Default Your input on: Tier 3 implants vs Rare and MC5 implants

Part of the implant rework involves making a decision about the relative potency of the rare and MC5 implants over the top level 'normal' implants.

On one hand, we want as many players to be able to engage in PvP at high level. Not everyone at that point has/can obtain the 'Tier 4' rares such as the Marine or Special Forces or the 'Tier 5' MC5s. As a result they should not offer significant bonuses above the Tier 3 implants.

On the other hand, these are the top level implants in the game, are considerably harder to obtain and should therefore afford higher benefits.

Here's some options to mull over; they are by no means the only avenues open, I just want to outline the main possibilities as I see them. Feel free to offer alternatives.

• Rare and MC5 implants should only offer a token bonus, unrelated to the main benefits of their Tier 3 originator.

Eg. If the Co-Ord 3 gives +5 Dex, the Special Forces and the CCP might give +5 Dex and +10/20 respective bonus to transport, hacking or vehicle use. The availability of a 'second' or 'third' implant of the same type in itself increases setup variation and is a bonus of a kind.

• Rare and MC5 implants should do what the Tier 3 implants do, but just a bit better.

Eg. The Special Forces might give +6 Dex or +5 Dex and +10 PC/RC.

• Rare and MC5 implants should afford bonuses significantly above those of the Tier 3 implants.

Eg. The Special Forces might give +6 Dex and +15 PC/RC and the CCP +7 Dex and +15 PC/RC.

• The Rares and MC5s do something different.

Ie. They offer something that the different Tier 3 implants do not.
      Of course how much more potent they are over the Tier 3 implants is still an issue.

My personal preference (let that be clear), is for the first option. In a similar vein that that WoC weapons should not be inherently better, I feel the Rare and MC5 implants should be a little 'extra' at high level. Otherwise it makes the Rare and MC5 implants too much of a necessity for endgame viability.
    I am fully aware however, of the time and effort that goes into obtaining them. Is +20 HCK over something that cost 50k from BTFSM worth it?

I'd like to have as much variation in viable implant types as possible. Unless we expand both rares and MC5s to cover the entire range that the Tier 3 implants do, making them significantly more powerful decreases the number of viable implant/setup choices. If we do expand the range, the we close off the capped/near-capped but unequipped players from endgame.

Floor is open.

//Edit: Someone with access please move this to the vedeena discussion section.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Ok, only taking a look at one chain of chips here. In this case for HC. It runs as follows. (unless I screwed up)

16 Synapse Soldier MOD S-11 STR:16*** STR:+1.00 H‑C:+7.30 INT:-1.50 ATL:-1.50
    41 Synapse Soldier MOD S-12 STR:41*** STR:+1.71 H‑C:+13.70 M‑C:-2.82 ATL:-2.82
    66 Synapse Soldier MOD S-13 STR:66*** STR:+2.51 H‑C:+20.10 M‑C:-4.14 ATL:-4.14
    115 Area MC5 Balistic CPU STR:100*** STR:+5.23 H‑C:+10.46 TRA:+10.46 HLT:+10.46 END:+10.46

Though I would certainly like to enjoy that +5 str increase, it is pretty damned powerful. I could see reducing it, aligning it more with the progression that currently exists for a STR increase.

I also would ask... that Power Armor stats be considered, if such changes were to go through. (Especially for the few and proud HC Private Eyes).
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    My personal preference (let that be clear), is for the first option. In a similar vein that that WoC weapons should not be inherently better.
    Sorry to go off topic, but I'm still awaiting WoC weapons for APU, oh, and a rare poison beam?

Back on topic.

I think realistically, its all intrinsically linked with server population, if more are people playing its easier to get hold of the 'rare' chips.

I know this impossible to predict and fluctuates, arguably I'd vote for:

* Rare and MC5 implants should afford bonuses significantly above those of the Tier 3 implants.

But while population is low, they should be:

* Rare and MC5 implants should do what the Tier 3 implants do, but just a bit better.

