[EDITED]

Quoting Nidhogg from the other thread:
    "Please don't accuse others of cheating."

You know what's going to happen if you continue to post this, eh ?

-Baldur
    Last edited by Baldur; 06-12-14 at 18:26.

3 shot burst on Judge?

There is no rage image suitable...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Yes: Decals and some static models, more will come in the future... and one of my absoute favorites: THe blood decal
    Please open this up to the community, I'm sure there is a lot of skin within the community. I for one would get involved, turning signage into scalable vectors etc.

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Quote Originally Posted by necrocon View Post
    Magic trick, sounds like a funny name for an abuse of an exploit... lol Who makes a hotfix for magic?
    lol i like this guy!
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    3 shot burst on Judge?

this literally made me laugh out loud
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

So here is what i need to know about the Art related part.

Did you discovered floating, missing (white blurry circle) , non-proportional scaled or mis-aligned textures? A lot of the decal overhaul was made by replacing the original without the need to touch it in a further editor. If something was wrong with the original one, the new decal will get that errors too. New decals can appear all over NC, including Wastelands, Sewers or Storage sectors. Try to check Titan if the issue is there too if you are unsure.

A few tech facts for thoose who my be interested:
    The new textures are mixed in DXT1 and DXT3, with a few tech exceptions in BMP.
    Sizes go up to 1024x1024
    Mip-Maps (LoD) are directly stored into the texture, so the engine can skip this part of processing

Known issues and things to skip in testing:
    - Some weathered blood locations may look horrible now, try to lcate and report them. A example of this mess is in the Military Base shopping areas around the boxes.
    - Old wood boxes have not been replaced with new ones, they get replaced in a later step
    - Some of the new Model-textures have so called "banding" issues, which originating to the original UV that have not been changed yet. Banding means a texture looks like stripes in some areas because the part of the model just have very few texture pixels assigned to it, thus stretching them to cover the part.
    - Decals with smaller text in it may look pixelated or slightly blurred at very close range, resulting from the texture compression
    - When the Day/Night cycle occurs, some decoration decals may look different or ugly, this is due to the lightmap changes while the decals is placed "on top" of the changing lightmap. (Feel free to report very strange looking ones)
    - A lot of decals on windows are translucent white, that is intended.

If you want to report any issues with texture changes try to be as precise as possible where we can find it or deliver a additional screenshot. For example: "The second of four ASG signs in the ASG store at Viarosso 1 is floating to the right".

So far, we hope you like some of the new shiny stuff, enjoy your favorite faction in clear letters or finally can read where to find "Mr.T." on the Guns Guns Guns poster. There is lovely 2k stuff in the pipe for you!
    Last edited by Xortag; 07-12-14 at 21:43.

former king of saturn

Magic trick, sounds like a funny name for an abuse of an exploit... lol Who makes a hotfix for magic?
    This was much more well-known in nc1 than it seems to be today. I had actually completely forgotten about it until I read the post and I have been back for over a year now. This isn't a hotfix, it is a fix for something that has been in game since nc1-- most likely since beta.

former king of saturn

3 shot burst on Judge?

That said, can you not appreciate the fact that the rare of the line now feels unique compared to the rest? After some initial shock, I have been digging the fact that rares feel out of the ordinary when compared with the rest of the weapon series. Droners have had this benefit for some time now that I think about it.

damn that notes sound very very good, cant wait to get on the testserver on sunday again, hope you dont miss me

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    This was much more well-known in nc1 than it seems to be today. I had actually completely forgotten about it until I read the post and I have been back for over a year now. This isn't a hotfix, it is a fix for something that has been in game since nc1-- most likely since beta.
    Just because it has taken 14 years to address doesn't mean it wasn't something that was not intended. I didn't know about it until now. I played then, I just never looked for bogus ways to give myself an edge. Just because "everyone" is doing it, doesn't mean it is right. Say someone had a sheep in Ireland.... never mind... lol!
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

That said, can you not appreciate the fact that the rare of the line now feels unique compared to the rest?
    Of course I can. Comedic exaggeration.

That said, there's distinction and then there's making something completely out of line with everything else.

I still see the rares more or less as 'level 4' versions of their respective weapon lines. The HL and EoF are just far too removed from that. I don't have a specific problem with how they operate aside from how wildly different they are from their non-rare versions.
    Unique examples like the epics, the storm laser, etc. I have no issue with. In fact we need more of them. I really like the style of the EoF as a weapon, but it's just not a gatlin.

Of course I can. Comedic exaggeration.

That said, there's distinction and then there's making something completely out of line with everything else.

I still see the rares more or less as 'level 4' versions of their respective weapon lines. The HL and EoF are just far too removed from that. I don't have a specific problem with how they operate aside from how wildly different they are from their non-rare versions.
    Unique examples like the epics, the storm laser, etc. I have no issue with. In fact we need more of them. I really like the style of the EoF as a weapon, but it's just not a gatlin.
    I question, the calling of a level 4 version. You mean this as a generic term right? Some weapons, say the street rifle, have 5 versions ranging from TL 2- TL 78, and then the rare version makes the 6th model in the series. Then you also have the assault rifle that also has 5 standard models, plus the Tsunami Epic, plus the rare, plus 4 additional WOC versions. A total of 11 versions.... CRAZY!!! Those only reflect what the Techhaven site have listed. If it is wrong, then so am I, lol!
    Quant

former king of saturn

Just because it has taken 14 years to address doesn't mean it wasn't something that was not intended. I didn't know about it until now. I played then, I just never looked for bogus ways to give myself an edge. Just because "everyone" is doing it, doesn't mean it is right. Say someone had a sheep in Ireland.... never mind... lol!
    Intent/lack thereof do not and can not predict appropriate use, or exploitation, as a product matures. The majority of this game is not officially documented in any capacity. It is not within the realm of possibility to understand or truly know how something will be used over the course of time. It is up to the NST to determine what is and what is not within the scope of fair gameplay and clearly they had no qualms with individuals utilizing that specific knowledge.
    Last edited by Divide; 07-12-14 at 05:33.

Intent/lack thereof do not and can not predict appropriate use, or exploitation, as a product matures. The majority of this game is not officially documented in any capacity. It is not within the realm of possibility to understand or truly know how something will be used over the course of time. It is up to the NST to determine what is and what is not within the scope of fair gameplay and clearly they had no qualms with individuals utilizing that specific knowledge.
    Whatever helps you sleep! Whatever helps keep that old imaginary crown on your head buckaroo! I'm not here to strip you of it. Saturn, is as dead as Pluto.

I do add in though... this piece cut from the above patch notes. "Movement behavior *WIP* - The leg-shot isn't realized through a "Inventory overloading"- hack anymore"

As it is uses the word hack, and hacks are often exploits.... I guess that leads down a path.
    Quant

Sorry for the confusion. I ment a very dirty and poorly implemented solution to achieve a special goal.

The solution which makes you slower by getting shot in the legs was a such hack.

--

About the EoF and HL:

As far I understand the new behavior is not wanted?
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast