Thumbs down [FIXED][001507] Bug: Mr Jones Scientist Mission Guide

Mission 2 - The Analysis

- Take the Blueprint to Prof. Dr. Whitley in Biological Research Laboratory in Plaza SEC-3.

Problem: NPC Dr. Whitley has no time and refuses to talk with me (sry, screenie in German)

Dr. Whitley.jpg

Hmm, sure you don't lack a prerequisite?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Hmm, sure you don't lack a prerequisite?
    I have the artifact,
    I have the blueprint

He won't talk to me anyway. It's the same fu.. off message that his colleague is telling me.

I got those kind of problem when i try to play the game in french ('cause I'm french...), when it's not Mr. Jones who's busy and want me to get the f... out (in german), it's someone along his quest run, but it's ok in english.
    Perhaps it's the same with german, even if I doubt it is as simple...

Hmm... yeah, trying a diff. language seems like the next best thing to try. Not sure how you switch tho. Do you do that via an .ini entry?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

In English it worked. I don't know how to change the language piece. Which part of the mission are you on though?

It sounds like you are on part 2...
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

You can change the language between English, Deutsch and Français into the first configuration window of the launcher, on the lower left, under the 'Check File Integrity' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasterbot View Post
    You can change the language between English, Deutsch and Français into the first configuration window of the launcher, on the lower left, under the 'Check File Integrity' button.
    Even after the installation, without re-installing?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Even after the installation, without re-installing?
    Lol, gotta admit I never payed notice to that little window
    But yeah, even after install this should work.

I can confirm this, Whitley won't talk to me even though I have the relic and the blueprint. Neither in german nor in english.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyol45743241
    Gnah, remember starship troopers? They faced the same amount of bugs and what did they get? A warm handshake, thats all!
    R.I.P. Keyol

Quote Originally Posted by Telepath View Post
    I can confirm this, Whitley won't talk to me even though I have the relic and the blueprint. Neither in german nor in english.
    Delete Charakter and start over from scratch. Worked for me.

Neocron Apartment Guide

I've had this issue with numerous Mr Jones missions recently (they all have in common that the NPC doesn't register as a mission target) and had several GMs look at it without success.

The only 'fix' I can offer is drop the mission and go and run some other missions for a bit and try again later (later = hours or days).

Aborting and immediately getting the mission from Jones again never seemed to work, neither did letting the mission time out and then getting it again.