As people feel they can manage without them, without feeling they're at a major disadvantage.

• Rare and MC5 implants should only offer a token bonus, unrelated to the main benefits of their Tier 3 originator.

Eg. If the Co-Ord 3 gives +5 Dex, the Special Forces and the CCP might give +5 Dex and +10/20 respective bonus to transport, hacking or vehicle use. The availability of a 'second' or 'third' implant of the same type in itself increases setup variation and is a bonus of a kind.
    In my opinion thats total bullshit. So investing hours of playtime in the game gives you a bonus you dont really need, a few points transport or hacking are the only thing that would be even worth thinking of it. But still, therefor i wouldnt get rareparts or even thinking of going mc5. Like you said, hours of farming or 30k Bt-fsm. The Private Eye is the class that is in need of those implants then if they want to use higher weapons like they have to do already now.

• Rare and MC5 implants should do what the Tier 3 implants do, but just a bit better.

Tier1: Coordination Advancement V0.1 // +2 dex
    Tier2: Coordination Advancement V0.2 // +3 dex
    Tier3: Coordination Advancement V0.3 // +4 dex
    Tier4: Special Forces // +4 dex +2 subskill bonus ( +10rc +5tc/wpl)
    Tier5: MC5 DIP // +5 dex +2 subskill bonus ( +15rc +10tc/wpl)

That way you chould still play without the mc5s.... SF is just a bit better and mc5 is still worth farming.

Of course how much more potent they are over the Tier 3 implants is still an issue.
    Level 3 Rifle Implants give +dex (coordination) +rc +tc +wpl (long distance), what else should the rare or mc5 boost? That would be a total waste of the implants. They are made to boost a certain skill you prefer to use in PvP and PvE, except trader implants. I m the mighty woced Rifle Spy with MC5 and rare implant invested hours of farming those things and now i can use heavy weapons and repair cause of those? lol

Setup variation was something neocron lost when going nc2, but also then every tank used moveon/ppr/marine. The problem atm is that every class has to use at least 1 resistor chip to not get overrun in pvp. Hc tanks use the Melee Mc5 Chips cause the stats are better. So for hc you got 1 or 2 free brain implants you can choose, not hard to choose the right onces as marine/moveon are worthless. The rest of the implants is nothing you can really even think bout changing anything.

Same with RC/PC. 2 Resistors or 1 and long/close distance, DIP/CCP, SF/Swat.

About Monks and there implants atm and in the future i could write hours of text, dont want someone to fall asleep so probably later when you guys got the point when we see what you exatly plan to do. (Mc5 DS, +5 psi, +15 apu/ppu, change of the hybrid malus)

Whoa easy there pilgrim. Lol breath. I'm at work, and your getting to excited when I can't participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    In my opinion thats total bullshit. So investing hours of playtime in the game gives you a bonus you dont really need, a few points transport or hacking are the only thing that would be even worth thinking of it. But still, therefor i wouldnt get rareparts or even thinking of going mc5. Like you said, hours of farming or 30k Bt-fsm. [..]
    But isn't that whats makes this the best option of all?
    Think about it, its what people want after all. Making T4 and T5 implants a convenience/nice-to-have item instead of a necessity lowers the entry level for PVP and it also lowers the costs/downtime in case of loss. Just like nobody really needs a WoC3 PA but everybody wants it - because swag!
    Also this could lead to the resurrection of more varied skill setups, since people are not required to go all balls out weapon+resist for PVP, like you pointed out; it allows spare points for stuff like recycle, vhc or other hybrid setups. Melee/Pistol Tank anyone?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Also this could lead to the resurrection of more varied skill setups, since people are not required to go all balls out weapon+resist for PVP, like you pointed out; it allows spare points for stuff like recycle, vhc or other hybrid setups. Melee/Pistol Tank anyone?
    As long as there is no weapon caps, that will never happen.
    People will always try to get the most out of their setups (for PvP).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Hence everything about the rares tier of weapons should be flattened stats-wise so it doesn't matter. Making rares a choice of personal preference rather then stats.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

the highest TL weapons ingame are 115 for dex and str, 110 for psi (there is no psi backbone tho). it's quite easy to boost your mainskill to 120 and above, using mc5 + rare + tier3 + backbone + PA + drugs (+ dex glove) and still care for your resists and speed.

past generations of rebalancing have created this mess. it needs to be fixed.

*imho reaching out to the highest TL weapon should be possible, but only by sacrificng either resist chips, runspeed, or armour. lets remove mainskill boni from (power) armour and gloves, so you can chose to either go for more mainskill and a higher TL weapon, or use a lower TL one and have subskills and/or resists boosted.

this will lead to a vast variety of setups, and to using all kinds of weapons in PvP and PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Falk has 55 Vehicle Use (Gliders!), 26 Pistol Combat (Mendicant SMG & Nailguns!), below 230 HC fully drugged and buffed and can use the A&W Scout Drone SR-1 and Crahn Energy Bolt.

My Exe-PE can also use Revenges and throw hand grenades.

My HC-PE can use Resurrection.

My Pain Easer PE can use Crahn Energy Beam. (Quote clanmate: "WTF is wrong with you?")

Heck, even my PPU can use the KK-100 and the F12 Flamer.
    Last edited by slith; 12-12-14 at 12:05.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by slith View Post
    Falk has a huge shlong.

[..]
    Not to forget your leet jump hx!!!1111oneoneoen

Torg that sounds just plain kinda, sorta terrible... a bit...
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Quote Originally Posted by necrocon View Post
    Torg that sounds just plain kinda, sorta terrible... a bit...
    just meeting expectations. (*cough) but wont tell us your different view of our future armoury?

Do make the rares worth the effort. Anyone can afford these items, either farming them, or farming money to purchase them from other players. Gives people something to do, something to look forward to.
    When leveling my chars I'm always a bit sad when I get the best of the non rare implants, as if I'm done. No way am i going to farm for an implant that only offers the slightest advantage over the FSM implants.

As it stands, skill will beat gear anytime in NC, gear gives a slight advantage at most. What new players need to be viable in PvP is practice, not the best items. This isn't WoW after all.

The REAL Walker

The most important thing...
    No more implants using rare parts.. Do.not.add.more.rare.implants!

Really bad idea IMO. This would hurt PE's the most, and it would hurt them a lot.

Better..

• Rare and MC5 implants should afford bonuses significantly above those of the Tier 3 implants.

Eg. The Special Forces might give +6 Dex and +15 PC/RC and the CCP +7 Dex and +15 PC/RC.
    Much better! More DEX, mooooore DEX! (yes I need more dex for them noPA PE's!

+lots of DEX and change your appearance to a stripper!
    Otherwise, just no.

My personal preference (let that be clear), is for the first option. In a similar vein that that WoC weapons should not be inherently better, I feel the Rare and MC5 implants should be a little 'extra' at high level. Otherwise it makes the Rare and MC5 implants too much of a necessity for endgame viability.
    I am fully aware however, of the time and effort that goes into obtaining them. Is +20 HCK over something that cost 50k from BTFSM worth it?
    WoC weapons should not be better, I definitely agree on that. WoC = iWin is just bad.
    However rare implants NEEDS to be slightly better than all other implants.
    Lets take MC5 Balistic CPU vs. Soldier3..
    If the Balistic only gave +5(or 6) STR and +15 HC and the Soldier3 gave +2 STR but +20 HC, I would personally take the Soldier3 over the Balistic. A tank simply do not need the STR.
    Of course its a different matter with DEX based implants, but it was just an example.

On a sidenote: I vote that MC5's requirements are lowered to 90 DEX/STR/PSI!
    Yeah, again for the love of noPA PE's
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast