view. Why should surviving the fight carry a penalty? And on a sidenote, it doesn´t make any sense that one type of death should clear a problem and another type of death should not. If you are to have persistent through death-penalties for use, the boost they give should be pretty significant.

I think the drugs aren´t too far off how they should be at the moment, they offer a bonus (thought he positives are a little too good considering you can stack them), yet it is completely viable to play without them. I could understand limiting the number of drugs you are able to take at one time, or even making it harmful taking above a certain number of drugs (call it overdose or something) so that the negative effects increase with the number of drugs you take over a certain number.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I believe drugs should offer a minor bonus for a limited time, you shouldn't have to rely on them for a finished setup. I also believe that if running the kill self command the drug flash should remain, however if you're killed by a 3rd party and resurrected then the flash should be gone.
    So having a PPU friend would be all it takes to avoid drug flash? Have friend kill me quick, and then res me.. and BAM! That seems pretty easy to avoid.
    Quant

I'd like to see that meta game with set_killself gone. That should not be part of the regular gameplay for setups with drugs. Its shouldn't be a necessity for any gameplay...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

The REAL Walker

If drugs were to be nerfed (by a lot as in: •Drugs have equal or near-equal negatives to their bonuses.), drugflashes would have to be removed tbh.

Anyways, I vote for •Drugs stay as they are.
    Well or maybe not exactly as they are. But a rather big boost in stats.

I know that a drugflash can be removed quite easily with kill_self - Sometimes you just really do not want to die...
    Like in opfights that takes a while. Or when you are the last non-PPU alive.. It REALLY isnt possible to get a rez in that scenario - and it has happened to me more than a few times..

EDIT: A limit for how many drugs you can take would probably be a good idea.. Kinda like with nanites.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    • Drugs have equal or near-equal negatives to their bonuses.

(Personal preference) Drugs modify a character/setup in a given direction, but overall benefit is minimal/zero aside from the inconvenience of flash effects (which is of course subjective/a matter of discussion). Similar to NC1 drug effects. Eg. Redflash increases Dexterity and Agility, but reduces Body Health.
    atm drugs are needed for some setups, esp. on PE. but there is nearly no downside of using them, apart from the drugflash - where there is a workaround ready at hand.

we need to bring in a malus to drug use, like in Bragi's personal pref point. i support this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    we need to bring in a malus to drug use, like in Bragi's personal pref point. i support this version.
    With or without that workaround still part of the formula?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    With or without that workaround still part of the formula?
    the "workaround" (Kill_self or get killed and rezzed after to continue playing/fighting without drugflash effects) should be removed or altered by adding synaptic impairment to a rezzed player, just like after using a Genrep, since the drugflash is gone after death and GR-use, too.

Lower the time duration of drugs...if you take one drug it should last 10 mins...if you take 2 drugs the effects should have a shorter time period...in my experience if you take more than one drug you get fucked up faster =) Just like in life there should be negative and positive consequences for taking performance enhancing drugs....specially more than 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Lower the time duration of drugs...if you take one drug it should last 10 mins...if you take 2 drugs the effects should have a shorter time period...in my experience if you take more than one drug you get fucked up faster =) Just like in life there should be negative and positive consequences for taking performance enhancing drugs....specially more than 1
    I think this could work.

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    I'd like to see that meta game with set_killself gone. That should not be part of the regular gameplay for setups with drugs. Its shouldn't be a necessity for any gameplay...
    Doth my eyes deceive me?

Drugs in NC1 were there for the shameless and those who just didn't understand player setup and needed help... Or perhaps a fightnight you just couldn't stand to lose.
    NC1 players didn't drug because it wasn't necessary.

2.2 is a retardo drug fest. Players don't consider their char fight-ready unless they have 249 stacks of drugs in the gogo. It's a crutch that many people can't even comprehend operating without.

I'd say of all of the changes that took place while I was on hiatus, drugs are by far the worst. I wouldn't bat an eye if they all disappeared, but somehow I don't think the players who believe drugs=good gameplay will agree.
    Or the people who have one, two, three, four accounts full of characters who all have setups based upon drugs. I love players who have to take drugs to even use their primary weapon. Great setup guys.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Or the people who have one, two, three, four accounts full of characters who all have setups based upon drugs. I love players who have to take drugs to even use their primary weapon. Great setup guys.
    Hehe at one point (before the speedcap was introduced) I had a Dev setup that needed Xbeast for STR to use Dev and Redflash to activate an implant..

I did cap Dev aim with it, and could outrun everyone but tanks (that didnt have a weapon in their hands) WITH my Dev out..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Doth my eyes deceive me?

Drugs in NC1 were there for the shameless and those who just didn't understand player setup and needed help... Or perhaps a fightnight you just couldn't stand to lose.
    NC1 players didn't drug because it wasn't necessary.

2.2 is a retardo drug fest. Players don't consider their char fight-ready unless they have 249 stacks of drugs in the gogo. It's a crutch that many people can't even comprehend operating without.

I'd say of all of the changes that took place while I was on hiatus, drugs are by far the worst. I wouldn't bat an eye if they all disappeared, but somehow I don't think the players who believe drugs=good gameplay will agree.
    Pretty much everything he said seems spot on.
    Quant

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast