Lets spend a lot of time making a tl curve for the implants...it will fix everything just like the weapons =)

Good stuff Bragi. Nice listing and good thoughts there. Your effort is appreciated, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    I am fully aware however, of the time and effort that goes into obtaining them. Is +20 HCK over something that cost 50k from BTFSM worth it?
    Yeah, it can be. If it'd give even HCK +30/+40/+50 and more it would rock! Because then people could do more things with their char if they obtain it. In this example they could start exploring the Hacknet, they could hack the hackterm in a opfight, they could open the boxes lying around... That's fun! That's cool! These things are what a game needs.

That's why I'd go for the first option too.

The advantages are that more diverse setups are possible, that skill matters more than equipment, that lower level chars can do PvP better, and that you have more options for your char.

It could mean that it makes even more sense to swap imps more often.

Which means more work for pokers/doctors in return.

For that I'd lower the time that these imps need for putting them in drastically, tho
    Last edited by Ivan Eres; 17-12-14 at 01:10.

To me, a rare implant should be a good deal better than the ones you can just buy for 50k, otherwise what would be the use in getting it? I don´t see much reason for people to go to MC5 or farm L parts unless it actually makes a noticable improvement on their character. I´m not talking crazy advantage, but a few % damage and aim extra would suit me fine. Of course you should be able to make setups without them. Luckily we play a FPS game here, so no matter how much you boost your dude, aim still conquers all (with some exceptions).

By the way, I saw Zoltan wants to make rares more rare than they are. Combining that with making rare implants worse sounds like a truly horrible idea.

A few points extra in hacking doesn´t mean your char gets better by any noticable degree, it just frees up a few points for weapon lore.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

I'd like to see more crafting implants, with perhaps better bonuses. I believe it might encourage more people to make combat worthy crafters, instead of playing multiple accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    But isn't that whats makes this the best option of all?
    Think about it, its what people want after all. Making T4 and T5 implants a convenience/nice-to-have item instead of a necessity lowers the entry level for PVP and it also lowers the costs/downtime in case of loss. Just like nobody really needs a WoC3 PA but everybody wants it - because swag!
    Also this could lead to the resurrection of more varied skill setups, since people are not required to go all balls out weapon+resist for PVP, like you pointed out; it allows spare points for stuff like recycle, vhc or other hybrid setups. Melee/Pistol Tank anyone?
    This.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    G
    Yeah, it can be. If it'd give even HCK +30/+40/+50 and more it would rock! Because then people could do more things with their char if they obtain it. In this example they could start exploring the Hacknet,
    Except that implants are null in hacknet and don't work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    True. Maybe that could make the list of changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    hacknet is great as it is. no imps needed.

Right, sorry for the late reply, had to sort out some posting right issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    Level 3 Rifle Implants give +dex (coordination) +rc +tc +wpl (long distance), what else should the rare or mc5 boost? That would be a total waste of the implants. They are made to boost a certain skill you prefer to use in PvP and PvE, except trader implants. I m the mighty woced Rifle Spy with MC5 and rare implant invested hours of farming those things and now i can use heavy weapons and repair cause of those? lol
    I meant like they could act like Tier 4 versions of different imps, like the balance advancer line for example. Or some could be defensive in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Much better! More DEX, mooooore DEX! (yes I need more dex for them noPA PE's!

On a sidenote: I vote that MC5's requirements are lowered to 90 DEX/STR/PSI!
    Yeah, again for the love of noPA PE's
    Requirements are being looked at, as are those of the PAs. The nature of PAs is also being addressed so that they aren't such a no-brainer. Non-PA PA slot items are having an overhaul.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by I See Blue View Post
    By the way, I saw Zoltan wants to make rares more rare than they are. Combining that with making rare implants worse sounds like a truly horrible idea.
    This. Making rares harder to get and then making them less desirable sounds uhh counter-intuitive.

Can't we just go into the old NC1 part of Techhaven.org and copy/paste those values back? The implant system from that point had a proper scaling mechanism, didn't unfairly punish PE's, and Rare/MC5 chips were sought after just as they should be. You can PVP with a tangent plasma cannon and a few soldier chips in your head if you want. Otherwise, get your ass to MC5 or trading and get what you need. End-game is end-game- It's where EVERYONE goes eventually... Making end-game less satisfying by nerfing it so mid-game is more satisfying is a bad approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    This. Making rares harder to get and then making them less desirable sounds uhh counter-intuitive.
    But think about swagger!
    No easier way to make PvE a bit more worthwhile again! Two birds with one plasma shot!
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    But think about swagger!
    No easier way to make PvE a bit more worthwhile again! Two birds with one plasma shot!
    Making things that are not valuable harder to get undermines effort in general and therefor sabotages PVE.

Making things that are not valuable harder to get undermines effort in general and therefor sabotages PVE.
    PvE has always been about obtaining status symbols. "Looks at me how hard I can grind! What it does? The fuck do I care BUT I GOT IT AND YOU NOT!!!"
    PVE in a nutshell for you.

Think about it. If you make the items a requirement for PVP you got the lamenting of the PK crowd. If you make the PVE items a requirement for PVE then... nobrainer. If you need endgame PVE items to acquire said endgame PVE items in the first place you have a deadlock with players being locked out of this cycle. And if not then they are pointless anyway since you can PVE without them after all. Or you expect people to cramp a 24 player raid into Gaia boss room in hopes for one Regant PA part... yeah, fun with a lot of friendly fire and no feasible loot-distro.
    Also you'd have to go the route of the other MMOs and pile new dungeons on new dungeons every few months the maintain a reward cycle that ultimately is just inflationary for your content.

Swag is love, swag is life!
    Last edited by Drachenpaladin; 24-12-14 at 21:34.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Having "required" pvp gear is a bit of a double edged sword in a game where you can lose your shit. If losing one item makes you little timmy, that is a bit harsh. I forget, but as I recall the only item you can't lose (based upon your soul light) Is your first slot item, generally your "best" weapon. So the implant/s that drop COULD end up in your bag, as well as your armor, or secondary items. So to could your ammo, recyclable loot, or even your butt plug lol! Word is MC-5 and Rares might become even more difficult to get, and the overall pools are so massive. I guess lifes a bitch no matter what happens. Never mind, I don't have a great response, but I will leave this here anyway, Merry Christmas!
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Making end-game less satisfying by nerfing it so mid-game is more satisfying is a bad approach.
    exactly this, I think whatever changes you make should make it more challenging to achieve the optimal set ups, and the FINAL tier chips at least should reward the effort you put in. The chips below should be such that it is possible to PVP, as I See Blue said, aim counts for a lot more anyway. Final tier should provide a nice little edge.

more difficult group oriented quests? maybe even make it that, upon quest completion, the rewards are randomized within a certain range. So basically you could be going in as a clan/team and doing them, not knowing who or which class will benefit from the run, requiring consistent group effort to gear up. having more things to do beside PVP will probably have a positive impact on population. The 'quests' don't necessarily have to be combat based too, not sure how you interpret that but there's room for some hard non combat things, hacknet is an example you've implemented in the past. Im not sure what direction this can be taken in as I literally have no idea about coding games and how easy things are to implement but yeh, there's room, there's room... more clan/group based activities will require people to gather their comrades, and if they don't have comrades, form groups and hopefully more clans etc. I guess population could be a factor with team effort but yup im thinking aloud again.

at the end of the day I quite liked that zoltan made the mobs more difficult, and that mc5 is a lot harder. think should continue in that vein. making everything easy is just boring. make it harder I say, and let those who can stand up to the tasks benefit. This is what true gaming is about no? otherwise just counterstrike?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast