Thread: Steam ?

Default Steam ?

hello , neocron is for free . no pay to win etc ......

why isnt it on steam ? i see so many really crappy games on steam - but people are playing it .

iam sure , if neocron would start on steam - people would realize how amazing it is .

This isn't a bad idea, I think there was a push in the past, but I can not say for sure. Anyone else?
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Most agreed that the game should be fixed up as much as possible before opting for Steam. Get some decent patches in (balancing, solving age old bugs etc) and the influx of players that Steam would likely bring would have less reasons to leave.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Most agreed that the game should be fixed up as much as possible before opting for Steam. Get some decent patches in (balancing, solving age old bugs etc) and the influx of players that Steam would likely bring would have less reasons to leave.

all that balancing seems to be a never ending story between people who are playing the game since ,i dont know, EVER ?

i think the game is good enough for a nice steam release .

when i look at the early access(beta) games on steam what just get sold.its absurd. then i think a game like neocron would bring a beam of light into that dark corner. people finaly would not be dissapointet.

just my opinion . the game is just getting older . its not like holding a new invention back for some reason .

as early on steam . as early the community can start to catch players . as i see it with my own eyes - people are playing so crappy games just because they are free - lots of them are just playing because they want to have gametime hours written down somewere ,like trophys . like status symbol.
    they will probably never start a game without steam in their life anymore ...

((all just opinions please dont take it too serious, i know there must be people who work hard to balance and invest freetime to make neocron better and better with every patch. i bow before you people ))
    Last edited by Bodo; 14-12-14 at 18:14.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    This.

NC is not ready for Steam, yet.

EDIT: NC is in the MIDDLE of a major balancing project.. Its quite possibly the worst possible time to add the game to Steam..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Oh, is it already time for a Steam thread again? My... time sure flies...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

former king of saturn

It has been spoken of by the playerbase, but I don't think the NST has directly addressed it. Personally, I'd like to see the pathway for new players be re-hashed before we invite new players to the difficulties of navigating a game that was really constructed for another era.

after that upcoming patches (balancing, content and few grafic updates) could be the right time to get it on steam.
    before that its a bad idea, just think of new players starting in the newbiemc5, if they play the tutorial they ll stop playing while that, if they come through and start in the mc5 they get annoyed cause its not newbiefriendly. not to mention things like the bugged droner <-- on of the most used specs at the start cause not many or no game got such a weapon use.

just sit back, help as much as you can to improve the patchspeed and hope that the nst team dont have any real life

There was a similar thread a few months ago that discussed this. http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...oM-is-on-Steam

Predominantly Zoltan's response I believe still stands, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Yes and this is the reason why Neocron isn't on Steam yet. There are lots of things that needs to be changed, improved or just fixed before any release via Steam happens but I am pretty sure we debated many times about it in the past.
    Until the balancing project has been finished, I can't imagine we would be looking to promote on Steam just yet. But don't take my word for it. I will let Zoltan confirm or deny that
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Can't wait till its done, I do love neocron but I can't play it because theres just not enough people, I can never find anybody to fight, theres no crafters to make weapons if I start a new character and theres nobody to level with anyway so I'm forced to grind regents (assuming theres a team there)
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Diablo perhaps you can let them know how many players you need to make it worth your time to log on? They could maybe send you an alert, or an email, when the player base gets high enough.
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Ruhr Valley Inquisitor ‡ Stormlord ‡'s Avatar

@Diablo: if everyone would think the same way you do, we would be by far less people in the server. Just log on. Just do it. And have fun, you know you want to have fun with us.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    Dude, Calvin Stormlords just camr back, dont help him out!

screw waiting for balance lets please just fix the endless syncing and zone issues like loss of in game chat. then push it to steam.
    Michael Myers - Tank
    Useless PPU - Monk
    Sweet Leaf - PE
    Spacy - Spy