Thread: Reviving Titan

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Reviving Titan

So here is the problem the confronts us: Titan is almost completely lifeless. There are a few people PvEing, there is next to no PvP, there is little or no trade to be had and player numbers very rarely go up into the 30s. And who knows how many of those are dual logging.

In my view, every day the situation stays like this, we risk losing fellow players. Players that might not "come back for the patch". Players that are very valuable is such a small community of players. I am getting quite disillusioned myself with the state of the game, there seems to me to be very little reason to log on at all anymore.

So how can this trend be turned? What is the NST doing to improve the player count? Are they doing anything at all?

I see a few people coming back to the game and a few new people trying the game out, but are they going to stay in an empty game? It is very hard to get ress/const except in a very short period of time in the evening. It is very hard to find anyone trading rares. It is hard to get help, hard to find a team for whatever you are doing, everything is difficult because Neocron is built up around players supporting each other. And when this few people are playing, the whole system starts to collapse.

There are so many people who like this game, and want to see it do better than it does. Neocron has so much potential for fun, but as it is, it is very rarely even close to reaching that potential lvl of fun.

How about some more openness from the NST?

Where do we stand in the process of balancing?

What are you doing to get new players in and keep them?

What kind of time frame are we talking about?

How patient do you expect people to be?
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

Communication is pretty key for old players, and especially for new players. Is it possible to get perhaps a weekly update? Maybe even get a few questions from the Germans, and English pages to respond to each week?

Fuck. I didnt know it was that bad. I feel for you guys.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Well if you log on, it won't be "as bad"...

No offence here but nothing in that first post makes me want to but thanks for suggesting it.

The communication is the biggest thing at the moment. People still hop into our TS and ask about when the patch is going to be released, and all we can say is "I don't know" because we are in the dark regarding releases. Iron Man is right, there is very little incentive to log in anymore, even our die hard players have left.

I think they should just patch it now and adjust on the fly, at least this way we would be playing nc. There's enough new and interesting changes on the test server to bring people back if they released it to retail, especially now when people will be have free time to play over the holidays.

I just really want to play NC again, I miss the op fights and I miss wanting to log in.

No offense taken. On a separate matter, all these negative posts, and back and forth slights between players, and gms/developers... make it less exciting to be back, lol.

This is a bad time to be playing Neocron...

I said i would see this game to its grave...looks like that will be sooner rather than later =(

I think the big question right now IS .... What it has almost always been during low pop times in this game. When they DO patch, are they going to wipe the servers? If all the sudden a ton of people are playing the game.. (By a ton i mean like 100 ) are they going to wipe the server to make an "even playing field for people"

Because if so then that just means it even more irrelevant for most of us to be playing right now. I said it in-game the other day i would like to see certain "end game" mobs "balanced" for the sole fact that only 5 people play. How am i supposed to farm the end game things when i can't get a team? Also the reason im leveling a monk because i will have to lom him to PPU to at least attempt to get myself items.

^The above although would be nice i feel would also give them more reason to do a server wipe if and when people came back because the few people playing, you could say, have had an "advantage"........ but in all actuality, don't get me started on people that have had advantages right when Titan was rolled..

No to a server wipe. Nobody had any advantage over anyone else. If you werent here you must have been doing something else with your life, thats just the way it goes. If anything it would be easier to ask one of the people who has hoards of rares to give you some spells/parts/guns etc if theyre not playing, rather than asking for the game to be wiped just because you were elsewhere.

Wiping the database for a 2nd time would be the complete death knell for nc. You might as well turn the server off for all the good that would do.

I completely believe the first server wipe was a waste of time and probably killed the game...

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    No to a server wipe. Nobody had any advantage over anyone else. If you werent here you must have been doing something else with your life, thats just the way it goes. If anything it would be easier to ask one of the people who has hoards of rares to give you some spells/parts/guns etc if theyre not playing, rather than asking for the game to be wiped just because you were elsewhere.

Wiping the database for a 2nd time would be the complete death knell for nc. You might as well turn the server off for all the good that would do.
    O.K. well i said i didn't want to go in to it but now you made me. After they rerolled titan a number of bugs weren't fixed for a MONTH. FURNITURE DUPING was one of them, Droning WoC, Infinite Ammo Drones, Droning Secret BD HQ etc etc the list goes pretty far. They rerolled the server WITHOUT FIXING THE REASONS FOR REROLLING IT. So people that played for the first two weeks and took advantage of these things... yeah, i would say they have a reasonable advantage over everyone.

I knew it would kill the server so i capped like 5 or 6 spies droning to have my own tradeskillers, yeah, in two weeks, playing CASUALLY.

Honestly, if they wipe it, I´m gone. Why would they punish the people who have actually played the game? That would easily be the dumbest move they could make.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

I'm sorry, i really shouldn't have brought it up i hope just the idea of a wipe doesn't drive the last few people away lol. I'm 87.564% repeating sure they won't wipe the server, as i've seen GM's quoted saying "Titan is here to stay" I was just speculating at the "What If's"

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    Your odds will be very good. Titan is a new server that intends to stay.

Terra was closed down about 2 years ago. However we still have backups of your old characters - so they are not lost forever.

So roll a new character and enjoy Neocron again.

Wipe for sure! I don't have 8 accounts... Lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast